What do you think about germany?

yes sure, but dieters music was popular like modern talking things and blue system, but ccatch is hotter than ever even shes 48 years old now

and there are people liking that music

Obviously there are people who like that kind of music, he wouldn't be filthy rich if it was otherwise. Doesn't change the fact that it sucks.

If Greece continues to flounder, and the Euro continues to weaken against the dollar, I should be able to visit the lovely Deutschland again!
I really need to check out Magdeburg...

Any other recommendations in the former East? Chemnitz? Leipzig?

sucks you but not me
dieter sucks me like you doo

sucks you but not me
dieter sucks me like you doo
I don't understand. Unless it's the lyrics of one of his songs, in which case it makes perfect sense and I thank you for illustrating my point :D

I don't understand. Unless it's the lyrics of one of his songs, in which case it makes perfect sense and I thank you for illustrating my point :D
lol NOT understanding at ALL. The fact is you suck and dieter sucks similarily.
The music/lyrics sucks NOT everybody. Thats more fact.
You suck because you state its fact that this music would suck anybody.
Dieter sucks too, similarly.
That music itself is not dieters work only. It also has gone thru a studio and everybody involved in it influences it too.

Moderator Action: File this under "being a jerk."
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

sucks me noooot, not always
and I like cccatch nowadays more than former times

Methinks we got a real wordsmith here.

If Greece continues to flounder, and the Euro continues to weaken against the dollar, I should be able to visit the lovely Deutschland again!
I really need to check out Magdeburg...

Any other recommendations in the former East? Chemnitz? Leipzig?
Erfurt is really beautiful. Chemnitz is ugly. It's no coincidence that few other big city in the East lost as many inhabitants as Chemnitz. Magdeburg has suffered a lot during the war and GDR days, too. Wouldn't really recommend to go there. Leipzig is fine and worth a visit. Should I move back to the East one day, Leipzig would probably be one of my top 3 choices.

Is Dresden not part of the suggestions because it's the obvious choice?

Also, if you're into the medieval town flair, I can really recommend Quedlinburg.

Also, if you're into the medieval town flair, I can really recommend Quedlinburg.
Well, I considered the fire bombings, to be honest. I lived in Hamburg, and it was nice... but no medieval flair...

Quedlinburg is something that wasn't even on my radar. I will have to check that out!

Nazi quedlinburg:
"During the Nazi regime, the memory of Henry I became a sort of cult, as Heinrich Himmler saw himself as the reincarnation of the "most German of all German" rulers. The collegiate church and castle were to be turned into a shrine for Nazi Germany. The Nazi Party tried to create a new religion. The cathedral was closed from 1938 and during the war. Liberation in 1945 brought back the Protestant bishop and the church bells, and the Nazi style eagle was taken down from the tower. Georg Ay was local party chief from 1931 until the end of the war."

Unfortunately, in Dresden, you can find nasty GDR buildings of the worst kind at every place. They really ruin the scene.

Nazi quedlinburg:
"During the Nazi regime, the memory of Henry I became a sort of cult, as Heinrich Himmler saw himself as the reincarnation of the "most German of all German" rulers. The collegiate church and castle were to be turned into a shrine for Nazi Germany. The Nazi Party tried to create a new religion. The cathedral was closed from 1938 and during the war. Liberation in 1945 brought back the Protestant bishop and the church bells, and the Nazi style eagle was taken down from the tower. Georg Ay was local party chief from 1931 until the end of the war."
... so?

MajKira just wanted to display his wikipedia skills. Who would have thought: There were Nazis in Germany! :eek:

Let's play a game: Where in Quedlinburg is Nazi Sandiego?

I think Nazi San Diego fled to Argentina in 1945...
BUT, what a lovely little town!!!

If you plan to visit Dresden you might also want to see the Saxon Switzerland (Sächsische Schweiz). The area is the the German part of the Elbe sandstone mountains with plenty of historic sites. (e.g. Königstein Fortress)
If you gonna visit Magdeburg and Erfurt you could also enter the west and visit Göttingen which has it's own flair. (Hannoversch Münden is also nice)

A lecture about Germany from WW1 to present.
Highly recommended for being informative and entertaining.

Link to video.

Top Bottom