1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[We the People] Bug reporting

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Sep 24, 2018.

1. devolution

devolution Chieftain

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  2. R_TEAM

R_TEAM Chieftain

~ it is nice to have this bug fixed ...
    But the other bug that prevent loading of save games (and make MP games pointless ATM..) hurt much more :D
    if you need the save game or other informations , i would be fast in deliver :)

Regards

3. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

Guys, I'm sorry but where science, civics and trade perks that was in Religion and Revolution? What happened with them in new mod? I think this is big regress, we need to put them back.

4. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

Those are still in Medieval Conquest.I have started implementing CivEffects, which in addition to a lot of other features can be used to add those. Also while it might not be clearly visible to the player, civics are present in the game, but you can't actually change them until you declare independence.

Alpaya likes this.
  5. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

Oh, so they are not in RaR, sorry. Anyway it will be good to see them in new mod.

6. Gabalin

Gabalin Chieftain

Hello,
    I apologize if this has been asked before but i couldn't find any answer to my issue.
    I've recently bought a new computer and installed civ4:col from Steam.
    It's not a specific we-the-people bug because initially I installed RAR 2.7 and I detected the problem. Looking for a solution I found We-the-people and downloaded it hoping it would run well, but didn't.
    The problem you can see in the uploaded image is the following: All the little icons inside text don't appear properly. The game runs without crashing and at first I thought I could play without seeing the icons, but at first event I realized I couldn't see what was I choosing. I checked loading the game without mods and the icons show up perfectly.
    So please, if you can help me, i will be so thankfull. Actually, I'm already really thankfull to all the awesome community/ies who developed TAC, RAR and now WTP.

Attached Files:

7. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

@Gabalin: This isn't a known problem, but I know it's related to GameFont and how the game views fonts. The good news is that it's purely cosmetic. Sure it's annoying, but it's not game breaking as it's only affecting what is drawn on the screen. The code itself thinks it's writing the correct icons and it will behave like it has drawn what it's supposed to draw.

WTP 2.7.1 contains a GameFont fix, but I don't think this problem is related. Besides being a fix the problem should be gone when using 2.7.1.

I just tested the Master Drier pedia page to make sure that it is in fact working for me. Since it is working, the real question is what makes your computer different from mine in any way, which can affect this.
    I have a few questions, which could affect this:
    • Which version of windows are you using?
    • Which language (locale) is windows using?
    • Have you placed the mod in My Documents or the game dir?
    • Do you have non-English characters in your windows user name? (like é or ö)
    Also you should try to look at the GameFont debug display. I added it for modders, but it's disabled in the release version (I thought non-modders wouldn't need it). To access it, you need to edit the following:
    Assets\Python\Screens\CvDomesticAdvisor.py line 124:
    PHP:
    if (gc.isDebugBuild()):
    Change it to
    PHP:
    if (1):
    Save and start the game. Open the domestic advisor (F1). It will now have an extra button to the right called "DEBUG: GameFont". Click it.
    Here you will get a list of GameFont IDs, each with small and big icon as well as button and what is using it, if anything.
    The screenshot has a messed up move icon, which is supposed to be 8739.
    Try to look around and see if any of the small/big icons matches buttons and Types.

8. Gabalin

Gabalin Chieftain

Hey! Thank you for the interest.
    Let's start:
    Windows 10 Home 1803
    Locale language: catalan. Changed to UK English, but problem persists.
    Mod placed in My documents. I don't see a mod folder in steam/steamapps/common/Civilization IV Colonization/
    YES! I have one non-english char in my user name. I changed it, but problem persists. UNLESS, my old user name is still stored somewhere in the colonization folder and its causing everything. Please, tell me its somewhere...

I modified the \CvDomesticAdvisor.py file to see the new button, but it seems it doesn't want to show himself.
    In the attached files you can see:
    The problem also affects showing colony names in the map.
    How does my domestic advisor screen looks. No button. Note that i have 1 colony and it doesn't appear. So, it shows nothing.
    The py file after changing it. Just to check if I did anything wrong.

I checked every problem without loading the mod and everything runs fine.

Attached Files:

9. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

I assume Catalan uses the Western European charset, just like English, French and Spanish. This is good news that we don't have to deal with a computer being confused about say Russian or some Asian language.

Try to move the MODS folder to place it next to the exe file.

Something went wrong when you edited the Domestic advisor file and the file crashes when opening the window. Restore the one you downloaded. Also edit CivilizationIV.ini in My Documents/coloniation (the full path likely looks different).
    Code:
    HidePythonExceptions = 1
    This needs to be set to 0 to tell what goes wrong whenever something in python goes wrong.

10. R_TEAM

R_TEAM Chieftain

Hi,

update for the Multiplayer bug ...
    Loading works now - nice :) - THANKS
    But workers on the client side still random confused positioned ...
    This is bad , as on the beginning it is a small problem to control the 1 , 2 or 3 citys and reset the workers on the right place ..
    But with more and more citys it get out of control ...

Regardsd

11. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

Can I get a savegame where this is happening? I haven't encountered it personally and nothing you told me gives an indication of what could cause issues in the code.

12. Gabalin

Gabalin Chieftain

Hey!
    SOLVED
    Thanks Nightinggale!
    I changed the MODS folder to the game folder and everything runs fine!
    If for any reasons you need me to do further tests, just tell me.
    Thanks again!

13. R_TEAM

R_TEAM Chieftain

Hi,

..sure :)
    here - the player :
    "I" , the Host (denmark), with pass "r"
    the other player, client (england), with pass "1234"
    The only change i have made to the mod :
    <DefineName>EUROPE_MARKET_CORRELATION_PERCENT</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>25</iDefineIntVal>

Hope it helps ...

Attached Files:

• R+S.7z
      File size:
      942.2 KB
      Views:
  14. Diegozubi

Diegozubi Chieftain

Hello, I have just installed the mod. I used to play a lot to RaR.
    I started a play in a random map (the second bigger, not gigantic) and I am seeing that all the natives are producing very small amount of products. Every village has 3-14 of each product, except by food (150), even after dozens of rounds.
    Why could that be happening? it can be modified in an xml?

I am attaching the save game. It is a 1 plot city game, in version 2.7.1

Thanks,

Attached Files:

15. Diegozubi

Diegozubi Chieftain

I noticed that it happens after loading a saved game. I mean, I can see normal amount of resources offered by naties at the beginning o a game. The next day I load it, it starts to fail

16. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

Fixed (I hope). There is some code for choosing profession for a building when multiple professions can use said building. The problem is that outdoor professions triggered this and weird stuff happened when looking at the details for NO_BUILDING. I have no good reason why it only affected player 1 and not player 0.

It looks like this will have to be in a hotfix because playing with this problem is way too annoying for it to wait for 2.7.2. However a hotfix might have to wait a few days because apparently there is another bug to look into first.

If I could tell why it's happening, then I would have made sure it wouldn't happen anymore and odds are that it's not possible to control it from xml. I will look into this in the very near future.

17. R_TEAM

R_TEAM Chieftain

If i remember correctly, in an 3 player game with the pre WtP version , its affects the same (the second) player only ..... i (the Host) and the third player have no problems ... weird ..

Regards , and Thanks :)

18. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

I found the cause of this bug. Long story short: the natives can use a custom house despite not having one in their settlements, which in turn allows them to sell their entire production each turn. Luckily the corrupted data is not actually in the savegame, meaning a bugfix will fix existing games.

19. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Chieftain

Spoiler :

Jean de Brebeuf this father founder reconciles Europeans with the indigenous population, but this is not specified as this:
    Spoiler :

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018 at 4:20 PM
  20. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

Apparently it never fails. 8 minutes after release and there is a new bug report :cry:

I can't help wondering if the issue is that you haven't used the scrollbar to scroll down. Apart from that I find it interesting to see a translation like that because I don't have access to it :eek: