1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Webshops for Civilization V - List by country

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Mercade, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Hi Rammones. Welcome to CivFanatics. If you look at the website of GameHouse, they offer the Regular Edition for CZK 989 and the special for CZK 1119. I agree it seems very cheap, but that's the price they offer. How reputable that webshop is, I cannot judge, but they have been around since at least 2006 according to the website and they also have a physical shop in Praha. Maybe you can check with your friends or on other forums in Czech Rep how other people feel about this shop. Or maybe there's a consumer organization? You can also call them or visit if you're near Praha to get confirmation. It looks OK from where I'm sitting, but it's your money and your choice.

2. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Added link to Fry's for USD 39.96 (valid until 23 September).

3. Minmaster

Minmaster Chieftain

i think D2D still has the "PAX" coupon code for $5 off.

4. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Located by Teodosio, Game.co.uk is an authorized seller of the digital download.

They sell for GBP 29.99 (unlocks 24 September), which is approx EUR 35.99 or AUD 50.00

5. mikelward

mikelward Chieftain

6. Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath Chieftain

FYI, K-Mart's circular is advertising a $20 gaming coupon with purchase of Civ V.

7. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Do you have a link for that?

8. maurizio_if

maurizio_if Chieftain

Excuse me.. QUestion.
    I'm Italian. Shall I buy a dvd form other website worldwide?? and ship here in Italy.
    With Euros coin will be better buy in other countries.. like reppublic check...
    thanks

9. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

The circular page is zip code specific but here is mine: http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/de...1&pagenumber=8&promotioncode=Kmart-100919Base

(Yikes that is huge [the url] !)

Interesting that you get $20 back but it costs $59.99 for what appears to be the basic edition ($49.99 elsewhere ... can't be the DIGITAL deluxe, right?) ... so the net bonus is only $10. What a marketing gimmick! :rolleyes: :mad:

Target is giving a $10 gift card with purchase, per the 2K site http://www.civilization5.com/preorder/us/r8.html edit: hmm ... except that the link there doesn't get you to an offer, and the Target site search only brings up the $49.99 with no apparent bonus ???

dV

10. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

You can buy Civilization from a website outside Italy, but then you may have extra costs for the shipping and some websites don't ship outside their own country. From Italy you could e.g. buy at play.com or cdwow.com (they ship in Europe for free). Alternatively GamesPlanet has the digital version for GBP 29.99 and is available world-wide. I don't know about the Czech Republic. You'd have to check on those websites if they ship internationally.

11. maurizio_if

maurizio_if Chieftain

thank
    !cdwow.com it's free but must wait 15 working days.

12. Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath Chieftain

K-mart's price is actually $49.99 - apparently the MSRP changed from when they wrote it to when it came out. At least that's what I saw on a different forum.

As for Target - no mention in their ad. Stopped by last night, saw no signage. Even asked the executive in charge of hardlines, and he claimed he didn't know anything about it. Seems rather fishy to me. My guess is Target won't be doing it, and 2k never bothered to double-check with them. We'll see shortly, though!

13. Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath Chieftain

Site crashed so I wasn't able to update my post.

My wife has purchased 2 copies at K-Mart. She did both as individual transactions and we now have 2 $20 coupons. Price was the same as everywhere else - $49.99.

I called Target and they didn't know anything about the gift card. Others have posted on gamefaqs saying the same thing.

14. kenwyn

kenwyn Master

THANKS. Very helpful.

Just ordered a Special Edition to be picked up at my local Best Buy tomorrow(!).
    Used my Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard & a $55 cert I earned for using it!
    As a professional financial advisor (& 3/4 Scottish) I'd highly recommend anyone (or your parents) get one. I've tried many points cards over the years, & since we all buy at Best Buy, this card is THE best.

Let's all rock-n-roll on day one of the latest drug, er-r-r, Civ edition/addiction!!

15. Tankman

Tankman Chieftain

I actually have a deposit on the Collector's Edition that I was going to get refunded tomorrow, but I'll give it to you if you want. Just reply soon ok? :p

16. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

This could probably be UN-sticky now.

17. Rammones

Rammones Chieftain

Hey, I woudl suggest gameplay.co.uk, very good experiende - fast and shipping in Europe just for 3 pounds, so it is 25 gbp for game and 3 gbp for shipping.

18. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Why? The game can still be pre-ordered in many many countries around the world.
    Furthermore, even after the game has been released, a thread listing the web shops can be beneficial to people looking to find the best deal to buy the game. Prices vary greatly between vendors (outside US where everything is priced at $50)

19. Vordeo

Vordeo Chieftain

Hi all,

I live in the Philippines, bought by copy yesterday for Php1795, or around $40 (I think). Interestingly, when I bought the game I was given one of the Cradle of Civ map packs free (took Asia) and was told I could buy the other two whenever I wanted for just over a dollar each.

Was pleasantly surprised by that, not sure I'll buy the other two but it's nice to have the option.

20. Cybertran

Cybertran Chieftain