What does your Surname literally mean?

son of <first name>.

originating from some part of Scandinavia (father's side only is known), then moved down to Denmark (where ther is a <first name> hamlet) and then to Germany. at some point we ended up with the -sen instead of the -son.

Family name is anglicization of a great Hindu sage, on par with Narada (son of Bramha, disciple of Vishnu, celestial gossip) and Vyasa (recorded Mahabharatha and did some other crazy stuff). Pretty cool.

The typo in the title reminds me of the Monty Python interview sketch.

"Name?"
"David."
"Sure?"
"Yes,"
(writing) "David... Sure"
"No, Thomas!"
(scratches out something) "Thomas... Sure"
"No no no, David Thomas"
(glares, then writes some more)

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever and I actually tried to research it for months.

I can't even guess what language it is from. In its current form, it sounds "mostly" Romanian, but I'm not sure if that's the origin of it. Could very well be, but could also just as well not be. Basically, again, I have no idea.

According to a coffee mug my dad has: Protector.
Ah wait, I'm a moron, that's my first name. My surname I suppose could be interpreted literally. Goodenough. But according to some website I found, it might also mean "A Jack in the box, a puppet, a little ugly man." How nice.

"The name may be local, and come from Gudenaw, a town on the Lower Rhine, Germany."

You can do it yourself. Click on the "Edit"-button of this post and go to "Advanced" where you'll can fix it.
My surname is "Kroschwitz", which is a germanized form of the Polish "Kraszewice", which allegedly translates to "Village of Sewers".

That's good lookin :goodjob:

Unless it was one of those ironic names, meant to imply that the people in question are actually quite large. You know, like John Little.

or the guy in prison they call "tiny"

PS: yes I am trying to strum up some street cred. if you don't like it I'll shiv you!

Top Bottom