What are you watching on Youtube, right now? Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what hot-button political issues were only a decade ago, when Maher was considered a leftist:

It's not aged well. Hard to believe Reza is actually the least obnoxious pseudo-intellectual in the room.

"If"

:D

They missed a couple, though:

There is the line by Chilon of Sparta, one of the seven sages of ancient Greece:
"Being laconic is being philosophical".

It is also missing the epic lines by spartan captain Amompharetos, to his king at Plataea, when said king thought of retreating.

"No spartan retreats infront of barbarians!"

and, picking a massive rock and throwing it to the feet of the king: "With this pebble i give my vote to stay".

Its odd that Germany is pursuing Nuclear Fission while the US is looking to revise Coal power

Sometimes I think I should probably give that game a try again...

Gorgo. Way more priceless.
Also: Anglospheria.

Btw, did i not post this before?

I can't remember what i post. Too busy getting that crust off people's toast.

I remind everyone that uncued merging of posts in the youtube thread is an offense against aesthetics, never mind ever so slightly misrepresenting the user.

It'd be nice to have translations of the Greek without resorting to Google Translate. (Not much good being able to read it, if I don't know what most of it says!)

It'd be nice to have translations of the Greek without resorting to Google Translate. (Not much good being able to read it, if I don't know what most of it says!)

Serves you right for being non-greek ^_^

Most of it is funny, eg "Alexius, get on the damned horse!" and "The latins; disgusting and unclean" :D

Also, in a very subtle way, it "names" the seljuks as well, with (also starring, etc) "the dirty dung-named"*

*subtle because there was an emperor nicknamed thus, in a type of damnatio memoriae, but here it is obvious it doesn't refer to him :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom