Random Rants 94 I rant at the thread title and shake my fist menacingly.

You can get dill pickle chips here. I think Herr's might make them.

Lays brings out new flavors every year, for a limited time. For a while they made a contest out of it. I entered an Old Bay's flavor but didn't win. Later I saw that Cape Cod has that flavor.

No, we have the correct flavors such as barbecue, salt and vinegar, or sour cream & onion.
Do you have any actually flavoured like potatoes?

Work's accounting department took an extra week off, meaning I'm missing rent. Womp womp. Time to start negotiating so I don't get instantly evicted on Monday. Probably not going to go well, given I received an (illegal) demand this week from my landlord to put the thermostat down to 15 C because he doesn't like paying for hydro.

Work's accounting department took an extra week off, meaning I'm missing rent. Womp womp. Time to start negotiating so I don't get instantly evicted on Monday. Probably not going to go well, given I received an (illegal) demand this week from my landlord to put the thermostat down to 15 C because he doesn't like paying for hydro.
Well, a possible breakthrough on this front is that the landlord dug up a leaking pipe in the yard in an attempt to fix it, and has instead managed only to permanently destroy it. The house has no water for "the foreseeable future." The guilt of this might outweigh the temptation of evicting me for being late.

But also now I have no water, which as an IBS girlie and a person who only drinks water seems potentially problematic. And by potentially I mean definitely.

Is your landlord a sole owner or a company?

Thanks; that makes things difficult if he is a jerk. Does he have water?

Well, a possible breakthrough on this front is that the landlord dug up a leaking pipe in the yard in an attempt to fix it, and has instead managed only to permanently destroy it. The house has no water for "the foreseeable future." The guilt of this might outweigh the temptation of evicting me for being late.

But also now I have no water, which as an IBS girlie and a person who only drinks water seems potentially problematic. And by potentially I mean definitely.
I don't know what you men by IBS girly, but not having water is not having a vital necessity and arguably you could sue your landlord instead. In any case, it could get messy.

Oooh. That'd get messy.

lol
usps.jpg

My sense of time is completely haywire. I was up for over 24 hours, finally got tired enough to sleep, made sure (first) to get at least one sentence written on my story (that's the rule - during non-NaNoWriMo months, at least one sentence/day is required/day; if more happens, it's gravy)... and went to sleep for awhile.

It was dark when I woke up, but that's normal. It's dark most of the time here this time of year. But it wasn't until the Moon rose in the east that I realized that I'd slept during the day and woke up in the evening (had thought the Sun was taking its sweet time and should have been up by 10 o'clock...).

I have been practicing my driving far more frequently, and in addition it's finally in a manual car. I've been told that turning corners in anything above second gear is bad for the engine; but I often slow down a little distance before I have to turn so I can be in the right gear. This means that I keep getting honked by people driving automatics who don't really worry about slowing down as much when it comes to corners. Some of the time people do recognise that I'm in a manual and I've got L plates on and don't make a fuss about the more annoying parts of manual, such as when I've stalled by accident... but I have also been honked at for being too slow to start off from an intersection before. Getting into gear takes a bit of time and I'm trying to learn how to do it without giving my passengers whiplash (it's harder than it looks!)

Maybe my L plates aren't visible enough; I'm driving a ute/pickup truck, and the L plates are rather far back and perhaps hard to see. But I'm also not going to hesitate to say that Christchurch drivers can be quite shocking and most of them probably wouldn't pass their restricted test if they did it today, and they sometimes have little courtesy for people on bikes or with L plates. I got passed by someone in the right turning bay today, too.

If you have L plates and people are honking you for going slowly that is so rude.

I hope you understand the "turning corners in anything above second gear is bad for the engine" is all about the revs? You do not want to be using the throttle at low revs, that breaks the head gasket. It is important you change down before the corner, but it is easier in a manual car once you get the hang of it.

Nuts, next year those wacko Gen Alpha kids are going to be teens.

I fired up SFM for the first time in four years, and I forgot how to even use the program :cry:

Until 2h ago I was supposed to go on a date tomorrow.
Then she tested positive for Covid :wallbash:.
Dang, until 2 hours I was supposed to go on a date on Friday.
Then she told me she had a boyfriend already :cry:.

Until 2h ago I was supposed to go on a date tomorrow.
Then she tested positive for Covid :wallbash:.
Well, at least she found out before you had your date. It must be frustrating, but you may have dodged getting it from her.

People are still dying of it here, partly because the premier prefers to pretend it doesn't exist. And even if presented with evidence, she's still cut funding to the pharmacies offering vaccines.

Top Bottom