• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[RD] War in Gaza: News Thread

Looks like the NYPost version includes some MEMRI-style, er, mistranslations. It's also crazy how the reporting on this is treating those women like innocent civilians and not literal active-duty soldiers on a literal military base. And not just on a military base, the troops in the Gaza envelope were engaged in acts of war against the population of Gaza, enforcing a blockade that has gone on in current form since ca. 2008, and in a somewhat less stringent form since the early 1990s.

I do feel somewhat sorry for the soldiers, they are conscripts and of course the state's propaganda had them thinking their service was just a game. But, as these five and many others found out, it isn't a game at all.

Yeah there’s no story it’s just an anonymous picture and a narrative. MiniTrue wins again.

Oh the same hostages nobody in the Israeli government wants to save? Trotting this video out now to the families of the hostages who have been begging for relief. Wow that’s psychotic. And to be clear the proof of rape here is just the soldiers saying “these ones can get pregnant.” I mean maybe it’s a declaration of intent or maybe it’s just a way of referring to women for any other reason like which latrine should we point them to. There’s nothing else here except a lot of reaching. This is such a nothingburger compared to literally everything else about this conflict. No story.

Oh the same hostages nobody in the Israeli government wants to save? Trotting this video out now to the families of the hostages who have been begging for relief. Wow that’s psychotic. And to be clear the proof of rape here is just the soldiers saying “these ones can get pregnant.” I mean maybe it’s a declaration of intent or maybe it’s just a way of referring to women for any other reason like which latrine should we point them to. There’s nothing else here except a lot of reaching. This is such a nothingburger compared to literally everything else about this conflict. No story.

Yes, very edgy and all that, but wrong in one key respect: the families of the hostages were the ones who made this video public. It is a sort of interesting dynamic, in that they did so in an attempt to pressure the Israeli government to try to get the hostages back (a waste of time, as you or I could have easily explained to them), but of course the video is now being made to serve the opposite purpose, to further dehumanize the Palestinians and to make people think that war is the only option against such savages.

I also suspect the pregnancy line is probably a lie ultimately derived from the IDF's evidently false translation of what the fighters were saying.

But sure, this video even if taken at face value is just the small change of war. What the Zionist propagandists are banking on is the sense of identification or protectiveness that Westerners will feel with the young women.

So @Sommerswerd, Israel is invading Rafah, but Biden hasn't stopped sending weapons, at least not that I've heard about. The conclusion is that all Biden's hemming and hawing is a load of bullfeathers.

Yes, very edgy and all that, but wrong in one key respect: the families of the hostages were the ones who made this video public.
That is not a key respect.
It is a sort of interesting dynamic, in that they did so in an attempt to pressure the Israeli government to try to get the hostages back (a waste of time, as you or I could have easily explained to them), but of course the video is now being made to serve the opposite purpose, to further dehumanize the Palestinians and to make people think that war is the only option against such savages.

I also suspect the pregnancy line is probably a lie ultimately derived from the IDF's evidently false translation of what the fighters were saying.

But sure, this video even if taken at face value is just the small change of war. What the Zionist propagandists are banking on is the sense of identification or protectiveness that Westerners will feel with the young women.
It's a nothingburger.

So @Sommerswerd, Israel is invading Rafah, but Biden hasn't stopped sending weapons, at least not that I've heard about. The conclusion is that all Biden's hemming and hawing is a load of bullfeathers.
Or a blatant gambit to attempt to pander to the pro-Palestinian voters in Michigan... the polls of which currently have Biden in roughly the same spot that he was a month ago... so as suspected/predicted, when his bluster against Israel didn't change the minds of any of his detractors... a reality that was anecdotally reflected on these very threads... his advisors very predictably were/remained reluctant to encourage him to do anything more.

As you well know, I tend to be cynical... and I suspect that if he had experienced a surge of support in Michigan polling and social media following the delayed/stopped weapons shipment to Israel, he would be acting /speaking more forcefully against Israel to foster that trend. Such is politics.

But that's just speculation/hot-takes of course...

What I am curious about now, is what the ICJ's recent Order will do to international pressure. Israel outright ignoring the ICJ will have a consequence... when and what remains to be seen, but at a minimum, its going to come back to haunt them... and the US...

On Friday morning, Katz wrote on X that in response to Spain's recognition of a Palestinian state and Diaz's comments, "I have decided to sever the connection between Spain's representation in Israel and the Palestinians, and to prohibit the Spanish consulate in Jerusalem from providing services to Palestinians from the West Bank".
Definitely not an apartheid state

What I am curious about now, is what the ICJ's recent Order will do to international pressure. Israel outright ignoring the ICJ will have a consequence... when and what remains to be seen, but at a minimum, its going to come back to haunt them... and the US...

I am wondering about that myself.

If Benjamin Netanyahu was smart he'd just lay off that city for a couple of days and have the IDF
instead chase after those Hamas fighters who've escaped via tunnels and returned to the North.

But the ICC have issued an arrest warrant for him, and I expect the emotive response to defy
the IDF will preclude him from do playing cat and mouse to minimise growing hostility to Israel.

It seems like its already too late for Netanyahu to do something because the ICJ is already wanting him. However, Putin is also wanted and they haven't arrested him yet because of his power which brings the question, will Netanyahu be able to do the same?

Top Bottom