1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Watersportsgate

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GoodEnoughForMe, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

1. The target isn't Trump's policy but his attitude.
    2. Describing it as a simple mockery of his sexual preferences is bogus. It's a mockery of his insulting behavior. Except we're not the ones gettibg pissed on this time.

2. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

This was probably leaked by a Russian prostitute.

3. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Problem is they've hired a bunch of legit journalists. At this point, all mainstream news is pretty much equally crap.

Stick to Ars Technica or Mosaic Science or whatever if you want better.

4. JollyRoger

It's possible that the claims have been pretty watered down from the actual truth. The real facts will come out in a Friday evening news dump.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    shadowplay and Whomp like this.
  5. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I mean, the BBC isn't so bad. And hiring "legit journalists" doesn't really change anything if the organization as a whole has been nothing but a joke for the vast majority of its existence. They have money and can hire whoever they want - so what?

6. metalhead

metalhead Angry Bartender

So organizational missions can and do change, and you shouldn't dismiss anyone as not doing "real journalism" without actually looking at what they're doing, simply because of prejudice against them.

7. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

If the WWE suddenly started claiming that their matches aren't fixed, I wouldn't believe them at face value, no. Give it a couple years and we'll see.

8. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

This Christopher Steele guy has a good gig. Be an ex-intel guy and get paid to tell a story whether it is true or not. Intel or counter intel...getting paid.

9. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

Who would be dopey enough to pay an intelligence expert to give them a story that isn't true?

10. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

By 2020 we're going to be wishing that we could go back to the halcyon days where poorly-substantiated claims of Trump having a urine fetish were the dumbest things we heard on the news. Stupid scandals like this will play over and over and over again for the next four years. Trump is even Berlusconier than Berlusconi.

I will say, though, that it does seem very suspicious that Trump sucks up to Putin so much. I kind of suspect that Putin has some dirt on him, although since every other scandal he faced evaporated within about two weeks, I don't know why this wouldn't evaporate too, leaving a yellow crust and maybe some ammonia smell. He'd pretty much have to have a dungeon full of little naked boys before there would be any lasting consequences.

Lexicus likes this.
  11. PhroX

PhroX Emperor

Watersports? Really America, is that the best you can do when it comes to weird sex scandals? I mean, c'mon, our ex-PM had sex with a dead pig.

Omega124 and yung.carl.jung like this.
  12. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

Amazing that 90% of mainstream media, including the BBC, are spreading fake news and lies, but some anon on ***** is a completely trustworthy and reliable source of fact. Incredible that some people actually think this way.

Here is the BBC's overview, btw. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38589427

13. Gigaz

Gigaz civoholic

With Trump still withholding his tax returns, and his questionable treatment of women, how likely is it that compromising material is out there somewhere? Something like 100% I guess.

And if any further proof for that was required: Trumps plan to ally with Russia against the Chinese is dead before it started. Putin won't, Putin can't. He needs the West as an enemy, because otherwise the Russians will sooner or later demand more democracy. He'll rather pick Chinas side.

14. Silurian

Silurian Deity

Assuming this is fake could the Russians be behind it.

Having a president who does not trust his intelligence services is bad for the USA.
    Trump will replace the chiefs of and there will be a witch hunt which will disrupt their running for a year or two.

Trump is falling out in what appears to be a personal way with major news agencies.
    I can see this resulting in them seeing Trump as an enemy and giving him no quarter.

15. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

Unless they can produce the video how could the dope(s) prove it happened and so what if it did? It would only damage him if it came out before the election. All Trump has to say now is "fake news" and "germaphobe".

Good for Steele. He got paid by Republicans and Democrats.

16. Samson

Samson Deity

I hope he got well paid, he is now in hiding. I would not like those 2nd amendment people to have it in for me.

17. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

18. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Moaner Lisa

Okay, so you can do things that you would otherwise deem inherently morally unacceptable, so long as the target is someone you don't like? Either way, "his own medicine" would still seem to be mislabelling it.

19. JollyRoger

Trump's daughter denies being present, so it is doubtful that Trump was doing it for sexual gratification.

Kozmos likes this.
  20. Samson

Samson Deity

Surely the point is that noone is surprised that (if we had actually learnt that) Trump got some russian prostitutes to have a wee, it is that the russians had something and did not release it and still have it.