1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Webshops for Civilization V - List by country

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Mercade, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Nothing has been confirmed, so I wouldn't assume anything over a manual that covers installation instructions and the license agreement. Nobody said anything about a tech tree and since the game is in a DVD box, there isn't too much space for a thick manual.

2. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

The Amazon Special Edition (Amazon.com) and (Amazon.ca) now also include the Asia map pack bonus.

Puts the number of different offers (configurations) back to 11.

Thanks to Luft46 for noticing.

Edit: Added two new countries: South Africa and Israel.

And for our friends down under: Game-lane at AUD 59.95 incl AU wide shipping.

3. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

ebgames.co.nz - Special Edition - NZD 129.99 (Normal Edition - NZD 99.99)

4. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

5. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Yes - I believe so. That is how I ordered my special addition.

6. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

Yay, I can pre order the collectors edition from Play to the UK.

Hopefully they will have stock in the UK so I dont have to wait for international shipping. Delivery was free, cost was £57 though :x

Hopefully it will appear elsewhere for less by then and I can cancel and re order it.

7. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Hmm.. Where are you ordering from? It sounds like you paid the EUR 69.99 that translates to about GBP 57. At the top right there's a flag you can select to pay GBP 49.99 directly in pounds. No?

8. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

In Hungary, CDGalaxis has Civ5 normal edition on its site for 11 990 HUF (ca. 42 EUR for Hungarians)

9. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Ah, great :) I had been meaning to ask you for Hungarian sites. I looked, but they're just too incomprehensible to me.

10. Bluetooth

Bluetooth Chieftain

Several websites in the Nordic countries now offer Civilization 5 Nordic Edition including Cradle of Civilization: Asia, The Americas and The Mediterranean. That's the same we've seen from Webhallen.com. Here are a few links:

Dishshop.se http://www.discshop.se/shop/ds_produkt.php?lang=&id=80158&lang=se&subsite=games&&ref=

Megastore.se http://www.megastore.se/template/next%2CProduct.vm?itemid=2191042

Platekompaniet.no http://www.platekompaniet.no/Spill.aspx/SPILL/PC/Civilization_V_-_Nordic_Edition/?id=5026555057004

Homenter.com / Norway http://www.homeenter.com/cds/showpage.asp?lang=no&club=filmclub&form_name=product_readmore&title=civilization-5&article_id=254611&nodeid=988653

11. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

Oh, and I add that this price is for pre-order and is lower than the normal price will be (90% of that)

12. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Excellent find. It's updated. Megastore doesn't explicitly list the DLC, but since they say "nordic" I'll count it. Found a few others like Nettkjop and DNFilmhandel and add them to the list.

13. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Okay seriously, what the bloody hell is with some countries/websites/businesses getting THREE of the packs and others only getting one? This is bull. I was considering reordering, but I need my money and will simply buy the special edition later, the Asia pack doesn't sound THAT interesting that I need it ASAP!

14. AZSportsFan

AZSportsFan Chieftain

15. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

That's a nice find for Americans who like a cheap option (while it lasts)!

16. RebelCapitalist

RebelCapitalist Chieftain

Direct2Drive has a $10 off code "SchoolSucks" for games priced $49.95 or higher (details listed on their main page).

If you select the basic version of Civ V and use the code, the final price is $39.95. :)

Or choose the deluxe version and it's $49.95.

BTW, you also get Civ 3 Complete for free and the the first Double Civilization and Scenario Pack for free.

17. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

Wow, I see that in Poland the game is ca. 120 PLN.
    I can buy 1 PLN for ca. 75 HUF, so that makes ca. 9 000 HUF as price.

In Hungary, price is ca. 12 000 HUF. Yeah, one-third higher...

Standard of life is comparably the same in the two countries...
    maybe a bit better in Poland...

so...???

18. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

amazon.co.uk now also has the asia mappack as preorder, amazon.de has the mediterranean mappack.

Didn't notice this myself, Steff has told me it in the german forum.

19. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Added. Very interesting offer for people who like the download. Works only if you pay in USD, but presumably you can do that from various countries.
    HUF 11900 is about EUR 42.00 which is a decent price, but certainly not the bottom of the market. Even the English price is ~ HUF 9,000.
    Good point. I also notice that Amazon.de has adjusted the price again, and Amazon.co.uk still doesn't have the Special Edition. Fortunately play.com has it.

20. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ

That is pretty annoying I admit. I pre-ordered from Steam and their offer is looking crappier and crappier by the day. :mad: