Random Rants 94 I rant at the thread title and shake my fist menacingly.

This sums up a feeling I have from time to time:

1706520655462.png

I'm sure Jeff Bezos has too many terrible days.... How we measure "terrible/bad/worst" can be important. :mischief:

Just a grumble... A few weeks ago I got promoted to the admin staff of a gaming group on FB. The rules are few and easy, and the requirements for joining are few and easy (we had to take the group private due to the overabundance of adbots that seemed fixated on either explicit pictures or selling shoes).

So the problem? There are so many people who would otherwise make good members who just don't read the requirements for joining. Answer three simple questions and have a FB account for at least a minimum specified time (another measure to deter spammers and adbots).

I had to reject an otherwise ideal person because they didn't meet one of these requirements.

It's disappointing to have to do that because people just don't read, or they think it doesn't matter.

Spark plug caps are on my **** list, today. Ungh. So much irritation from a two buck part not being right. Even more from how long it took me to figure out.

Hot water pipe blew UNDER our house. No water since last week! Fun times ahead!

Attachments

• PXL_20240214_210217118.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240214_210217118.MP.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 8
Frozen?

Bleh. Hate plumbing work.

If it makes you feel any better, dad fixed up the saw more expertly than I was managing to, got a lot done today! Including not realizing I'd dropped a big heavy branch onto a fairly substantial sapling which was then under enough tension to snap into my shin when I cut the weight off of it. Best shiner I've had in a while.

Nah, the insurance adjuster said something about "shifting foundation" and "slab leak". Truly awful. Said a couple of years after our home was built, codes changed so this mess would occur above ground if at all. As for us.... yikes!!!!!

Yeah, I don't understand hot water pipes going under a slab.

Sorry you're in that spot.

Nah, the insurance adjuster said something about "shifting foundation" and "slab leak". Truly awful. Said a couple of years after our home was built, codes changed so this mess would occur above ground if at all. As for us.... yikes!!!!!

Yeah, I don't understand hot water pipes going under a slab.

Sorry you're in that spot.
Our house was built in the late 50s; it is on a slab and all the pipes go under the slab at various points. Heating ducts too. So far we have been mostly lucky.

Private pupil cancelled her lesson today. It is Easter holidays for 3 days in Latvia. (Yesterday I had two pupils who wanted lessons anyway, tomorrow I will have one).

My best friend lives in Lithuania and other friends have families. I'm with my cat today. It is usually Christmas, Easter, my birthday and name's day when I feel lonelier than usual.

I want to meet a friend whose parents have a ranch. I have worked at ranch and tended cows. I can also weed gardens and do more stuff.

I feel a bit of a workaholic today. Without work I don't see a reason to play video games or eat tasty food, because I'm not tired or hungry.

Getting new friends at age of 36 when you have changed your identity two times can be challenging. I work from home and thus don't have colleagues.

But it was like this 11 years ago as well, I think. Too little money to go horse riding or make a trip abroad. Too few contacts to open up my address book on phone and ask someone if they want to meet. We have four Easter holidays and nobody has to work.

At least I don't feel guilty for having my name anymore. My name and face go together without problems now.

Somebody recently suggested speed dating and maybe I should try that. I work 6-7 days a week (like 2-8 hours a day). I have made like 900 euros that way this month and that is before taxes. I gotta work hard to pay for studies at university for next academic year.

I don't think that a teacher's diploma (which I'm yet to attain, I will be rejoining my 2nd year of four) would help me get friends, because I plan to continue to work as a private tutor anyway for some time.

It is weird that my advisors/mentors (some older friends age 60+) say that it is a bad idea to hide your transsexual history despite Latvia being not so LGBT friendly. Feels like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. It is bad to hide it, it is bad to talk about it. Like yea, I'm a man now, I was trying to be a woman for 14 years, but please trust me, I'm normal/sane/fine. So much stigma when you get older.

When I communicated with other students and was 20-25 myself it was sometimes fine. There were different LGBT folk around me and they accepted me on a superficial level.
At 30+ most of my friends have families, kids, they pity me or don't understand me quite often. It is probably just in my head, but someone recently asked "Why don't you get a car and go somewhere?"

I was in tears. For what money? I haven't had money for dentist in this lifetime yet!!!

But I don't feel like I have figured out living in a society yet. I don't complain normally, but this is rants thread. No other forums I frequent has rants thread so here I am.

Private pupil cancelled her lesson today. It is Easter holidays for 3 days in Latvia. (Yesterday I had two pupils who wanted lessons anyway, tomorrow I will have one).

My best friend lives in Lithuania and other friends have families. I'm with my cat today. It is usually Christmas, Easter, my birthday and name's day when I feel lonelier than usual.

I want to meet a friend whose parents have a ranch. I have worked at ranch and tended cows. I can also weed gardens and do more stuff.

I feel a bit of a workaholic today. Without work I don't see a reason to play video games or eat tasty food, because I'm not tired or hungry.

Getting new friends at age of 36 when you have changed your identity two times can be challenging. I work from home and thus don't have colleagues.

But it was like this 11 years ago as well, I think. Too little money to go horse riding or make a trip abroad. Too few contacts to open up my address book on phone and ask someone if they want to meet. We have four Easter holidays and nobody has to work.

At least I don't feel guilty for having my name anymore. My name and face go together without problems now.

Somebody recently suggested speed dating and maybe I should try that. I work 6-7 days a week (like 2-8 hours a day). I have made like 900 euros that way this month and that is before taxes. I gotta work hard to pay for studies at university for next academic year.

I don't think that a teacher's diploma (which I'm yet to attain, I will be rejoining my 2nd year of four) would help me get friends, because I plan to continue to work as a private tutor anyway for some time.

It is weird that my advisors/mentors (some older friends age 60+) say that it is a bad idea to hide your transsexual history despite Latvia being not so LGBT friendly. Feels like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. It is bad to hide it, it is bad to talk about it. Like yea, I'm a man now, I was trying to be a woman for 14 years, but please trust me, I'm normal/sane/fine. So much stigma when you get older.

When I communicated with other students and was 20-25 myself it was sometimes fine. There were different LGBT folk around me and they accepted me on a superficial level.
At 30+ most of my friends have families, kids, they pity me or don't understand me quite often. It is probably just in my head, but someone recently asked "Why don't you get a car and go somewhere?"

I was in tears. For what money? I haven't had money for dentist in this lifetime yet!!!

But I don't feel like I have figured out living in a society yet. I don't complain normally, but this is rants thread. No other forums I frequent has rants thread so here I am.
:hug:

I spend all my holidays with the cat. In a little while I'll be going to the mall to pick up some cat food, a few groceries, and hopefully the chocolate hasn't all been bought out.

For the first time since my shoulder surgery I felt good enough to do a half days work on the house. Stripping wallpaper is tedious more than strenuous. Doing really well until I get to the point where there's a mirror hanging on the wall.

I can't lift it off the hook to take it down.

For the first time since my shoulder surgery I felt good enough to do a half days work on the house. Stripping wallpaper is tedious more than strenuous. Doing really well until I get to the point where there's a mirror hanging on the wall.

I can't lift it off the hook to take it down.
Can't you ask someone else to look into it for you?

Sorry, I should have made the "joke" more obvious.
Do you not have politicians where you live who make "mirror" decisions when asked what they will do about certain problems, e.g. They will look into it.
I think we all got the joke. Cutlass needs practical help, not jokes, as I assume he wants the mirror to come off the wall without being damaged.

I think we all got the joke. Cutlass needs practical help, not jokes, as I assume he wants the mirror to come off the wall without being damaged.
Well without any details about the mirror except that it's on a hook, I guess you didn't have any ideas either.

Depends on high it is from the floor and how large and heavy it is.
For a square mirror about, say, 1m x 1m...
Slide a table under it.
Put a foam mattress (or lots of pillows) on the table.
It should be wide enough and long enough to "catch" the mirror and not let it fall off the foam mattress.
If the foam mattress is too far below the mirror, put something under it so it is just under the bottom of the mirror.
Using masking tape, securely tape an old thin pillow (or similar) to the mirror so if it falls, it won't be damaged.
Your shoulder is not strong, so you I assume you can't lift the mirror up and off the hook.
Find a length of wood, e.g. a piece about 2m long, 30mm thick, 30mm wide, or something else to use as a "lever",
and lift the mirror so the wire holding the mirror unhooks.
It should then fall onto the foam matress, with the pillow adding extra cushioning.

Failing that, get Valka to print out a photo of Bashir equal to the size and shape of the mirror.
Paste the photo over the glass.
Next time you go out, look into the mirror and say, "Looking good. Could be my lucky day!
Remember to wear pants. :)

Top Bottom