washing machine??

I'm not sure if it is representative of all their machines, but there was a Bosch in my apartment when I was in France, and I wouldn't recommend it. I never could figure out exactly how to just get a "normal" setting. Half the time it seemed like it just filled up with water but never did anything else, and when I could get it to do a full cycle it took three or four hours to wash one load. Most American brands will get the job done in 30 to 40 minutes.

Usually, Bosch washing machines have variable time settings depending on what type of clothes you put in and also the dirtiness of the clothes. Also putting more soap than you are supposed to extends the washing cycle because of suds-detectors which can rinse your clothes up to 5 times after a wash. If the load is unbalanced it can extend the final spin period too.

Top-loading is more than half the cycle time compared to a front load.

LG have a good Gurantee

Be careful with that one ........ they have 2 years but the after-sales service is so-so.

Can any of you who say a front load is better elaborate as to why it is? I currently have a top load and it does a good job but down the line if I need to get another would like to have the knowledge. Thanks.

Can any of you who say a front load is better elaborate as to why it is? I currently have a top load and it does a good job but down the line if I need to get another would like to have the knowledge. Thanks.

I believe that's a problem for...

SUUUUPPPPEEEEERRR RRRRAAAIIIIISSSSIIIIIINN BRRAAAAAAN!

:lol:

First of all, Front load or top load won't change anything in the cleansiness of the clothes, both of them will thoroughly clean your clothes.

A front load washer uses 3 times less water than a conventionnal top loading machine. It also uses 3 to 4 times less soap.

The front-load washer will also put less stress on your clothes, it tumbles your clothes instead of rubbing them. Your clothes will stay good longer.

A conventionnal top-load washer will use around 800 to 970 KWH per year compared to a average of 250 KWH for a frontal loading washers.

A top-loading washer will spin your clothes, for the final spin, at a maximum of 600 RPM while a front-load washer will spin your clothes at 1200 RMP thus reducing drasticly your drying time. remember that your clothes dryer is the appliances that costs the most to operate. You can cut your drying time by two thirds only by using a front load washer.

The frontal loading washers will also last longer then top-loading washers. A average of 10 years lifespan for top-load and 15 to 20 years lifespan for front load.

Front load also comes in many different drum sizes, 2.5 cuF, 2.7 cuF, 3.1 cuF, 3.72 cuF and 4.0 cuF compared to top load washers that comes in only 2 sizes 2.7 cuF and 3.3 cuF. You have way more choices of drum sizes to fit your needs, smaller family smaller drum. Side note: a 3.3 cuF drum of a top-load machine is equivalent in loading size to a 3.1 cuF of a frontal loading washer.
European sizes are calculated in Kg, 5 Kg is a european standard.

Drums in frontal loading washers are always made out of stainless steel which is better than the plastic or porcelain drum in top load. There are stainless steel drums in top load but they cost way too much for what you are buying.

I wont talk about frontal-load dryers because a dryer has always been frontal loading. Only thing is that you are better off to choose a stainless steel drum with a active humidity detector.

I think I covered all the good points.

Any more question?

I believe that's a problem for...

SUUUUPPPPEEEEERRR RRRRAAAIIIIISSSSIIIIIINN BRRAAAAAAN!

:lol:

To the rescue!!!!!!

I just took a ride
in a washing machine
and I'm still feeling mean
I got a washing machine
Do you want to ride
see yourself going by
other side of the sky
Well I got a washing machine
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your Zodiac sign
It flies out of a dream
It's anti-septically clean
You're gonna know where I've been
In my washing machine

First of all, Front load or top load won't change anything in the cleansiness of the clothes, both of them will thoroughly clean your clothes.

A front load washer uses 3 times less water than a conventionnal top loading machine. It also uses 3 to 4 times less soap.

The front-load washer will also put less stress on your clothes, it tumbles your clothes instead of rubbing them. Your clothes will stay good longer.

A conventionnal top-load washer will use around 800 to 970 KWH per year compared to a average of 250 KWH for a frontal loading washers.

A top-loading washer will spin your clothes, for the final spin, at a maximum of 600 RPM while a front-load washer will spin your clothes at 1200 RMP thus reducing drasticly your drying time. remember that your clothes dryer is the appliances that costs the most to operate. You can cut your drying time by two thirds only by using a front load washer.

The frontal loading washers will also last longer then top-loading washers. A average of 10 years lifespan for top-load and 15 to 20 years lifespan for front load.

Front load also comes in many different drum sizes, 2.5 cuF, 2.7 cuF, 3.1 cuF, 3.72 cuF and 4.0 cuF compared to top load washers that comes in only 2 sizes 2.7 cuF and 3.3 cuF. You have way more choices of drum sizes to fit your needs, smaller family smaller drum. Side note: a 3.3 cuF drum of a top-load machine is equivalent in loading size to a 3.1 cuF of a frontal loading washer.
European sizes are calculated in Kg, 5 Kg is a european standard.

Drums in frontal loading washers are always made out of stainless steel which is better than the plastic or porcelain drum in top load. There are stainless steel drums in top load but they cost way too much for what you are buying.

I wont talk about frontal-load dryers because a dryer has always been frontal loading. Only thing is that you are better off to choose a stainless steel drum with a active humidity detector.

I think I covered all the good points.

Any more question?

To the rescue!!!!!!

Oh my, thats the best forum post on washing machines I have ever read.

Oh my, thats the best forum post on washing machines I have ever read.

I sold home appliances for 3 yars and a half.

I just happen to be very technical.

I sold home appliances for 3 yars and a half.

I just happen to be very technical.

Seriously I'll need a new set,

So RB, what kind of deal can you offer me if I want a front loader? I know how the retail world works so get down to business ;)

edit: only the washing machine, not the dryer.

I married a Filipina.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Which reminds me of an old male chauvanist pig joke:

What do you do when your washing machine breaks down?

Spoiler :
You slap the biitch.

PS. Hi PersianBoy :wavey:

Seriously I'll need a new set,

So RB, what kind of deal can you offer me if I want a front loader? I know how the retail world works so get down to business ;)

edit: only the washing machine, not the dryer.

Can't help you there mister 2 nuts!

I don't work in retail no more.
But you can always tell me your needs and ill tell you what to buy.

Can't do anything on the prices though, although I still have contacts at Corbeil and I can ask them to give you a good price.

If your dryer works fine keep it. Unless you want a complete set.

Can't help you there mister 2 nuts!

I don't work in retail no more.
But you can always tell me your needs and ill tell you what to buy.

Can't do anything on the prices though, although I still have contacts at Corbeil and I can ask them to give you a good price.

If your dryer works fine keep it. Unless you want a complete set.

Bah, Actually I was planning on changing it somewhere before next christmas, but for a good deal I could have done it now.

Got yourself a new job yet?

Top Bottom