What do you expect to get for free with your fast food order?

Which of these items do you expect to get for free?

• Total voters

Ciceronian

Latin Scholar
This thread examines the important question of which items you consider it vital for a fast food restaurant to provide for free. Assume for the sake of the poll that you would avoid visiting a restaurant which does not offer the choices you selected for free.

Napkins, Straws, Salt, Ketchup, Mustard, and Other (atherosclerosis).

Cleo

A roasted North Atlantic Lobster and a Australian Stirlon Steak.

Oh and free kepchup

threads like this are why I love OT. you get mind-numbingly low-brow threads like this besiode debates about free will

Anything that is 'free', really isn't because as long as you buy something it is built into the cost. I think most of the stuff on the list should be built into the cost, as long as it is reasonable. If you want 25 ketchup packets to go with your small order of fries, then expect to pay something for it.

I used to work at a restaurant and every table would have a dozen or so jelly packets so that a table of 4 would have enough for their toast if all of them wanted to use it. This one lady would come in ordering only a coffee and take all of those jelly and put them in her purse to bring home so she could use them on her own bread and wouldn't have to buy jelly from a store. Not only that, she would walk around to other tables and pocket those jellies! She would do this every weekend and we had to give her a choice, either pay for all of those jellies or be banned from the restaurant.

Likewise, 'free refills' are fine, but if you are in there for 6 hours drinking refills then you should pay more.

Applicable at all restaurants: two napkins for every food item (including malts/shakes) purchased, one for every subsequent item. This is not to exceed 5 napkins for one person, 8 napkins for two people, and 10 napkins for three people.

A straw for every drink item ordered, with the exception of hot coffee.

One salt packet (two for Culver's) should be provided for every french fry order.

At least two sauces (maximum three) per large order of chicken McNuggets, fingers, wings, etc. should be provided. Employees should prompt customers for their choice of sauce.

Applicable at specific restaurants only: at least one hot sauce packet per McDonald's Breakfast Burrito.

One mild/hot sauce packet per taco or taco-based food item at Taco Bell. Employees should prompt customers for their choice of sauce.

If I think of any others, I'll let you know.

At fast food, I should get all the napkins I want, a Straw, and as many little ketchup packets as I want. If I'm going some place like taco bell, or Arbys (places with special sauces), I should get a reasonable number of sauce packets. If I'm ordering chicken nuggets, I should get at least 1 free BBQ or Honey packet. I'm okay with spending a quarter for extras.

In KFC you have to pay for sauce. Rip.

I expect a reasonable amount of sauce of sauces that could be construed within reason to go with said items. Then I expect access to salt, sugar to put in coffee(not that I drink it but as a matter of principle), plus all the things that generally constitute a restauraunt access to seats, tables, bathroom, napkins(unless of course it's a drive thru only restaurant.

I dont know if a BBQ joint counts as fast food, but if my pulled pork didnt come with BBQ sauce, and the place charged extra for it, im out. Same deal if there wasnt hot sauce on the table.

Mayo makes me ralph, so I prefer they charge extra, that way I can be sure it wont be on my food when i dont order it.

There's nothing on the list that would prevent me from eating somewhere, but a straw is pretty close . . .

Top Bottom