1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[We the People] Bug reporting

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

This is Russian translation, probably Vanilla Colonization is Russian by default. I have the same.

2. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Warlord

No

Is that in vanilla colonization?

Achivements:
    Spoiler :

Events:
    Spoiler :

King:
    Spoiler :

3. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Warlord

Colopedia:
    Spoiler :
    [/ SPOILER]

Our newspaper:
    Spoiler :

How we play online:

4. Diegozubi

Diegozubi Chieftain

That is great!! thanks a lot for fixing it. I am downloading the patch as soon as possible to try it.
    I was fixing the spanish translation some time ago. I can try to make some time to work on it again

5. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Warlord

Duplicate and incorrect 3D models
    Spoiler :

Nightinggale likes this.
  6. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity Supporter

The real question is if those 3D models are actually used. If not, then we should get rid of all of them. They take up memory and slow down the game startup. If they are used somewhere (other than hacking the game with WB), then we should fix the inconsistencies.

7. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Warlord

Repeated event (somewhere in turn three four again, then again for a total of five times per game)
    Spoiler :

8. Marla_Singer

Marla_Singer United in diversity

Those are the 3D-models of the yield units which are loaded in wagon trains and cargo ships. Those units do appear in the game, however they can't be unloaded into the wild : they are either unloaded in cities, Europe/Africa/Port Royale or transferred to another cargo (piracy looting for instance).

3D-models used are all vanilla, they shouldn't have any reason to appear elsewhere than in WorldBuilder. Knowing this, in adding new yields to the game, modders probably didn't consider it was worth it to design new 3d models, so they've used already existing models just so that the game finds the reference and don't crash.

I'm pretty convinced removing those wouldn't do good.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  9. Nightinggale

That one is using the button art though and quite possibly the button art from CvYieldInfo rather than CvUnitInfo. Ideally speaking we should be able to get rid of the units entirely, making yields take up less memory and CPU cycles, not to mention easier to mod xml.

10. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Warlord

Animals respawn under water and can not walk

11. devolution

devolution Warlord

12. Marla_Singer

Marla_Singer United in diversity

Oh so you mean you would like to get rid of the yield units as a whole? That sounds like a lot of work : inventing new mechanics for the game to know what is loaded in cargo units, rethinking the way cargo capacity is determined, changing the loading/unloading processes in cities and Europe screens, modifying trade route system so that new mechanics would be taken into account... Why not, but then it would be interesting to think about new features which could be added in the process, otherwise that just sounds like a lot of work for not so much.

One of the aspect I enjoy in the way Civ4Col manages economics is the sense of "physicality" given to goods. What I mean by that is that you do feel them existing: being produced, transported and consumed. That feels a lot more real than the Civ4 approach (either you're supplied or you're not and that's it).

It's not necessarily related to this, but as we talk about yields, a cool mechanics would be the ability to set up a trade deal with the AI which would happen at each turn (something a bit like that exists in Civ4). Like every turn I exchange 10 units of tobacco for 10 units of cotton, and the exchange would intervene in the stocks of the capital cities. I thought that would be cool and enrich commercial relations with other players. This could be easily imaginable with European colonies if only the AI would be able to produce yields with consistency. As for the natives, the difficulty is that there's no proper capital to speak of and they are unable to exchange yields from a village to another.

13. Nightinggale

We already talked about new features, such as Allow mixed yields in cargo slots and Adding cargo slots to professions. It's however long term planning and the debate is still on for anybody who wants to contribute ideas or opinions.

Go ahead and write a ticket on this idea. It will be lost in the forum history by the time we get around to be able to code something like that and tickets works kind of like one thread for each idea (if used as intended). There are also other useful features with tickets, like tags and assigning modders to tasks.

Nothing is stopping us from adding a native transport. The AI would likely need updating, but we do have access to all the code we need to mod in order to make something like that work.

Marla_Singer likes this.
  14. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Warlord

The Governor travels without a retinue (along with a hereditary nobleman whom I have already captured)

15. devolution

devolution Warlord

Could you upload the save ?
    I can't tell without it, but I guess the units are evacuating that city and they have chosen a "bad" / unsafe path.
    I think I've also spotted another issue, the dragoon seems to be getting the "+15 Inside Cultural Borders" bonus even though the combat would happen inside Spanish territory\culture. The bonus should only apply when fighting inside your own culture I think.

16. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Warlord

I'll try to find save, but that's how I play for Spain and he took over my city.
    Non-combat units often think that they are fighting for example:

17. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Warlord Supporter

I tried to register at github but encountered a problem: The registration screen requires a captcha to be solved - which on my browser never is shown.
    My guess is that the cause is this message shown:
    "Please note that GitHub no longer supports old versions of Firefox.
    We recommend upgrading to the latest Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox."
    I am using the ESR release of Firefox as I am still using a 32bit version of Window which seems to mean that I am able to read and download but not register and post on Github.

18. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Warlord

The computer can contain in the city is not limited to the number of residents

The city can accommodate a maximum of 100 residents

19. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Warlord Supporter

The text description of the Master Drier is repetitive
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler :

upload_2018-12-26_20-26-20.png

"The beans are then fermented to remove the slimy..." repeats as "Then they are sorted by ripeness and color-->colour and most often the flesh of the berry is removed, usually by machine and the seeds - usually called beans - are fermented to remove the slimy..."
    "When the fermentation is finished the beans are washed and dried" is repeated in more detail as "When the fermentation is finished, the beans are washed with large quantities of fresh water to... seeds are dried."

20. Nightinggale

We know we need somebody to write proper text, but apparently we also need somebody to even proofread the text itself.

Do we have anybody interested in reviewing and updating the text?