What are you driving?

A Honda Fit hatchback, with a bit over 100,000 miles. The interior layout is quite well designed and it can fit more than you would think it could for its exterior dimensions. Combine that with good fuel economy and the driving characteristics of a small car, and I'm happy with it. I'd probably buy the same car if I had the same decision to make over again.

A Citroen C4 from 2006 diesel for everyday use which works flawlessly except it is beginning to suffer random electrical issues (worst type of issues) which I will probably replace with something else at some point in the future ( probably a cheap second hand gasoline hatchback or some electric crap if prices go down dramatically) Also have a sporty Opel GT Roadster (aka Pontiac Solstice GXP, aka Saturn SkY Red Line) which is beautiful and very funny but no very practical. Planning to get some affordable classic to restore myself, maybe a Corvette C3 Stingray or something with a V8 or V6.

A Honda Fit hatchback, with a bit over 100,000 miles. The interior layout is quite well designed and it can fit more than you would think it could for its exterior dimensions. Combine that with good fuel economy and the driving characteristics of a small car, and I'm happy with it. I'd probably buy the same car if I had the same decision to make over again.

Me too!

2013, plenty of knobs and cupholders.
Great vision, reliability, and is like an oversized go-cart.

Me too!

2013, plenty of knobs and cupholders.
Great vision, reliability, and is like an oversized go-cart.
Yup! Mine's a couple years older but same-gen. 2012 added Bluetooth and either 2012 or 2013 added slightly thicker glass in those small panels at the front of the side by the dash for improved noise insulation, but otherwise, same car. I love the knobs and plentiful cupholders as well. I wouldn't buy one of those newfangled knobless vehicles, although I've been heartened to see some manufacturers are starting to add more knobs and dials again.

The only downside visibility-wise is the thick front A-pillars can occasionally make it hard to see at intersections, particularly on curvy roads that don't intersect at 90-degree angles. I've learned to look around them, and it's probably standard now that side-curtain airbags are required, but having previously driven a mid-90s sedan without them, it took some adjustment. Rear/side visibility though, is indeed great.

The rear view mirror needs to be mounted higher up too.

It blocks vision for taller people.

I could care less about the "3rd visor frit" black dot pattern.

I wouldn't buy one of those newfangled knobless vehicles
I have not driven in one, but it looks so much harder to change a setting while keeping your eyes on the road with a TV screen rather than actual physical buttons and dials.

I stared at that picture longer than I expected! It is a beautiful car indeed, I as kid and even now I always regard the GTI MK2 as the most beautiful Golf. I worked at a second hand dealership for a brief time, and I had the pleasure of starting a MK2 GTI from time to time. Always loved the front with the dual round headlights. I had a toy car like that.

I stared at that picture longer than I expected! It is a beautiful car indeed, I as kid and even now I always regard the GTI MK2 as the most beautiful Golf. I worked at a second hand dealership for a brief time, and I had the pleasure of starting a MK2 GTI from time to time. Always loved the front with the dual round headlights. I had a toy car like that.

I totally understand what you mean. Even though at the time the old Mk2's were not as up to date creature comfort wise as it's competitors were, the GTI Mk2 had a lot of charm and character to it.

I remember that I removed the North American spec headlights and tail lights and put in the European spec lights. Although this was totally illegal in my part of the U.S. I managed to get away with it. Good times...

IMG_5943.JPG

2012 Citroen Berlingo Multispace. Its an absolute dog with 220k on the clock and the electrics often failing in humorous French ways.

It was, however, ridiculously cheap at £1600, and has more than paid for itself doing various jobs for me.

IMG_20230801_144544.jpg

When I finish my renovation I will likely sell it. I don't really need a car in this city.

That is one ugly ride

It's a 1998 Toyota HiLux, single cab and of course manual transmission.

I've had a few of them. Brilliant as long as you don't need to drive anywhere far, quickly. On the farm they were excellent.

The Hilux is like the car of cars around these parts. It says you made it if you own one, but also they are just so practical.

Top Bottom