[We the People] Bug reporting

That certainly could be it. Just never experienced that (or noticed it) before.
In all cases when people reported something like that it was the Domestic Demand.
(Mouse Over the Yield Button will tell you how high the Domestic Demand is.)

In all cases when people reported something like that it was the Domestic Demand.
(Mouse Over the Yield Button will tell you how high the Domestic Demand is.)
Maybe the time has come to make the demands of the domestic market more visible?

Showing the total demand of the settlement directly on the yield icons saves quite some clicking and scrolling to get to the yield in question in its dedicated pop-up screen. Seeing all demands at first glance is IMHO an improvement.

The tooltip about tools mentions a lack of ore twice?
Spoiler :

upload_2021-7-10_8-49-39.png

The blacksmith´s lack ore to produce tools so they do not produce 20 but only 15 (-5). But what does the line "-5 Tools from lack of ore and ore" mean?

Attachments

• upload_2021-7-10_8-48-51.png
    upload_2021-7-10_8-48-51.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 20
When I have a unit (e.g. Seasoned Scout) selected and hover the mouse over a terrain the tooltip sometimes states "Movement = 2" (e.g. for squares with forest or light forest) but sometimes states nothing (e.g. mountains, hills)
e.g. light forest = movement 2
Spoiler :

upload_2021-7-10_9-36-2.png

but for the mountain peak no movement cost - which would indicate that it would have a movement cost of 1 just like unforested savannah...
Spoiler :

upload_2021-7-10_9-37-38.png

I assumed that the reason might be that mountains do not display movement cost, as most units may not move on mountains at all. However hills do not show a movement cost either.

Hills and Mountains not showing Movement Costs is a Vanilla issue.
It is easy to fix though. :thumbsup:

Edit:
It is fixed now. :)

Below are screenshots of different combinations of Terrain / Feature / Hill / Mountain.
(Sorry for things looking different, but this is my "private mod")

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 260
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 238
  • Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
3.01 The event about the Great Admiral who drinks to much and thriftspends money for banquets and women - the food in option 1 is substracted in a city in which the Admiral is not located. Does the event simply use a random city to substract the lost food?

Does the event simply use a random city to substract the lost food?
Most likely yes. (Becaus it is an event "on the map".)

The Event System is limited in configuration options and we reuse a lot of functionality for a wide variety of Events.
(It will not be 100% perfect for immersion every time.)

Most likely yes. (Becaus it is an event "on the map".)

The Event System is limited in configuration options and we reuse a lot of functionality for a wide variety of Events.
(It will not be 100% perfect for immersion every time.)

Is there no command to substract the food in "nearest city" to the Admiral instead of "random city"?

Is there no command to substract the food in "nearest city" to the Admiral instead of "random city"?
It is not as simply as you imagine.
It is of course possible to do it but it needs to be specifically programmed (by a new Python function just for that event).

There are "Map Events" (Checking Conditons of Plots), there are "City Events" (that can not check conditions inside the City) and there are "Player Events".
Depending on the Type of Event (and its Trigger) you can do certain things or not without additional programming.

In all other cases you will need to do additional programming specifically for that single event.
And then somebody needs to be motivated enough to invest the time to do so.

----

Summary:

It is not a question of "Is it possible?".
It is a question of "Who is investing his time for it ?".

In this case I am personally not interested to invest my time for it.
I have more important things to do. (Or at least things I am currenlty more motivated to do.)

3.01 GUI question
I have the score display open most of the time to see who the next victimbeneficient of my trading goods sales will be. However due to the large number of native and european AI´s added compared to the vanilla game the score display extends into and over the displayed date (with month for the season as it is marathon speed). And it already extends over the date despite that I have not even made contact with all AI´s (e.g. the danish colonies are still missing in the list).

Would it be possible to either reduce the space between lines in the score display so that each name is a millimetre closer to the other reducing the overall size of the column?
Or could the european kings be deleted from the score list? They have no score, they have no shown treasury and if I want to contact them I can do so using the foreign advisor screen.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-7-11_18-22-43.png

I have the score display open most of the time ...
We have an issue for it open. It is known already. :thumbsup:
However nobody had enough time / skill / motivation / whatever ... to take care of it yet.

Since I am now taking a 2 month summer break I will also not do so until I start modding again in autumn.
Maybe somebody from community may be interested to give it a try himself ... :dunno:

In hotseat, visiting Ship Wrecks often yields nothing. It doesn't seem to provide Indentured Servants, as it does in single-player games.

strange .. is it in all games or only in one?
I have never played this mode. apparently, I will have to try it on tests ...

Reactions: nci
strange .. is it in all games or only in one?
In all games. For what it's worth, Indentured Servants were never provided in hotseat even before the goodies rework, I reported this bug back in the day.

In hotseat, visiting Ship Wrecks often yields nothing. It doesn't seem to provide Indentured Servants, as it does in single-player games.
Already fixed internally. :)
The fix is simply not published yet.

It depends on the "Type of Ship" and if it can transport Units or not.
(E.g. a Privateer may not.)

@Nightinggale knows about it because we both had analyzed and fixed it together.
So if WTP team is going to publish a new "fix / improvement release" it should be contained.

Last edited:
3.01 Error message while cycling through my cities with the left/right arrow keys
I don't suppose you have a savegame where this happens consistently? The error is reported in a line with multiple function calls and it doesn't say which function of what went wrong.

Also did you use world builder at some point?

Top Bottom