Russia
Carthage
Egypt
Arabia
Persia
China
Mongolia
Japan
They said there would be 16 civs...but I listed 17 to try to cover everything in the world up a bit. :hmm:

No to Bable?

my 16 picks (what I think is balanced, but definitely not what the makers will choose):

- Aztec
- Inca
- Rome
- Greece
- Egypt
- Spain
- France
- England
- Germany
- Russia
- Persia
- Arabia
- China
- Japan
- India
- Zululand

- America <-- not my pick, but 75% sure its in
- Monglia <-- they got three different barbs, think they'll be Mongols, Vikings, and Native Americans

See the third line of my sig. I have the list of confirmed civs there (there are 9 so far). Cybrxkhan, the barbarians won't be historical civs. Just read the Barbs section of my Fact Sheet.

^oh, darn. thanks. anyhow, aztecs and arabains are "unoffically" confirmed civs (from screenies), and i also think that America, Incans, some Native American tribe, England, India, Babylon, and Zululand have a chance of getting in (some better than others).

I've just taken a look at the screenies at Gamespot and IGN and I managed to get India, Russia, and Japan, but I saw nothing of Arabia or Aztecs. Could you please tell me where these screenshots are?

It is very difficult to represent the world hisorically with so few slots, and little hope of modification.

Why is Cleopatra in it over Hatshepsut or Ramsses II?

the laws of pop culture place her more important than the other two, even though I myself consider Ramses II a not-so-great choice and Hatshephut so-so, although they are more well known. if i could choose anyone not regarding famousness, i would go with either Thuthmosis III, Khufu, or some guy from the Middle Kingdom.

I thought I read somewhere that there would literally be an "African Civilization", just like the Civ 4 "Native Americans". If this is true, I'm hugely disappointed. I'd rather have JUST Ethiopia or Mali than to lump it all together as "African". How much do you want to bet that he goes with Shaka Zulu? Ugh.

Sadly Africans hardly bolster the gamer demographic so i guess they can be snubbed in such a way

the laws of pop culture place her more important than the other two, even though I myself consider Ramses II a not-so-great choice and Hatshephut so-so, although they are more well known. if i could choose anyone not regarding famousness, i would go with either Thuthmosis III, Khufu, or some guy from the Middle Kingdom.

Yes, it has been stated that leaders will be based more on how well they are known than historical significance.

darn... lemme guess some leaders:

- China - good ol' Mao
- Russia - Stalin
- India - Gandhi

Gandhi is in. There is a screenshot at IGN. The leader of China is probably Mao. I saw a screenshot with an image that looked alot like Mao in the list of leaders in the upper right.

darn. Mao? come on... oh well, at least there could've been worse choices... Cow Cow... Cixi... Confucius...

Top Bottom