[We the People] Bug reporting

@Nightinggale @devolution

Since my fix for "Diplomacy Dialogues" being pre-calculated I have not heard of any more MP issues (OOS desyncs).
What about you guys? Did this actually really fix or at least improve the OOS desyncs or do we still have some?

Would be interesting to have some testers try and get feedback. :dunno:

I doubt that all OOS issues have been fixed:(

For example, I have a fix in my develop branch for the native bargaining issue that is yet to be rolled out to testers: https://github.com/ErikSandbraaten/Mod/commit/89111fc380b586237d5f9fba2c0abdf6e5b4cb5d

The negative yield issue is still occuring in autoplays (at least once every 500 automated turns or so). I've fixed at least one event (the horse rustlers or something like that) that was triggering it though.

Last edited:
For example, I have a fix in my develop branch for the native bargaining issue that is yet to be rolled out to testers: https://github.com/ErikSandbraaten/Mod/commit/89111fc380b586237d5f9fba2c0abdf6e5b4cb5d
Great. :thumbsup:

Need to check that.
Really never knew how I could fix that one.

The negative yield issue is still occuring in autoplays (at least once every 500 automated turns or so).
Hm, thought we had solved all of these already.:sad:

I've fixed at least one event (the horse rustlers or something like that) that was triggering i though.
I thought that one was fixed in develop already. :think:

I saw that there was a second blank option for the opening menu and was curious so I changed to that, now it seems that I can't load the mod even after uninstalling it and the game and reinstalling them. Has anyone else had that issue before? I'm kind of at a loss what else to try.

Just so that it is said I am playing on steam.

long time OLD user of tac and rar. brand new today to wtp. i use the world builder and have found that when using this mod you can not make any ships move in to water that wasn't always connected to the open ocean, it wont move. meaning if you turn land in to coast (or any other type of water) or add a ship to an inland waterway it will not move. i can move a ship around in old water right up to the new made water and it wont go further. i have to go back to rar for now as sculpting at start is a must have for me.

I use the world builder and have found that when using this mod you can not make any ships move in to water that wasn't always connected to the open ocean, it wont move.
We simply have more than 1 Water Type. ;)
e.g. "Lake" or "Large River" are Terrain Types of their own. :crazyeye:

Also some ships have limitations considering which Water Types they can move on.
E.g. on Lakes or Large Rivers only "Coastal Ships", "Big Coastal Ships", "Fishing Boats" and "Sloops" are allowed to move.

Use the correct Water Types by placing them in WB and everything should work. :thumbsup:
Otherwise it is all explained in Colopedia - you just have to read a bit.

This is most definitely not a bug - it is simply not knowing how WTP currently handles Water.
WTP is simply several years more development and more content than RaR.

---

But yes, Water Terrain Types not connected to Ocean will be turned into "Lake".
Which is the correct behaviour we wanted.

But you can change that later again. :)
Again, "Water is not just Water" in WTP anymore.

---

Take your time and relax. :thumbsup:
You will figure it out by reading Colopedia and trying a bit.

---

Summary:

No bug. :)

Just lack of knowledge of the new game mechanics in WTP.
Please read Colopedia or read the threads about "Lakes" and "Large Rivers". :thumbsup:

Ray, please tell me which branch of development can I find and test this fix on?
All my work is in "Plains" - which is not ready to be released though.

The fix I was talking about is this here.
I am not sure anymore if it has been merged to "develop" already. :dunno:

@Mr. ZorG @Nightinggale @devolution

If we want to test "MP desync issues" we should do the following.

1. Merge my "Diplo-Events are no longer precalcuted"-fix into develop
2. Merge @devolution's "Bargaining Diplo-Event"-fix into develop

Then we can cleanly test using branch develop if OOS issues have been reduced. :thumbsup:

This is my first CTD failure which I can't fix. Hopefully one of you can to this.

Attachments

• Sir Peder Smaland n. Chr.-1634-Oktober.ColonizationSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
Confirming, it appears that there is an attempted division by zero (aka the Chuck Norris bug) in
bool CvUnitAI::AI_unloadWhereNeeded(int iMaxPath)

Assert Failed
File: DLLSources\.\CvUnitAI.cpp
Line: 8168
Func: CvUnitAI::AI_unloadWhereNeeded
Expression: iNumAIUnits >= 0
----------------------------------------------------------

int iNumAIUnits = pArea->getNumAIUnits(getOwnerINLINE(), AI_getUnitAIType()) - ((pArea == area()) ? iCount : 0);
is -1

which causes at attempt to divide by 0
iValue /= 1 + iNumAIUnits;

This bug is probably a consequence of the changes that is causing this assertation:
Assert Failed
File: DLLSources\.\CvArea.cpp
Line: 383
Func: CvArea::changeNumAIUnits
Expression: getNumAIUnits(eIndex1, eIndex2) >= 0
----------------------------------------------------------
Since it allows the number of units in an area to become negative

I love these old software developer jokes. :)
:lol:

Back on topic though:

The introduction of the Large Rivers feature has led to some complications for the AI movement logic. We need to agree on how we are going to deal with this. A while back I did prepare some notes (I just need to find them!) that I can share....

Last edited:
Confirming, it appears that there is an attempted division by zero (aka the Chuck Norris bug) in
bool CvUnitAI::AI_unloadWhereNeeded(int iMaxPath)

/me singing and dancing
I found a Bug, I found a Bug. A mighty badabum Bug :nuke:

Hello.

Maybe you know it already.
In two different games (english and holland) i got the issue when i attak a wild animal(jaguar) on land, with first a dragoner from my starting unit and another time a found konqistator from a camp, in his cave i won the battle but my unit is gone. The animal also gone and i got the win message on the top on the monitor. When i load again the save it is all ok. So it is random. I try to create this situation in the worl builder but its working. So it is not possible to use the save game or to reproduce this issue.

Last edited:
In two different games i got the issue when i attak a wild animal(cougar) on land, ...
Screenshot please of the event message displayed on Screen.
I will not analyze anything if I do not get at least a Screenshot.

By the way:

There is also a Goody: GOODY_HOSTILE_STRONG
It will kill your Unit.

Since Defended Goody Huts can also trigger these, it is simply possible that the Unit gets killed.
(Message on Screen will say something like a "Ambush" of Natives.)

Defended Goody Huts can trigger almost all "normal Goodies".
Some are positive, some are negative.

One fo them is capable of killing your Unit.
(It is a Vanilla Goody that is still in the mod.)

Which Goody you trigger from a Goody Hut is more or less random.
(Although it follows some rules I have implemented for immersion.)

----

Summary:

I really do not believe it is a bug.
You most likely simply triggered the Goody that kills your Unit.

Last edited:
Ok, i understand.
After maby 10 tryouts i got it again in the same game and on the same location and same unit.

Attachments

• 20210729_121247.jpg
    20210729_121247.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 27
  • 20210729_121215.jpg
    20210729_121215.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 22
This is your answer:
(As I already suspected above.)

You simply triggered the Vanilla Goody that kills your Unit. :dunno:
(Maybe that Animal Cave was holy to them.)

It is rare, but it may simply happen.
So it seems as if everythign is working as designed.

Attachments

• 20210729_121215.jpg
    20210729_121215.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 140
Ok, thank you.
I was wondering about this message and thougt like a failed create mission it says cleary the unit is killed.

Top Bottom