[We the People] Bug reporting

Attachments

• CIV4GameText_Missing_Civ_Desc_utf8.xml
    11.2 KB · Views: 172
Is it a bug that the 'goody huts' don't give a text description for gaining a unit any more?
Yes, that was messed up as well by the new Translation and Text-System change ... :sad:
I will fix it. :thumbsup:

Edit:
It is fixed internally and I also attached the corrected text file.

Attachments

• XML_AUTO_UTF8_GoodyInfo.xml
    10.4 KB · Views: 132
If you get an Archbishop event that increase your crosses above the required amount the units on the lower pier become unresponsive. There is no tooltip saying how much it costs to hurry and clicking on units does nothing.

Also, the storm sound effect can get stuck playing (vanilla bug?) with the only fix being to restart the game. Reloading the current game doesn't help.

Last edited:
I get a fow-related bug if I reload a game, never when starting a new one.
Does anybody know what causes this issue?

20200503182952_1.jpg

Regards
XSamatan

Attachments

• 20200503182952_1.jpg
    20200503182952_1.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 20200503182952_1.jpg
    20200503182952_1.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 20200503182952_1.jpg
    20200503182952_1.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 176
Oh dear. It looks like you have a corrupted cache in your game. Each plot counts how many units can see it and if that number is 0, then add fog of war. Now you have some plots where the number is higher than 0, but we don't know why. The savegame itself is useless because if we examine it, it will say 1 when it should be 0, but it doesn't tell when it changed to be incorrect.

Recalculating isn't an option due to how the random event system can affect what can be seen on the map.

I have already mentioned that I don't like the current system. It works, but it's fragile and when it goes wrong, there is no way to tell what went wrong. I have mentioned an approach to make it more stable, but it haven't been high priority to fix something, which we thought didn't have any gameplay affecting issues.

Quite often, I have the stockpile in cities not adding up ... or alternatively, when I load up yields, the total (top right of screen) does not reduce itself ... Is it a known bug or specific to my game?
Food, Lumber and Stone do not count towards this limit.

That issue was reported a couple of times already - I even noticed it in my own games.
But we have no explanation for it. :dunno:

The only things we realized:
A) It only occurs on water tiles.
B) It does not really hurt the game play either.

I once suspected that it was related to changes for the new "Savegame Compatibility"
- which is not fully integrated yet though - but I am only guessing. :dunno:

I sold 100 Rums at Port Royale. Base price is 10 gold. And oddly enough, I got 240 gold of taxes in the log. Which coincidentally is 24%; and 24% is my current Europe rate.

That is a really old issue. :(
It is also not that easy to solve ...

Only the message in the trade log is wrong though. The actualy gold you get is correct.
If you calculate the money manually - you will see that you did not pay the Tax Rate, but the "Bribe Rate".

hi team)
Today we played in multiplayer (the official release of Steam) with a friend. the King offered to buy petty criminals and it was possible to accept this offer, although there was not enough money in my treasury.
and yes, trying to buy, I naturally could not do this)))

Attachments

• not_gold_but.jpg
    not_gold_but.jpg
    904.7 KB · Views: 188
This is not really a bug. You can accept the offer, but since you have no gold nothing will happen (no good or bad event). It is well known.

I'v found a small translation issue playing the german version. See screenshot ...

upload_2020-5-8_11-14-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-8_11-13-40.png
    upload_2020-5-8_11-13-40.png
    985.3 KB · Views: 124
Top Bottom