What are you watching on Youtube, right now? Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added that to my Watch Later last night.

Jebus!

Ok, US American liberals might want to stop complaining that their opposition consists mostly of mouthbreathers and crude zealots.

Edit: Fixed.
I blame that weird TV family for the parapraxis.
Oh, no... that has made the mental image worse.

Be happy if you missed it.

Last edited:
This is one of the best take-downs of the Trump administration I've seen.

Spoiler Spoiled for NSFW language and Bill Maher's smug facial expressions. :

Uhhh, Orthodox church. Weird. It is like vudu for me. :p

Seriously what is the difference? The beards?

Uhhh, Orthodox church. Weird. It is like vudu for me. :p

Seriously what is the difference? The beards?
Different ceremonies, relics, icons, etc.
The most noticeable difference, I think, is architecture and interior of cathedrals:

Orthodox interiors look like a picture of Marc Chagal. So much color and abuse of inciense... It is hippy christianism. Catholic ones otoh are mostly monochrome:

But i was talking about theology. Any relevant difference there? Like the true haircut of Johan the Baptist or something.

Orthodox interiors look like a picture of Marc Chagal. So much color and abuse of inciense... It is hippy christianism. Catholic ones otoh are mostly monochrome:

But i was talking about theology. Any relevant difference there? Like the true haircut of Johan the Baptist or something.

There are many different saints (ie not in one or the other) and monasticism is still a thing in orthodoxy.
Also, lower clergy (basic priests) can marry and have a family.

Then there are the comedy/pretext schismatic stuff, by the catholics of the 11th century (eg the filioque).

Last edited:
Monasticism is still a thing in Catholic church. Precisely i usually go to a monastery of enclosed nuns near my hometown to buy a delicious and expensive almond cake. It is so delicious i am pretty sure it is done with some arcane nun witchery.

Monasticism is still a thing in Catholic church. Precisely i usually go to a monastery of enclosed nuns near my hometown to buy a delicious and expensive almond cake. It is so delicious i am pretty sure it is done with some arcane nun witchery.

Monasticism is more srs bsns in orthodoxy, though :jesus:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom