Okay, so you can do things that you would otherwise deem inherently morally unacceptable, so long as the target is someone you don't like? Either way, "his own medicine" would still seem to be mislabelling it.
It is not merely my dislike of Trump at issue but the fact that he habitually and unapologetically acts with disdain for Truth and for others. This is the same man who promoted the "birther" movement. So when these sorts of rediculous accusations come up against him I feel it's poetic justice that he has to deal with it.

Actually, their sex lives are not important, but the fact that Monica was an intern and it was in the white house made it disturbing. But if had been a prostitute in the local hotel, no issue at all.

Depends on the location of the Hotel. It's not illegal for the president to have sex with a prostitute in Amsterdam, right?

I will say, though, that it does seem very suspicious that Trump sucks up to Putin so much. I kind of suspect that Putin has some dirt on him, although since every other scandal he faced evaporated within about two weeks, I don't know why this wouldn't evaporate too, leaving a yellow crust and maybe some ammonia smell. He'd pretty much have to have a dungeon full of little naked boys before there would be any lasting consequences.

Beware that old trick of repeating lies so often that people will start believing them... This "report" is plainly a string of lies, and even more amateurish that the ones Chalabi put together to make up the iraqui WMD.

Some of Greenwald's comments on this today are worth quoting here:
Almost immediately after it was published, the farcical nature of the “dossier” manifested. Not only was its author anonymous, but he was paid by Democrats (and, before that, by Trump’s GOP adversaries) to dig up dirt on Trump. Worse, he himself cited no evidence of any kind, but instead relied on a string of other anonymous people in Russia he claims told him these things. Worse still, the document was filled with amateur errors.

While many of the claims are inherently unverified, some can be confirmed. One such claim — that Trump lawyer Michael Cohen secretly traveled to Prague in August to meet with Russian officials — was strongly denied by Cohen, who insisted he had never been to Prague in his life (Prague is the same place that foreign intelligence officials claimed, in 2001, was the site of a nonexistent meeting between Iraqi officials and 9/11 hijackers, which contributed to 70% of Americans believing, as late as the fall of 2003, that Saddam personally planned the 9/11 attack). This morning, the Wall Street Journal reported that “the FBI has found no evidence that [Cohen] traveled to the Czech Republic.”

There is a real danger here that this maneuver can harshly backfire, to the great benefit of Trump and to the great detriment of those who want to oppose him. If any of the significant claims in this “dossier” turn out to be provably false — such as Cohen’s trip to Prague — many people will conclude, with Trump’s encouragement, that large media outlets (CNN and BuzzFeed) and anti-Trump factions inside the government (CIA) are deploying “Fake News” to destroy him. In the eyes of many people, that will forever discredit — render impotent — future journalistic exposés that are based on actual, corroborated wrongdoing.

Beyond that, the threat posed by submitting ourselves to the CIA and empowering it to reign supreme outside of the democratic process is — as Eisenhower warned — an even more severe danger. The threat of being ruled by unaccountable and unelected entities is self-evident and grave. That’s especially true when the entity behind which so many are rallying is one with a long and deliberate history of lying, propaganda, war crimes, torture, and the worst atrocities imaginable.

Is is indeed rather obvious by now that a portion of the Deep state" is campaigning against Trump. Worse, they're getting so deep into it that my guess is that the end game, when they fail (and they will fail, people are already too skeptical of their planted "intelligence") will be them deciding to assassinating Trump. It worked with the Kennedys...

On second though this may actually be a good think for you guys: either you get rid of Trump, or he gets you rid of the CIA. Things won't get worse that they are already, and may even get better?

Last edited:
The intrigue deepens!

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/the-russia-story-reaches-a-crisis-point-w460806

Comey's demurrals notwithstanding, it's now known that the Justice Department before the election repeatedly sought secret FISA warrants to investigate two Russian banks and a series of Trump associates.

We now know they got the warrant to investigate the Russian banks in October. As a result, there's suddenly quite justifiable outrage that Comey decided to reveal details of his Clinton email investigation and not news of this other inquiry right before the election.

But the more immediate problem is, why is Comey still holding back now? What is he waiting for?

Meanwhile, Ynet in Israel is reporting that Israeli intelligence officials are deciding not to share intelligence with the incoming Trump administration. The report indicates they came to this conclusion after a recent meeting with American intelligence officials, who told them the Russians have "leverages of pressure" to use against Trump.

This is an extraordinary story. If our intelligence community really believes this, then playtime is over.

No more Clapper-style hedging or waffling. If Israel gets to hear why they think Trump is compromised, how is the American public not also so entitled?

But if all they have are unverifiable rumors, they can't do this, not even to Donald Trump.

The upshot of this is that Trump can't possibly set up a totalitarian state if the intelligence community is willing to sabotage him.

The upshot of this is that Trump can't possibly set up a totalitarian state if the intelligence community is willing to sabotage him.
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be relieved that the intelligence community has found a way to put the brakes on Trump, or worried that they might do it to future presidents for more nefarious purposes.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be relieved that the intelligence community has found a way to put the brakes on Trump, or worried that they might do it to future presidents for more nefarious purposes.

Hasn't your IC been doing that since Hoover built his life-long little empire based on blackmail?Its rich that Hoover's successors are frothing about others allegedly possibly blackmailing the new president. I suspect their real worry is that they can't blackmail this one because nothing sticks.

It would be a mistake to assume they haven't done it to previous presidents, I think. Fortunately in this case, the lines are extraordinarily easy to draw - Trump goes on for months denigrating not just the work that the intelligence community does, but at times impugning their integrity, even after winning the election, and sometimes in very harsh terms.

If the terms are, "Don't mess with us and we won't mess with you," I don't know how comforting the thought is, but considering that these are human beings we're talking about, it seems like a pretty reasonable standard. I don't feel any less comfortable with this than the general level of unease I feel knowing the extraordinary latitude that human beings in the IC have to mess with pretty much anyone they want.

It would be a mistake to assume they haven't done it to previous presidents, I think. Fortunately in this case, the lines are extraordinarily easy to draw - Trump goes on for months denigrating not just the work that the intelligence community does, but at times impugning their integrity, even after winning the election, and sometimes in very harsh terms.

If the terms are, "Don't mess with us and we won't mess with you," I don't know how comforting the thought is, but considering that these are human beings we're talking about, it seems like a pretty reasonable standard. I don't feel any less comfortable with this than the general level of unease I feel knowing the extraordinary latitude that human beings in the IC have to mess with pretty much anyone they want.
I suppose my question is, has it ever been this open or bold in doing this?

Not sure if too much vodka or if locker room talk again ?
Because the more this whole Russian sex tape is sounding more and more plausible

In 2001, a gossip columnist discussed Donald Trump’s Russian sexcapades on ‘Howard Stern’

Benza and Trump went back and forth over who stole whose girlfriend, then this curious exchange went down:

Trump: I assume A.J.’s clean. I hope he’s clean.

Benza: Meanwhile, he bangs Russian people…

Stern: Russian people?

Trump: Who are you talking about, Russian people, A.J.? I don’t know anything.

Benza: He used to call me when I was a columnist and say, “I was just in Russia, the girls have no morals, you gotta get out there.” [Trump’s] out of his mind.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/314891/trump-russia-girls-howard-stern-2001-aj-benza/

This "report" is plainly a string of lies,

I don't know about "plainly."

It's more believable than Trump's assertions . . :
that Obama was not born in Hawaii,
that Trump's investigators in Hawaii were finding amazing things about Obama's birth certificate,
that the US would build a wall and make Mexico pay for it,
that Ryan's proposed massive tax cuts would fire up the U.S. economy, bring back manufacturing jobs, and pay for itself
that TrumpDoesn'tCare will be cheaper and more comprehensive than Obamacare
that Trump will drain the swamp,
that Trump will bring back coal jobs
that Americans don't need to see his tax returns,
that Trump University was a university and that the Trump Foundation only spent money on charitable causes,
that Cruz's father was part of the conspiracy to assassinate President Kennedy,
that the President doesn't have to worry about conflicts of interest
that his now wife did not do work in the US before she had a work visa
that he's a great business man and that he's great with debt.
that CNN deals in fake news

Both.

I suppose my question is, has it ever been this open or bold in doing this?

Probably not to a president, but it's taken as pretty much a given that if you cross the IC, they will pretty much leak stuff on you until your career is destroyed. That's one of the many reasons Trump's posture on the matter is so bizarre, to escalate the rhetoric after the campaign has ended. He seemingly has everything to lose and nothing to gain by accusing the IC (falsely, mind you) of acting like Nazis. It really makes me wonder whether he's compromised, or if he's losing it, or what.

Top Bottom