What TV Shows Are You Watching? The 9th Is - Excuse Me - A Damn Fine Cup Of Coffee

Last week, a new anime started airing. It's called SAINT SEIYA!!

Huh. I didn't even notice that I'd got the last post in a serial thread for the first time in  ages, and it occurred whilst I'm largely occupied too. Oh well!

The new Justified is excellent. And there is another season coming.

Severance S2 is speculated to be delayed into late 2024. :( The plan is still to release the second season as ten episodes.

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/severance/season-2-release-date
Imagine not just being disappointed by proof s1 was a fluke (you might say, a freshman's fluke), but also waiting two years for that to happen :)
At this point I'd bet their actual plot was a parody of work-life, instead of the various interesting philosophical things people projected.
That's too bad, if so. I really liked most of the episodes of s1 (started feeling bad about it two episodes before the end, iirc).

*groan*

To be expected, I s'pose. 6.99USD was unusually cheap, and more than worth it for the content, imo. I'd even heard that other streamers were worried Apple was undercutting them. Still, *groan*

I came here to express my appreciation for title - coffee makes every title (even) better - only to learn that

The new Justified is excellent. And there is another season coming

This is properly good news - I didn't even know Raylan had made a comeback and if it's anywhere near as good as the first go it'll be well worth watching and the TV-MA rating assures at least some credibility.

Last edited:
I need more coffee to determine a proper answer to such existential questions.

I hope that these two strips shall provide enough of an explanation.

Yes, it seems very possible that we're not-so-distant relatives.

Between the games I also took a glimpse @ IMDb and apparently apart from Raylan none of the original series has carried over and even more so learned that Top Gear is no more and it's unsure if it'll ever be again. Not that I was a fan of the latest incarnation but to the old question "to be or not to be?" I prefer the to be option.
Apparently while not actually watching any TV shows I've completely missed any related news as well.

Apparently while not actually watching any TV shows I've completely missed any related news as well.
So, you missed the bit about The Nanny, having first aired in November 1993, being about to turn 29 years old next week while its star, Fran Drescher, is leading a strike in the US screen industry, I suppose.
Grendeldef said:
Yes, it seems very possible that we're not-so-distant relatives.
Yeah, Wally actually wants to replace his soul with coffee so as to achieve immortality. In the animated series there even was a scene where Wally drank more coffee than his body volume (or nearly so) in one go. Thankfully, the series is on YouTube and Adams hasn't deleted it.

Clearly my watchlist has now some new inputs, thx and this Wally character seems like a well-balanced invidual with down to earth attitude.

Well, since the author actually did once say in an official interview that everybody should drink coffee, the empathy is understandable. I have been studying the Finnish culture extensively (learned vocabulary from V. Jokinen and S. Kohtamäki) and I have to say that caffeine is ingested there in interesting quantities.

Over the Garden Wall. I don't really understand the hype. It was passable but overall elicited nothing within me. 5/10.

Top Bottom