1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What boardgames did you just play?

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by CivCube, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Chukchi Husky

Chukchi Husky Lone Wolf

I played Cosmic Encounter with a group, none of us having played the game before and finding the rules not clearly explained. No alliances happened as none of the group found that there is no benefit to forming alliances.

2. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

Didn't know this thread existed so I had a write up on Resident Evil 2 here.

The spawning system for the game does help keep you on your toes. When you get a random encounter, the zombies will spawn at certain points on the map, even if they're in different rooms. This means that even if you've cleared a room, if you backtrack to it there might be zombies in there again.

The ending to the last game I played was intense because the end point (a locked Umbrella office room) filled up with zombies and zombie dogs over the course of the game that we had to fight hand-to-hand when we opened the door.

3. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Chieftain

Playing this very old wargame on Vassal right now. It's a brilliant masterpiece!

Spring 1965 S Vietnam.jpg

4. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Looka like my gaming group may be having another "games day" in September or October.
    6 adults, a similar amount of children aged 8-14, a big house, and a lot of boardgames of varying complexity for a day.

topsecret likes this.
  5. topsecret

topsecret Spymaster

6. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Just had our "games day" today.
    6 adults, 7 children.
    An eight player game of Memoir 44, 2 thirteen player games of Werewolf, and a bunch of boardgames were played.
    A good time was had by all.

7. sherbz

sherbz Chieftain

Where was my invite? :p

Ive been playing quite a bit of hero realms recently. I rather like it. We just got the upgraded version which gives you a hero to use with a special power.

AmazonQueen likes this.