TIL the proper way to combat Trump's harmful policies is to mock his sexual preferences. To not mock someone is to be weak, a pushover. My world is being rocked to its very core here.
1. The target isn't Trump's policy but his attitude.
2. Describing it as a simple mockery of his sexual preferences is bogus. It's a mockery of his insulting behavior. Except we're not the ones gettibg pissed on this time.

Sure, maybe they're trying to change, but they haven't convinced me yet. All the nonsense they used to pull in the past is why I completely ignore them now. They'll have to win more than just a couple stupid awards to make me stop laughing whenever somebody refers to them as a "genuine news site" and uses their name in the same sentence as the word "journalism"

Problem is they've hired a bunch of legit journalists. At this point, all mainstream news is pretty much equally crap.

Stick to Ars Technica or Mosaic Science or whatever if you want better.

Problem is they've hired a bunch of legit journalists. At this point, all mainstream news is pretty much equally crap.

Stick to Ars Technica or Mosaic Science or whatever if you want better.

I mean, the BBC isn't so bad. And hiring "legit journalists" doesn't really change anything if the organization as a whole has been nothing but a joke for the vast majority of its existence. They have money and can hire whoever they want - so what?

So organizational missions can and do change, and you shouldn't dismiss anyone as not doing "real journalism" without actually looking at what they're doing, simply because of prejudice against them.

This Christopher Steele guy has a good gig. Be an ex-intel guy and get paid to tell a story whether it is true or not. Intel or counter intel...getting paid.

By 2020 we're going to be wishing that we could go back to the halcyon days where poorly-substantiated claims of Trump having a urine fetish were the dumbest things we heard on the news. Stupid scandals like this will play over and over and over again for the next four years. Trump is even Berlusconier than Berlusconi.

I will say, though, that it does seem very suspicious that Trump sucks up to Putin so much. I kind of suspect that Putin has some dirt on him, although since every other scandal he faced evaporated within about two weeks, I don't know why this wouldn't evaporate too, leaving a yellow crust and maybe some ammonia smell. He'd pretty much have to have a dungeon full of little naked boys before there would be any lasting consequences.

With Trump still withholding his tax returns, and his questionable treatment of women, how likely is it that compromising material is out there somewhere? Something like 100% I guess.

And if any further proof for that was required: Trumps plan to ally with Russia against the Chinese is dead before it started. Putin won't, Putin can't. He needs the West as an enemy, because otherwise the Russians will sooner or later demand more democracy. He'll rather pick Chinas side.

Assuming this is fake could the Russians be behind it.

Having a president who does not trust his intelligence services is bad for the USA.
Trump will replace the chiefs of and there will be a witch hunt which will disrupt their running for a year or two.

Trump is falling out in what appears to be a personal way with major news agencies.
I can see this resulting in them seeing Trump as an enemy and giving him no quarter.

Unless they can produce the video how could the dope(s) prove it happened and so what if it did? It would only damage him if it came out before the election. All Trump has to say now is "fake news" and "germaphobe".

Good for Steele. He got paid by Republicans and Democrats.

Unless they can produce the video how could the dope(s) prove it happened and so what if it did? It would only damage him if it came out before the election. All Trump has to say now is "fake news" and "germaphobe".

Good for Steele. He got paid by Republicans and Democrats.
I hope he got well paid, he is now in hiding. I would not like those 2nd amendment people to have it in for me.

this is more a hair for an eye. Trump is far worse. And the point isn't really to disparage those who enjoy watersports it's because we think Trump is embarrassed by it.

Okay, so you can do things that you would otherwise deem inherently morally unacceptable, so long as the target is someone you don't like? Either way, "his own medicine" would still seem to be mislabelling it.

Surely the point is that noone is surprised that (if we had actually learnt that) Trump got some russian prostitutes to have a wee, it is that the russians had something and did not release it and still have it.

Top Bottom