Warlords version - Great Wall bug.

Harrier

Deity
Playing as Egypt I have just built the Great Wall to keep out the barbarians - or so I thought.

But the barbarians ignore the wall and still enter my cultural borders to attack my cities.

Are they barbarians or do you have some upset independents harrasing you? :)

Are they barbarians or do you have some upset independents harrasing you? :)

They were barbarians.

I tried to load a savegame - but can not do it. Must be a fiewwall setting stopping me.

The Great Wall doesn't block Camel Archers. It's a bug with Firaxis, not Rhye's mod.

Maybe they were Natives? For in my Chinese game, the Great Wall works fine.

Edit: So it is a Camel Archer issue... Guess I have to thank Rhye for not including Camel Archers in barbarian hordes north of China.

Yes it was both:

Barbarian Camel Riders and Native Impi.

Native Impi are not barbarians.They're an independent nation.

OK.

So what is the actual differance between 'Native' and 'Independant'.

I can see 'Impi - Native' and 'Archer - Independant' in my game.

I am trying to understand the mechanics of the game.

So if I understand you, you are saying that there are other civs in the game other than the known civs such as Germany/Egypt etc. plus the Barbarians.

From the above posts we have: natives and independants. How many more unknown civs are there and what are they called?

I am trying to understand the mechanics of the game.

So if I understand you, you are saying that there are other civs in the game other than the known civs such as Germany/Egypt etc. plus the Barbarians.

From the above posts we have: natives and independants. How many more unknown civs are there and what are they called?

What does unknown mean?

There are 4 "neutral" civs: Independent 1, Independent 2, Celts and Native.

EDIT: Oops, forgot about the Celts. Thanks Lone_Wolf!

The Natives represent the Natives (who would have throught!) of Africa and American Indians. They are at war with all other civs, and may seem to behave like Barbarians, but they are actually from another tean, and Barbarians may attack them too.

The Celts are a minor tribe that holds some European cities in the beginning and are at war with some civs.

The Independents are peaceful civilizations. When a major civ (like Rome, China, etc.) collapses, they turn into Independent cities. Also, some independent cities may spawn to represent other civilizations (you'll see Independent Jerusalem, Singapore, etc.) There are two of the Independent civilizations just for the decorative purposes.

I'm not sure about the silly Celts in Ireland, as UK it's so simple, transport a couple units over, wait until the Celts spawn, wait until it's a 2 pop city, take it.

I love my Celts. :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone. :)

Thought: maybe you should add this description to the Wiki.

Extra question. If I declare war on an Independant civ - am I at war with all Independant Civs (due to game mechanics) or just the one.

I occasionally get asked by other civs to declare war on the independants.

I occasionally get asked by other civs to declare war on the independants

That's harmless, but very annoynig - because refusing does give you a negative modifier, but accepting gives you no positive modifiers.

That's harmless, but very annoynig - because refusing does give you a negative modifier, but accepting gives you no positive modifiers.
I've noticed this too, and it is annoying. Just to keep my allies happy, I have to be constantly at war with the Independents, so to me they are pretty much the same thing as barbarians.

Top Bottom