What do we know about the next expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting a future civ to have a unique commercial hub. It's the only district to not have a special version. Korea has seowons, Russia has lavras, Zulu has ikandas, etc.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Say it again.

Where did he say that?
Quick googling just gives me this PC Gamesn interview some ten months ago, pre-RnF, where he couldn't be more vague about WC and diplo victory, and there's no word about ideologies. Some of the "global interactions between the leaders" he talked about turned out to be the emergencies, others probably were left for the yet later expansion.

If WC does come back, I'd prefer it to be without such things as "ban X luxury" or "embargo city states" - those were just awful. At least give us choice of sanction-busting, defying or ignoring the resolution. You may very well ban the spice trade, but if I find a like minded gourmet AI who's into spice, no WC will prevent us to hide some spice bundles inside perfectly legally traded warhorses. :mischief:

I only liked collaborative projects in Civ V - World Fair, World Games and ISS construction, although the last one wasn't used very often.

I'm on a roll this week. Got the Zulu Naval thing wrong. And now for the life of me can't remember where I got World Congress and Ideology thing from. I feel like it was a video with Beech, but might be something I read here, or possibly just the fever dream of a deranged mind. And to be fair, I recall it was more "we'd like to do x", so I'm reading between the lines that this means they'll actually do it.

Sorry I'm not being more helpful.

We know from the newly updated Steam depot's that the second expansion is likely in development.

We know that something is going on, but whether that's related to a patch, a DLC, or an expansion we have no evidence for one way or the other.

The state of Schrödinger's Expansion cannot be confirmed so easily as that. :)

upload_2018-9-20_18-46-53.png

I'm guessing whatever they are working on is codenamed Portcullis?

We know nothing concrete (maybe concrete will be a new resource) at this time. We do know they have a sense of humour (Depot name "Boom goes the dynamite" ). We know Sarah (@FXS_Sarah) has been lurking around. They have something called a "Portcullis", but we have no idea what.
My 2 cents (maybe nickel will be a new resource), it is an expansion. They are starting to test ideas. We might get some real news after the game is released on switch. The speculation train (something in the new expansion???) will be going wild.

What to expect?
I think Rise & Fall mechanics will be tied to new features, like World congress.

There emergencies would be handled and free cities voted to given independece or returned to owners etc.

What civs to expect?
Missing important city-states(although that doesnt necessarily prove anything..):

Budabest (Hungary)
Italian city-states (Venice, Genoa etc.)
Vienna (Austria)
Cusco (Inca)
etc

Assuming Venice somehow made the cut and retained its Civ5 qualities, it would be really interesting to see how it would play Tall in a Wide-friendly game.

Assuming Venice somehow made the cut and retained its Civ5 qualities, it would be really interesting to see how it would play Tall in a Wide-friendly game.

It would be nice if large maps could actually be LARGE maps in this wide-friendly game. The world is just too small compared to Civ 5.

I REALLY hope we get Venice! First of all their music in Civ 5 was so beautiful, and second of all I'm dying to see how/if their Civ 5 playstyle could fit with Civ 6, as you said.

I REALLY hope we get Venice! First of all their music in Civ 5 was so beautiful, and second of all I'm dying to see how/if their Civ 5 playstyle could fit with Civ 6, as you said.
I think that was a one-off. Even if they wanted to make another OCC civ there are many many to choose from.

World Congress is pretty much certain. I think Hungary and Inca will be full Civs rather than City States.
I was assuming they were wanted as full Civs since they are not currently represented by city-states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom