What Native American tribe do you expect/want?

Which Native American tribe do you expect/want?

• Total voters
I've come to believe the Shawnee might have a lot of chances... Even if the Axeman theory comes true, it would increase their chances... So, now that the Inuit (my pet civ) are out, I'll long for the Shawnee :D

Olmec
Color: Medium grey, Jade green.
Capitol:La venta
Leader: Tetlitzontecon
Ability: "Heart of Mesoamerica"-
15% bonus to beaker production during a golden age. Culture bonus every time a great person is born in an olmec city.
UU: Tamoanchan (replaces warrior)- Ignores terrain cost, near capitol bonus (symbol is Kunz jade axe head)
UB: Collosal Head (replaces monument)- 3 culture, 1 happiness

I know olmec are out, and were never a competitor, but this is what I thought they could be like, a science/ culture civ.

Who's this Tetlitzontecon? I can't find a thing about him in google...

I've come to believe the Shawnee might have a lot of chances... Even if the Axeman theory comes true... So, now that the Inuit (my pet civ) are out, I'll long for the Shawnee :D

I think the Tomahawk theory (That it's a UU in disguise for some reason) works in favor of the Shawnee, not against them.

I think the Tomahawk theory (That it's a UU in disguise for some reason) works in favor of the Shawnee, not against them.

Sorry, incomplete redaction issue... But I meant that actually hehe...

Maybe barbarians now have a chance to spawn UU versions?
That'd be pretty slick and could explain what looks like a Native American UU with barbarian colors.

The UU in disguise is interesting, but seems very confusing and complex? The purpose of such a mechanic would be to allow the civ with that ability to pillage without declaring war? Maybe. Did the Shawnee have a history of raiding parties? The Sioux actually did right? The problem with the whole concept though is you still know who it is... and the way the game manages "war monger" status is not through who declared a war, but through who's taken cities. How would such an ability impact diplomacy? I am not sure it would make a significant difference?

All that said... seems far more likely that this was just an Easter Egg dropped either accidentally or with the intent of driving us bonkers with speculation! :)

Limiting the options to between Por-Zu, I believe potential candidates within reason (due to name recognition and not being that obscure) would be the Sioux, Shawnee, Seminole, Powhatan, and Pueblo (if you believe they are still possible, which I don't). If you believe the Tomahawk unit theory whatever, that would limit the options to Shawnee, Seminole, and Powhatan. Of those, I believe the Shawnee with Tecumseh have the best chance.

Well, unless if they went with Pocahontas.

Olmec
Color: Medium grey, Jade green.
Capitol:La venta
Leader: Tetlitzontecon
Ability: "Heart of Mesoamerica"-
15% bonus to beaker production during a golden age. Culture bonus every time a great person is born in an olmec city.
UU: Tamoanchan (replaces warrior)- Ignores terrain cost, near capitol bonus (symbol is Kunz jade axe head)
UB: Collosal Head (replaces monument)- 3 culture, 1 happiness

I know olmec are out, and were never a competitor, but this is what I thought they could be like, a science/ culture civ.

It d.oes not meet alphabet requirement and La Venta is already seen as a city-state.

I have the same question. The only place Google could take me was this thread.

Seems most of it is made up, Tamoanchan is a mythological location, yet he listed it as UU.

Anyway as for civs that could fit the alphabet we still have the Zapotecs, tho their chances are almost none.

Seems most of it is made up, Tamoanchan is a mythological location, yet he listed it as UU.

Anyway as for civs that could fit the alphabet we still have the Zapotecs, tho their chances are almost none.

Seems like a solid possibility to me...

Tamoanchan is the actual name of the olmec peoles, or at least the older name of the people who lived in the area. The leader is fictitious, I'll admit, I and others said so several pages ago that we know not of any real olmec leaders. The name is a bastardization of the Nauhatl words for "stone" (tetl) and "head" itzontecon" (stone) since the stone heads are based on Olmec leaders.

Hey, just a question, what's the proof for a Native American civ besides the cancellation of the Pueblo civ? After all, they could very well be a European Civ and Sumeria instead of the Sioux?

Hey, just a question, what's the proof for a Native American civ besides the cancellation of the Pueblo civ? After all, they could very well be a European Civ and Sumeria instead of the Sioux?

They've already got Babylon and Assyria, and more than enough European civs.

Come to think about it, that's the problem of most american civilizations... No registry of an actual leader... And Civ does give a lot of importance to that...

I have managed to find a leader for Tiwanaku, called Huyustus, so the Tiwanaku Civilization would be a nice option (kind of a faith and science civ)... But I would find them unlikely...

The "proof" is the unholy rage of the fans if fireaxis decides to not add a new native american. Nothing is both more, and less concrete.

Well, Sumer's already ruled out, but that is an important point of contention. Many of us are assuming that a native American civ is likely to be in because BNW already seems to be trying for more geograhpical and cultural diversity (in contrast to the more Eurocentric focus of G&K), and they haven't had a native American civ yet.

It's not absolute, nor is it even really good evidence for a native American civ, but there isn't much else at this point but mindless speculation to do.

There is no proof yet if we have a Native American civ or not. I wouldn't be surprised if we got an African civ in fact, (we only have 3 related to the scenarios in BNW, a record low percentage in Civ History). We have had a Northern African civ included, a Southern, why not another central?

There is no proof yet if we have a Native American civ or not. I wouldn't be surprised if we got an African civ in fact, (we only have 3 related to the scenarios in BNW, a record low percentage in Civ History). We have had a Northern African civ included, a Southern, why not another central?

The obvious central African civ would've been Kongo, but their capital has been spotted as a CS.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got an African civ in fact, (we only have 3 related to the scenarios in BNW, a record low percentage in Civ History). We have had a Northern African civ included, a Southern, why not another central?

I would. There isn't very much that fits between Portugal and Zulu (especially in terms of the scenario) and they obviously aren't that inclined to pull from the ontinent very much. I guess they could pick the Dervish State and call it Somalia, but that seems really unlikely for a number of reasons.

I would. There isn't very much that fits between Portugal and Zulu (especially in terms of the scenario) and they obviously aren't that inclined to pull from the ontinent very much. I guess they could pick the Dervish State and call it Somalia, but that seems really unlikely for a number of reasons.
Zimbabwe! :D I know, there's a "Great" missing there, but otherwise! :lol:

EDIT: Actually, "Great Zimbabwe" seems to be the capital to the "Kingdom of Zimbabwe"... It would be nice if I smacked face first into a possible civ! :lol:
Now, unfortunately, I do not know of any uniques this could have... :sad:

Top Bottom