1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War with Spaniards

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Did you ever try it with a frozen butter? I am not so sure :lol:

2. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

So we got peace offer from Spaniards

a bit too hardcore for me to reply in-kind, not digging this sheep angle :yuck:

@2metra, they seem to offend you a bit, saying you seem very similar to their leader - the guy who spends quality time with his sheep, talking lovingly to her :yuck:

Do we react in any way to the peace offer? Probably best to ignore it, at least at the moment.

3. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

LOL, that is "so women" - always looking to find and make some intrigue even when there is no such to be found at all :D

As I read it, actually it is quite the opposite - they are saying that our tastes normally are alike, BUT lately they start to doubt in the tastes of their own leader because he is being kind to a sheep.

If I was to read the Gospel as the devil reads it, I could have said that actually it is insult to the women, because the Spanish leader prefers the company of a sheep? :cringe:

4. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I mainly wanted to say that after my brief stint at diplomacy with these guys I am out of it. Even reading this sheep stuff :(

5. 2metraninja

As for the message itself, there is not much of a matter said. If we are to answer them, it will be only for the lulz. I will definitely miss those guys, they are interesting and spirited. If it was not such a competitive game as the ISDG, I would have left them alive and trying to befriend them. For me personally ut is not always for what makes most sense game-wise and playing perfect what makes me happy. Way better I like the human aspect of the game.

One idea of an answer to them can be when we invade them to send something in the lines of "So long! And thanks for all the fun."

6. 2metraninja

Haha, well, diplomacy is dealing with people. I've heard men some like sheeps and some women likes horses or whatever.

In my opinion the whole sheep thing is attempt to make the conversation ridiculous and out of the normal flow. Which normal flow is: "You ba$tards attacked us and now we are going to kill you for this."

It is common to make yourself seems unreasonable and even crazy if you are to deal and boasting with other guys. Sexual jokes are also common in this.

7. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Whatever we do, we need to make sure that we have a force near the RB border just in case they :backstab: us.

8. 2metraninja

It is impossible to have reasonable army on 2 fronts at the same time. Otherwise, I said to Bistrita we need 1-2 chariots to go in RB territory to look the situation and what is going on there.

9. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

I like the idea very much of having 2 chariots to go scout what RB is doing with their troop movements. I actually like this much better than a spy, because then THEY KNOW we are watching them, whereas with a Spy, we will know if they are plotting, but this will do nothing to deter them, because they are unaware that we are keeping watch. They probably intend to respect the NAP but you know... Trust but verify;)

As for SpAp, I think that their Cats movement show that they are not fooled by our friendly banter. They expect us to attack and soon. So if nobody feels like talking about the "ins-and-outs":yuck: of sheep with them then I think we can focus our energies on something more beneficial.

About women who "like" horses:lol:
    Spoiler :

And 2metra (or anyone who played DoE) will remember this one;):

10. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Looks like their leader is starting to sober up. This just arrived an hour ago:

11. Arkipeller

Arkipeller Ancient of Lore

well, that is quite too late. Actually I find it hard to sign a NAP when we are attending, organizing AND celebrating their burial while dansing on their graves

Did they offer anything beside a NAP? 2500 gold could do. 100 gold for each turn

12. 2metraninja

Heh, 25 turns... Suspiciously close to t175. RB shines beneath this I think.

13. Sommerswerd

Agreed. This is another RB test... "Those CFC guys refuse to make a NAP with us, you go check to see if they will refuse you too or if they only refuse us"

We should not extend our NAP with anyone right now. Not without a open an willing commitment to help take RB down.

14. 2metraninja

Chats from yesterday:

15. 2metraninja

OK guys, I have a plan. And not even one, but two plans. :)

Here they are:

South front:
    Spoiler :

My plan for the South is straight forwarded. If Spaniards do not reinforce Bulawaio next turn, we attack after they are done with turn, taking the second slot of timer. The filled arrows show our knights moves, the hollow arrows mark our infantry move. We take that city and reinforce. We can draft one more mace this turn and move him to the assembly point to have stronger group when we attack.

North war theater:

Spoiler :

Here is a bit more complicated, but still quite straight-forwarded. We assembly this turn in Baraha, marked with AP. Then next turn if Spaniards are not moved their catapults or other stack from somewhere, we move our first North stack consisting of

3 knights
    2 maces
    2 xbows
    7 axes
    3 catapults
    2 spears
    2 chariots

total 21 units, on the route marked with green arrows. We have 4 workers to road the forested hill and the jungle tile. Hopefully Spaniards cant reinforce KwaDukuza and just move units towards it, so we take the city and hopefully catch their catapult stack in the open and annihilate it.

We should not be afraid of Zulu units we dont see much, because in the next 2 and 3 turns we will get reinforcements consisting of:

1 catapult
    5 maces
    1 axe
    4 knights

those are new 11 units to add to our North Group, totaling to about 30 units strong.

From there, we asses the situation and act accordingly.

What you guys think? Did we waited enough? Are there bloodthirsty ones amongst us? :ninja::trouble::ar15:

Attached Files:

16. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

For the southern front, do we have a couple of workers to road the tundra tile 1NE of the knight stack? Otherwise we won't be able to take the city in one turn.

And if you and the other military minds think we're ready to go, I think we should begin our payback, especially before the Spaniards obtain horseback riding.

17. Sommerswerd

Yea we need to move because there is no doubt that they are plotting with RB to get Eles to stop us. So we need to do as much damage as possible before they get HBR. With any luck we can cripple them before they can field any Eles, which will waste RB's money and Ivory :mwaha:

18. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

They dont have Hbr and still gathering money.

19. 2metraninja

Of course we do have workers to road in the south. And not couple, but 3 of them, since the diagonal tile is tundra and needs 3 workers to be roaded in a single turn. They are shown in the screenshot right under the military units on our AP near Abhi.

Since I dont see any objections and I do believe those are good plans, I am moving units accordingly. Only possible drawback is Spaniards will see some of our concentration of armies in Baraha and can go on and react moving units to KwaDukuza, but we lose nothing really. They must know we are coming for them and this is really tiny window of opportunity - just 1 turn. Otherwise, we will have to wait for like 5 turns more to be able to flip the forested hill tile again to our culture before we can do operation with the same effect, or bring overwhelming force of knights there (which will take again some 4-5 turns).

20. Sommerswerd

Yes indeed, "those are brave men knocking at our door... Now let's go kill them:evil:"

Just kill them already General;)