Western Media is propaganda, not free-market laziness

and the whole justification that ı might have been allowed to rant might well be that there shouldn't be that fight -for it's actually known how it will grow out of hand and who will win .

and the whole justification that ı might have been allowed to rant might well be that there shouldn't be that fight -for it's actually known how it will grow out of hand and who will win .

If it is known, I can only offer one piece of advice:

Forget your sense of morality, forget your sense of humanity, and just be sure you are on the side that wins, in other words, have your crisis of ego now, at your leisure, and not when it is forced upon you. Your destiny is not "morality", but truth. Furthermore, what you have been taught is morality... ...is actually an ideology of protecting those who would never bother to protect you. Deserve is a tricky word, but in many ways, the weak deserve what the weak will get. Do not try to save them, because 1. You can not any way, and 2. even if you did, they would not even thank you for it, or care that you did, they would go back to being weak, and possibly even thinking that you and your kind were the cause of their misfortunes.

But I have hope it is not as well known. I know there are those who can change things, through force of will alone. This hope of mine is not for the utopia that will rise from the ashes, because surely, as we both know, only terror and tyranny will rise until the hatred has burned the body so severely that it gives up from exhaustion, and stops fighting. No, I only have hope I choose the right side, so the whip is in my hand, and not on my back.

Shallow, selfish, but very pragmatic.

My hopes for who will win are based upon my desire to see the little guy win, because I am the little guy, and because humans love stories of the perseverance of the human spirit.

I'll be an old man by then. My very life will be leaving me, and I will be in sorrow, as is the end result of life. I think I have done enough, I will either look at the mass tragedy of the lives of others, and think "serves them right, they could not learn or care to stand up for themselves", or I will smirk in my grave, happy to know humanity does persevere.

If humans are animals... ...there always comes a time in social animals when the betas overthrow the alphas. It is part of the cycle of creative destruction, and just as essential as the long dominance of the alphas to the survival of the species.

;)

and of course you might be putting yourself into "trouble" after this youtube thing which apparently is a sensation among the aviation nuts all over .

http://www.youtube.com/embed/VRJ1ECQwQjY?wmode=opaque

ı seriously don't know how to youtube , it's banned in Turkey anyhow but the thing should work for those who try . The context being a reference to some Ukrainian , now supposedly in Fulcrums and everybody in Syria trying to film to locate . Apparently not much in favour of the "Free Press" , right ? And which might lead to an unjustified colouring about your intentions .

fearing God always helps when you haven't gone the other direction and developed an unbreakable conscience .

and of course you might be putting yourself into "trouble" after this youtube thing which apparently is a sensation among the aviation nuts all over .

http://www.youtube.com/embed/VRJ1ECQwQjY?wmode=opaque

ı seriously don't know how to youtube , it's banned in Turkey anyhow but the thing should work for those who try . The context being a reference to some Ukrainian , now supposedly in Fulcrums and everybody in Syria trying to film to locate . Apparently not much in favour of the "Free Press" , right ? And which might lead to an unjustified colouring about your intentions .

fearing God always helps when you haven't gone the other direction and developed an unbreakable conscience .

I've been in trouble for a very long time. It's the best way to make sure you stay out of trouble.

That's not a 39 or 23, looks like a 29. I've not heard of this Ukrainian, or why he is shooting turkeys in Syria. Not sure if that video is from 1999 Serbia or 2014 Syria. Wonderfully bloody affairs of liberation and freedom, unlike the recent peaceful annexation that got the colonels angry because they didn't get to play.

If I feared god, I wouldn't care about humanity or mortality or misery.

excellent , if one keeps on looking from a kinda tinted glass .

so we immediately have it that 'em Russkies couldn't do anything against the mighty Western Airpower . Unfortunately for the Irresuction the Mighty keep declining to make an appearance . And while prodding for answers .

It is fun for many to talk about these machines and those machines, but as Sun Tzu says, you win the battle before you fight it. I find the discussions of what would beat what to be discussions of fantasy, honestly.

What is far more important is who can make people die for them. What is far more important is who has the power of the pen.

And NATO lost in Syria. Then it lost it in the Ukraine. It is going to lose it again in Turkey. It is losing in America, indeed, as expected, that was where the first shot around the world in this propaganda war was fired. It is losing in South America. It is losing in Europe. It is losing because it is the empire of lies, and it has lied so much it is convinced it is still winning, but look at the faces of the liars... ..they are scared.

The liberal stab in the back narrative is popular with militaristic societies. It may even be a correct narrative... ...doesn't make it any less of a reality of any society. Because yes, some people detest wars and dying for empire... ..and yes, if you can't get your people to man your toys, it doesn't matter how neat and shiny they are.

In America, ratings of the cable news networks continue to plummet, and all mainstream networks in general. So not only do these free market journalists fail at quality reporting, they also fail at attracting, or even keeping, viewers and readers... ...all the while, supposedly only printing and airing stories the public wants, if the flyers posted here on the civfanatics forum are to be believed.

The media only prints and airs what the lowest common denominator wants, then why isn't the lowest common denominator reading and watching?

And this is a problem for the CIA. They can't even keep the drones they had trained on CNN, MSNBC, and FOX watching their propaganda. They were hoping to get more, but they can't keep any. They tried a viral campaign experiment with "Kony 2012"... ...it seemed like it was going to work.... ...until it flopped.

The American propaganda machine has failed. It has failed at home, it has failed abroad. The widespread condemnation it claims comes from the nations of NATO et al is only widespread amongst the politicians, who everybody hates or could care less about.

There was an old neo-con saying, a favorite of theirs I heard many times, near the beginning of the Iraq war... "perception creates reality"

That it does... ...until it doesn't.

So who gained what in Syria? Except Assad, who is still alive — for now.

So who gained what in Syria? Except Assad, who is still alive — for now.

Russia showed it can win the worldwide propaganda war. And it was a decisive victory... ...with the spear tip jammed into the right wing heart of America. Obama's handlers were counting on those people to cheer their war in Syria. Instead, Putin, the judo master, used Western Mainstream media against itself.

Remember Anna Chapman?

So, I've read a "the West are fools" argument that was based around the premise of information being suppressed, an eloquent rebuttal with proof that said information is not suppressed, then in a wonderful display of changing gears a page and a half of quasi-hate unrelated to the assertion laid out in the OP expect for repeated recycling of buzz words? Am I getting that roughly correct?

If I want to understand something I get books on it. Ideally books with dissenting views/explanations to each other. Even then I don't claim clear understanding but it's better than depending on the news of the day for one's knowledge.

The problem with this approach is that it works entirely for historical events, while doesn't work at all for current events.

If I want to understand what's going on in Crimea, reading dissenting views on its history can only get me so far. At some point, I need to know what's actually going on there today, which only comes with reading news outlets since I can't personally travel there myself (such laziness!). Along with the fact that books on the crisis won't appear for, eh, a year maybe? Or hell, good books on the subject won't appear for several years after the fact, at which point the crisis will be over and something new would be going on in foreign affairs.

There's a certain limit to either source of information.

So, I've read a "the West are fools" argument that was based around the premise of information being suppressed, an eloquent rebuttal with proof that said information is not suppressed, then in a wonderful display of changing gears a page and a half of quasi-hate unrelated to the assertion laid out in the OP expect for repeated recycling of buzz words? Am I getting that roughly correct?
That's it, yeah.
Adds a little circle-jerking between the usual suspects so they can continue their monologue about some kind of conspiracy theory they desperately need to hang to, and you've the pretty picture of the rather pathetic state of this thread.

I was hoping I'd missed something.

I just want to step in here and say USA #1.

Despite the fact that we are becoming a more common people, and despite the unfortunate fixation of that common element with democratic mobbery, the American core exists still and will, of course, continue to rule. We don't need guidance by the press or to be lead by the nose to fulfill manifest destiny.

People who see the floundering of naïfs like Obama make a blunder if they conclude that we are properly defined by such. Our habit of allowing what is probably too much participation in serious matters by the riff and the raff is well backstopped by a robust and thoroughly unconfused superstructure.

I reiterate my last statement again.

Russia showed it can win the worldwide propaganda war. And it was a decisive victory... ...with the spear tip jammed into the right wing heart of America. Obama's handlers were counting on those people to cheer their war in Syria. Instead, Putin, the judo master, used Western Mainstream media against itself
That's a lot of hyperbole, i.e. hot air. Who has Putin won over for what? What positive contribution has Russia made? What solutions has it implemented?

What has been gained?

Essentially Putin has demonstrated that Russia is just about influential enough to cause trouble, but not enough to solve any. Under the circumstances, it's a parasite.

Since when were free market laziness and deliberate propaganda mutually exclusive? I can't think of a more natural fit.

Essentially Putin has demonstrated that Russia is just about influential enough to cause trouble, but not enough to solve any. Under the circumstances, it's a parasite.

If you want to underestimate the power shown by Putin in Syria, go ahead. It doesn't matter to me. You asked a question, I answered it. I started to go into a long essay about why Putin's victory in Syria was pole shifting, but, then I realized it would be pearls before swine, and you had, asked the question, of course, with no real intention of wanting to know the answer.

Akka said:
That's it, yeah.
Adds a little circle-jerking between the usual suspects so they can continue their monologue about some kind of conspiracy theory they desperately need to hang to, and you've the pretty picture of the rather pathetic state of this thread.

You really are a sad, sad, person. Oh, I see, farm Boy offered his sausage, you offered yours, and then you each grabbed each others' sausages and fanatasized about circle jerks amongst the more intelligent and beautiful men of the world. Since we are in the habit of immature innuendo, I will oblige in my next response. Get out your kleenex boys, the next one goes beyond homoerotic giggling and includes girls!

Despite the fact that we are becoming a more common people, and despite the unfortunate fixation of that common element with democratic mobbery, the American core exists still and will, of course, continue to rule. We don't need guidance by the press or to be lead by the nose to fulfill manifest destiny.

People who see the floundering of naïfs like Obama make a blunder if they conclude that we are properly defined by such. Our habit of allowing what is probably too much participation in serious matters by the riff and the raff is well backstopped by a robust and thoroughly unconfused superstructure.

You use the word "we" as if you are part of the unconfused superstructure. It's like seeing the players on your home football team walking around with two girls on each arm, and you say, "We are having a menage a trois tonight!", because you are so used to habitually referring to them as "we"... ..."we beat Barcelona" "We Beat Frankfurt" "We lost to Madrid" "We scored three goals". "we are having a menage a trois"

In all actuality, you have done nothing, scored no goals, won or lost nothing, and you will not be anywhere near their girls tonight.

While NewEnd seems enraged I must say that he/she has a point - hardly anyone cared about that news (at least nobody on this forum started a thread about it) and should any Western gov be caught discussing false flag operation in its own country the shtstorm would have been epic

Top Bottom