• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Watchmen Vs The Dark Knight Returns.

Which do you prefer, Watchmen or The Dark Knight Returns?

• Watchmen. Alan Moore knows the score.

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • The Dark Knight Returns. Miller is killer.

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters
hint: it is either Stan or Kyle!

It can't be Kyle, he was in the same room as Mysterion!

Hell, it could be Wendy! She said that it could have been a girl!

cartman is also a wuss for using clap-on-claws. what is this? I am cereal!

also: more sex! *ducks the fan crowd throwing stones at him because they hated that bit*

When we went to see the Watchmen, a group of girls behind us started chanting "More Blue Penis!"......at that point the plot of the movie had jumped the shark.

Hell, it could be Wendy! She said that it could have been a girl!

And Mr./Ms. Garrison's comment at the end was gender-neutral.

We might need to start our own thread. Too much thread-jacking, methinks.

I really hate Trey and Matt sometimes.

When we went to see the Watchmen, a group of girls behind us started chanting "More Blue Penis!"......at that point the plot of the movie had jumped the shark.

ah, non-Europeans and nudity. it never fails :D mind you I stared at it as well, take from that what you will. other than the sex scene in Archie this was the biggest complaint I have encountered on just about any board. OMGpenis!

ah, non-Europeans and nudity. it never fails :D mind you I stared at it as well, take from that what you will. other than the sex scene in Archie this was the biggest complaint I have encountered on just about any board. OMGpenis!

Well, its not so much a complaint as it is an observation....

Well, its not so much a complaint as it is an observation....

and I agree with the observation. it is weird to have that displayed, which is, I believe, why it was done. yet if you take the entire movie, count up the seconds without it and get a percentage of the seconds where it actually is on display (I am sure somebody has done this) it kind of does not seem proportionate to the flak this is getting. other than that it is a vital bit of character lay-out as far as disassociating him with humanity goes. he no longer gets it or cares.

and I agree with the observation. it is weird to have that displayed. yet if you take the entire movie, count up the seconds without it and get a percentage of the seconds where it actually is on display (I am sure somebody has done this) it kind of does not seem proportionate to the flak this is getting. other than that it is a vital bit as far as disassociating him with humanity goes. he no longer gets it or cares.

Well, thats the point. Having shown him in a suit and also with his black thong thingy, they didnt really link his nudity with his disassociation with mankind like they did in the comic. And since they didnt, it didnt really make any sense on screen. Should have just left his black thong on, or made him a Ken doll.

Well, thats the point. Having shown him in a suit and also with his black thong thingy, they didnt really link his nudity with his disassociation with mankind like they did in the comic. And since they didnt, it didnt really make any sense on screen. Should have just left his black thong on, or made him a Ken doll.

I believe the reaction from the viewers is what was the point. "dude put on some pants!" and all that. it wasn't linked to his character within the movie as far as his nudity goes, nobody even looked at it or so much as chuckled, but rather used as something the audience might feel as not being quite... "right". not something to "get" from the reel shown as in a simile or a clever music bit but rather as something that made the character just appear to be outside the bounds of our social contract. granted it did not occur to me on the first viewing but now I think the idea is rather brilliant.

Dark Knight is a good movie, but grossly overrated.

Haven't watched the Watchmen movie, but read the comics and it's also overrated.

Most people these days jump on the hype bandwagon.

While both are very good, Watchmen wins.

What high definition theater are people watching this movie in? I don't think I would have noticed his nudity if I didn't know ahead of time, and even then it was hard to notice.

Top Bottom