War Hammer 40,000 Mod

Do it, do it! The more the merrier! I think it's the best way to build up an overall mod. Starting with scenarios of just two or three races.

Would you set it on Earth, or make it an interplantary mod, with spaceships and stuff?

I'm fine with is as long as you release the units you make for it.

Also, Throw my name in the Credits. In really really tiny print saying:

"Special Thanks to Goldflash whoes Utter Lazyness forced me to do this so somethign would actually get done."

:D

I'm planning on setting it on Earth. From the start the Emperor will have all the cities but will be MASSIVELY outnumbered by Horus. I want anyone playing the Emperor to feel a scense of impending doom as city after city falls to Warlord Titans and Drop Pods are landing everywhere :) Though the only way to gain reinforcements (for both sides) is to research technology, so the Horus player should find his massive war machine worn down as he takes city after city.

I'm also going to use all my own units :) Just off my the top of my head, the ones I'm planning are ...

The Emperor of Mankind
The Warmaster Horus
Deathwing Terminators (UU)
Chaos Terminators (UU)
Warlord Titan
Assault Marine
Techmarine
Thunderhawk (helicopter role)
Thunderbolt (fighter)
Marauder (bomber)

... and maybe a basic Imperial guard unit that both sides can build at the very start of the game.

You didn't make those models did you?

If so, I feel my jaw crashing to the ground exceptionally quickly.

AMAZING detail in there - I want closer pictures :D

Yes I did make those models! :D I just modified my Terminator model a bit. They only look so good because I've used a lot of bump maps on them. I've even created bump map versions of the decals so that they look better

Attachments

• EmperorAndHorus1.gif
    EmperorAndHorus1.gif
    91.8 KB · Views: 209
  • EmperorAndHorus2.gif
    EmperorAndHorus2.gif
    93.4 KB · Views: 175
aaglo said:
Muffins, are those units chaos marines?

Well, whatever they are, they look good :thumbsup:

...and oh yeah, they look smashing :goodjob:

EDIT: sorry, missed that you didn't write that the units in the picture was imperial guards.

From left to right in the pic above in post #764 (cripes, this thread is getting long)

Deathwing Terminator (1st company of the Dark Angels Space Marine Chapter) with Assault Cannon and PowerFist

The Emperor of Mankind in Terminator armour, Runesword and Power Glove

The Warmaster Horus, Primarch of the Lunar Wolves Marine Chapter, with Terminator armour and Lightning Claws

Traitor (Chaos) Marine in Terminator armour, Autocannon and Power Fist.

Hmmm. A fluff issue. Weren't the Emporer and Primarchs kinda tall?

Also, are you going to do Sanguinious (sp...), the Blood Angels Primarch who teleported aboard Horus' ship with him and fought Horus before the emporer got to him?

I posted up the link to the fluff bible earlier on this thread. I think it has a good but of fluff on the battle for Earth - got the link again: http://www.student.tue.nl/t/j.c.a.v.d.werf/Warhammer/Fluff bible.htm

Those look great, muffins! :)

The Lunar Wolves was a Legion, not a Chapter, though.

It is a Time of Desolation, of Chaos, and Uncertainty.
Brother Pitted against Brother. Babies having babies.
The, one day, from the basement, came a man with a plastic rectangle.

I MEAN EXTERNAL CD BURNER!!!

Muhahha! I FOUND IT! In a few days, los computer will be nukked,. but los bod will be SAVED! YAY!

This looks awesome, can't wait for it :D.

Well done guys :goodjob:.

Oh and Muffins scenario could be great- I only just got Civ3 (been modding CIv2 for ages- but I need to adjust to this... a lot) but I want to make an Armageddon mod (I was gonna make one for Civ2).

I could make one for the 2nd and 3rd Wars (same map, different events) and use the existing models for the units, but I will need more...

Sorry to threadjack- If i ever do get anywhere I will make a thread.

No. And It won't happen. EVER. Necromunda is different and lame and diffrently lame. And refrain from posting spammy post like that. Infact.. I'm reporting it.

That is a little harsh. I didn't even get a single warning. Not one. It wasn't like I came in wanting to sell you a new mortgage rate. I came here with the interests of Necromunda -- something that was posted in this thread. I am interested in game cross overs such as GURPS and Necromunda or Necromunda and any number of shooter games. I am a little taken aback by such a violent reaction. Seriously, was this necessary? As for my signature, I use it for every board I post in. I copy and paste it -- if it is because it links to my website, which, in fact, makes no money, but costs me money, then I am sorry.

Ramognino

Moderator Action: And if you read the forum rules, you would no that advertising is forbidden, and making duplicate logins to continue posting when banned is *also* forbidden. This ID is banned.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

wazhappenin? Just thaught I'd bump this sucker. I know with WH 2.1 around the corner this doesn't have top priority, but it would still be very nice if there was some progress. And yes, I know that you, Goldflash hates these kinds of messages. But hey, I'm only human, with no 3d modelling skills and inquisitive.

:bump:

Top Bottom