Resource icon

Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) 7.3

Yes, I have experimented with that and generally like the idea. You can edit this yourself in the sql tables for the range values. when we get to the "modern" eras we can rethink how things work

Thank you for being so open and understanding ... the community and I appreciate all your hard work and dedication ...

If you don't have a Steam copy of Civ 6 you can download the mod using steam workshop downloader.
The WE team has expanded now so there are more than just me working on it now. Cultural Diversity is coming along nicely.
Can you provide steps on how to do this? I’ve been absent from the game for a long time and I’m coming back, excitedly, to see that there are a lot of new updates to this mod that I would love to check out! Unfortunately, I downloaded steam and it doesn’t seem to be successfully downloading the mod. Like the guy above, is there any way you can post a direct link to the download here? I tried the steam workshop downloader also and it didn’t work. I really want to check it out, this used to be my favorite mod!

Okay, I'll check it out. Is this compatible with the new expansion and the latest update? And does it rely on any other mods?

Hello Wolfdog

I have a new laptop. But I received the error that the mod Armored Assault is not compatible is with this version.

What is wrong?
Has your Civ 6 all the updates up to the current version?

Are you using this old version of WE or WECE on Steam? I have not updated the one here in a long time. If you don't have steam please use the steam workshop downloader to get it.

Has your Civ 6 all the updates up to the current version?

Are you using this old version of WE or WECE on Steam? I have not updated the one here in a long time. If you don't have steam please use the steam workshop downloader to get it.

Civ 6 is updated to 1.0.0.341. And I have because troubles with Steam used the STEAM WORKSHOP DOWNLOADER for the latest versions of WECE (23 Feb) and WEAA (27 Aug)

If everything is up to date it should work. Not sure what the issue is... Mod conflict?

I have found the issue on this forum, the mod was not tagged for GS. The line <CompatibleVersions>2.0</CompatibleVersions> was missing in modinfo file of Armored Assault

Last edited:
So did you fix the bugs that carrier upgrading to Supercarrier kills the entire containing aircrafts yet?
No I don't think it is possible with my coding skills. May be someone who knows lua could come up with something but even then I am not sure it is possible without the .dll file.

@chrisgatt7 I completely forgot all about this. One problem is that there are only two types of aircraft in Civ 6 - fighters or bombers and I think but not 100% sure that the missions they can perform are hard coded. So my only real option here is to make ground attack aircraft, bombers.

In CIV 5 I gave Anti-air units the ability to Intercept 99 times each turn and increased their combat strengths. This made them very dangerous units. To counter them, I then created F4G Wild Weasel Aircraft to perform the Suppression of Enemy Air Defense (SEAD) role. I only allowed the F4G's specific promotions that gave them an increasing amount of evasion and combat strength vs anti-air units, SEAD I, II, III.

In CIV 6 I have not yet figured out how to make AA Guns and Mobile SAMs truly dangerous, they can only intercept once each turn. And there doesn't appear to be an "evasion" variable anymore. However, I have made the Wild Weasle Aircraft, again through promotions specific to them. I duplicated the jet fighter, named it F4G SEAD and created a new promotion class PROMOTION_CLASS_WILD_WEASEL, and then gave it a single track of promotions; Cockpit Armor (bonus defense vs Anti-air units), HARM (bonus attack vs Anit-air units), FLIR (double LOS), and Drop Tanks (increased range). Yes it can still patrol (intercept) but it would not survive more than one turn against enemy fighter attacks. Once my F4G gets the FLIR promotion I put it on patrol to "seek out" enemy anti-air units and ALWAYS put at least one Jet Fighter in a hex next to it for protection from enemy fighters. (FLIR is Forward Looking Infra-Red and HARM is High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile.)

I have been thinking about doing similar for an A-10, dedicated anti-tank, and if the AI actually used submarines at all I would make an MH-60R ASW helicopter.

Alas, right now I am still trying to figure out how to 'fix' AA Guns and Mobile SAMs such that they intercept every fighter, bomber, and/or Nuke that attacks them or flies past them.

Hope this helps with brain storming for new aircraft roles without having to get into real coding and/or LUA.

Yeah it has been a while since I touched on all this stuff. Most of the aircraft stuff seems to be hard coded. It would be good to differentiate which aircraft can go in aircraft carriers as well but even that is hard coded in Civ 6. As well it is really hard to get the AI to use new promotion classes well I have found.

Top Bottom