What are you driving?

I'm not sure if I understand. Are you dizzy all the time?
well it's maybe oversimplified. i'm specifically dizzy when i wake up and quite a bit after, about two hours, from some medication. which was why i stopped biking to uni to start with. but also then, and during the rest of the day, i have pressure and muddy thoughts if that makes sense. so am i dizzy all the time? no, but rest of the day is felt pressure and brain fog.

for biking, i had a day where the dizziness and fog had me almost run over twice. haven't biked since. for driving, i have not attempted to get a driver's license because i don't want to hurt anyone.

realize i ranted a bit. wasn't meant to make the thread about me, to be clear, lol

well it's maybe oversimplified. i'm specifically dizzy when i wake up and quite a bit after, about two hours, from some medication. which was why i stopped biking to uni to start with. but also then, and during the rest of the day, i have pressure and muddy thoughts if that makes sense. so am i dizzy all the time? no, but rest of the day is felt pressure and brain fog.

for biking, i had a day where the dizziness and fog had me almost run over twice. haven't biked since. for driving, i have not attempted to get a driver's license because i don't want to hurt anyone.

realize i ranted a bit. wasn't meant to make the thread about me, to be clear, lol
Huh. This is all from taking a medicine that you need to take?

Huh. This is all from taking a medicine that you need to take?
it's unclear how much is the medicine and how much is the ailment at this point, tbh. i think most is the medicine. but for what it's dealing with, it's worth it taking the bus. denmark has great public transit

it's unclear how much is the medicine and how much is the ailment at this point, tbh. i think most is the medicine. but for what it's dealing with, it's worth it taking the bus. denmark has great public transit
Wow. I don't know what your ailment is that makes that kind of medicinal side effect worth it, but I hope that you'll be able to get off those pills at some point and ride a bike again.

I'll die on this hill

20240326_233359.jpg

(And I probably will, considering how hard I had to cycle to get up here)

I saw a couple of those Chevrolet monsters in a dealership recently in Christchurch. They're massive. It looks bigger than a minivan.

Modern Hilux models are getting to that point where they're just as autobese as them, but my one is rather small in comparison. I do think that my tray is bigger than most of the utes (pickup trucks) driving on the road today, that aren't the generation of my car or older – but that might be because it has only one cab instead of two. Nonetheless, newer utes' tubs and trays don't look incredibly practical.

Last edited:
I got an electric bike, I miss my 350cc Kymco Downtown scooter I had in US (had to sell it)

Technically speaking the last thing I commandeered was a bicycle. I didn't drive it, so I can't say that, but I did definitely commandeer it, the way you would commandeer a frigate (in an action movie, doing all the important bits) except it was on 2 wheels and a bit more portable. That seems equivalent enough with driving to me.

Before that I commandeered a horse. Or rather, it commandeered me.

I can't tell you the make or country of origin of the last car I drove though. I don't look at cars like that. I don't segregate them based on artificial constructs imposed on them by the man.

I don't know why utes aren't more popular in North America. They're practical, but less enormous than most pickups. Yet aside from a few mid-2000s Subaru Bajas, the only ones I see are old Ford Rancheros or Chevy El Caminos from the '70s or early '80s, neither of which are particularly common 40 years later.

My actual guess as to why pickups are considered manly? Back in the day, most pickup owners were doing hard manual labor. Farming, construction work, things that a pickup is practical for. Now, most pickup owners are people who have one for the status symbol aspect of it.

I'm on Team Cycling in that debate. Although says who you need shocks to go mountain biking, let alone both front and rear shocks? If we're going to go with the "real men ride an XYZ vehicle", then real men ride a hardtail, or better yet, rigid mountain bike. Like they all were back in 1980. Do you think the legendary British cyclists of the Rough Stuff Fellowship had suspensions when they were going out on rough backcountry hike-and-bikes in the '60s? Of course not, bicycle suspensions hadn't been invented yet.

(I actually do ride a rigid bike when mountain biking, but the main reason is the only bicycle I have is rigid, so it is enlisted for all cycling tasks. Every so often there is a rough enough trail that a suspension system would be nice, but usually either rigid is fine, or I'm bike-and-hiking half the time anyway)

Before that I commandeered a horse. Or rather, it commandeered me.
Do tell...

VW Passat Estate/wagon.
Fits everything and anything in.
Had a ladder in the back this evening.

Top Bottom