What the Israelis really think of the UN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramius75 said:
My complain is simple. Why was Israel not condemn for killing so many civilians ? And still allow to kill more ? With the cease fire prolong 1 more day, more ppl will die in the process. Whats justice for them ?

Hezbollah has put civilians in harms way, they die martyrs for the "cause" and they don't care how many die because they think it's a good thing to die fighting the infidels. As a added bonus it's great PR to build up anger in the none islamic world because they don't play that game.

Since the issue of burning flags was brought up, I'd like you to take a look at this video of flag desecration and perhaps your opinion may change.
I do not agree with flag burning but it is in accordance to our freedom of speech. One must ask however, what are the actual motives behind flag burning beside showing discontent?

http://www.intelligencesummit.org/news/GW1.php

Israel uses Precision bombs from the US, somehow Israel had an 'accident' with such presice weapons...I guess the bombing of Hospital, airport, mosques, Orthodox Church, Refugee convoy & etc were all 'accidents'. Well for the IAF being such a 'well-trained' force they sure can't hit a target if it bit them; then again...how about a more realistic alternative view...you know what I mean.
Hezbollah kill less than 100 Israelis; Israel kill 400+ Lebanese CIVILIANS. Quite Milosevic like...ethnic cleansing an area; may Israel knows that the UN will try them for war crimes.
BTW I made a Consalidated Thread, can we PLEASE start using it...that way there isn't 1000 threads by next Monday.
EDIT: Give me an Israeli flag...I'll do what to do with it.

This thread reminds me of those stupid Israelis who insist on riding buses, knowing full well they might get blown up, then complaining about it.

Or those stupid US servicemen who get blown up by IEDs in a warzone, then insist on complaining to us.

Or those silly Americans who insist on being in a lynchpin of the American economy, and probably a somewhat legitimate target, and then everyone complains when they get two planes rammed into them.

******s :rolleyes:

Spartan117 said:
although i think north korea may be looking for a fight, but i heard somewhere the best defense is to possess nuclear weapons...scare off everybody, in that case a country doesnt even have to use them:)

Hasn't stopped us from getting attacked.

Leatherneck said:
Hezbollah has put civilians in harms way, they die martyrs for the "cause" and they don't care how many die because they think it's a good thing to die fighting the infidels. As a added bonus it's great PR to build up anger in the none islamic world because they don't play that game.

well in that case israel willingly took the reality of fighting with arab nations when it began its state in the 40's...israel knew "arabs" were going to retaliate( they said there were)

so i guess with your argument, israel is responsible for many unnessary deaths of jewish civilian casualties...along with many more people:D

Ramius75 said:
And the really funny thing is, Both Iran and North Korea developing of nuclear weapons is more politics than actually using it to kill ppl. Unlike what Israel is doing now with 300++ more blood on their hands.

It not about doing things or not doing things, its doing the RIGHT thing that matters. China has been a strong country now and before in the past. It has a very isolated foreign policy. Using more soft power than hard military. And only veto 4 times in the UN wile abstain from most of it.

My complain is simple. Why was Israel not condemn for killing so many civilians ? And still allow to kill more ? With the cease fire prolong 1 more day, more ppl will die in the process. Whats justice for them ?

The first paragraph ends with an illogical statement. Yes, Israel has killed 400 people now in the current conflict. And NK and Iran haven't. Of course, only one of these three nations was attacked this month.

What's right is subjective. Hezbollah thinks they are right. Israel thinks they are right. Do you think it's right that a nation gets shelled with rockets and has it's soldiers killed and kidnapped without provocation? I don't.

I think most people are sad that the civilians get killed in the crossfire. But if it doesn't happen like this, then it's Israeli citizens who get killed by Hezbollah rockets. It's just a slower process with less press. Would that make you happy? Less people die per day, but more overall, and it's just drawn out over a number of years? That's not peace to me. And returning to that situation, which is what a cease fire would do at this point.

Without the disarming of Hezbollah, which apparently only Israel is willing to do, then there is no peace. Israel is between a rock and a hard place. Actually, it's not that hard for them, except when it comes to public perception. Their situation is attack Lebanon and Lebanese citizens die...or stop attacking and Israeli citizens die. I know which choice I'd make if I were them. Others do to. That's why there won't be any sanctions. Has nothing to do with the US.

William GBTW said:
Israel uses Precision bombs from the US, somehow Israel had an 'accident' with such presice weapons...I guess the bombing of Hospital, airport, mosques, Orthodox Church, Refugee convoy & etc were all 'accidents'. Well for the IAF being such a 'well-trained' force they sure can't hit a target if it bit them; then again...how about a more realistic alternative view...you know what I mean.
Hezbollah kill less than 100 Israelis; Israel kill 400+ Lebanese CIVILIANS. Quite Milosevic like...ethnic cleansing an area; may Israel knows that the UN will try them for war crimes.
BTW I made a Consalidated Thread, can we PLEASE start using it...that way there isn't 1000 threads by next Monday.
EDIT: Give me an Israeli flag...I'll do what to do with it.

Accidents have always happened. People have guns and know that whatever they fire at is going to get hit. I guess when an Israeli got hit by friendly fire today, they intentionally targeted him, right? Yeah, because that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Hezbollah has only killed 100 because their accuracy sucks. If they were able to, they'd hit the chemical factories. We're talking about an organization that used to use the famed suicide bombers to detonate themselves in whatever area they could find that has the most civilians packed into one place. An organization that packs it's rockets full of BB's so that they do more damage to anyone near them when they explode. You know, like the Olympic bombs that were filled with nails. Those aren't meant to destroy infra, and it has no strategic value besides trying to kill/maim people.

400 ethnic cleansing? Are they an endagered species or something? I'm pretty sure that's about .01% of the total pop of Lebanon. You'd think after dropping thousands of bombs for two weeks, they could kill a few more. Or maybe dropping a nuke might do that job better? Could we please try to be a bit less dramatic and focus on facts, not propoganda? Thanks.

nonconformist:
"Or those stupid US servicemen who get blown up by IEDs in a warzone, then insist on complaining to us." I don't hear us complaning to you; the servicemen are given orders, they must obey, that is thier job; I also see UK troops there. Also don't call us Americans ******ed; WE ARE NOT ******ED! Many are just brainwashed by the Israelis. Even Persian Boy, an Iranian, a citizen of a state that American is not too nice too isn't as anti-America as you, a British Citizen, a Citizen of a close ally are. Listen I happen to have known many of those 'stupid US servicemen' and many people of my local town are in the military; don't call them stupid; I guess if you have that logic you think that UK should have surrendered to Hitler? Listen here:
I don't take lightly to unfounded name calling of peoples, I don't do that; I don't say "******ed Israelis"; listen here the American people ARE NOT ******ED! Just because many are brainwashed with BUSH propaganda doesnt make us ******ed. Actually if Israel didn't spit on the Arabs Hezbollah wouldn't exist. Even His Excellency Prime Minister Ehud Barach said "We [Israel] made Hezbollah". Americans aren't ******ed, although yankees come pretty nigh close IMO.

It is ethnic cleansing to cleans S. Lebanon of Lebanese like they have; or force 700,000+ Palestienes to leave thier homes. 400+ civilians dead is more than Israel has. I think Israel needs to get off thier high horse.

shadow2k said:
Accidents have always happened. People have guns and know that whatever they fire at is going to get hit. I guess when an Israeli got hit by friendly fire today, they intentionally targeted him, right? Yeah, because that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Hezbollah has only killed 100 because their accuracy sucks. If they were able to, they'd hit the chemical factories. We're talking about an organization that used to use the famed suicide bombers to detonate themselves in whatever area they could find that has the most civilians packed into one place. An organization that packs it's rockets full of BB's so that they do more damage to anyone near them when they explode. You know, like the Olympic bombs that were filled with nails. Those aren't meant to destroy infra, and it has no strategic value besides trying to kill/maim people.

400 ethnic cleansing? Are they an endagered species or something? I'm pretty sure that's about .01% of the total pop of Lebanon. You'd think after dropping thousands of bombs for two weeks, they could kill a few more. Or maybe dropping a nuke might do that job better? Could we please try to be a bit less dramatic and focus on facts, not propoganda? Thanks.

i think most things you have said here sound like propaganda

there is actually strategic value in suicide bombers

killing civilians in constant attacks, can ruin moral among those people, caused such an increase in security( less money put elsewhere), poeople will live their lives in fear, sounds like its a very effective strategy, although i am not supporting this but just clarifying it is a very effective strategy:)

worked many times in history,...WW2, vietnam, just to name a few:mischief:

what does dropping a nuclear weapon or bombs do...it doesnt actually deter other future anti israel groups to not attack israel:confused: or at least isnt that effective

some do stop but other groups spawn up from increased attacks and military moves made by idf

rmsharpe said:
You've got to stop drinking that imported Malaysian water, I think it's giving you the crazies. :crazyeye:

We won't know what Iran or North Korea's objectives are until they're fully able to successfully deploy a nuclear weapon.

well, thats very true. I think its best that no country will ever have nuclear weapons. but sadly, some do and its not going to change anytime sooner and in the meantime, more and more countries will try to acquire them also. See India and Pakistan. They are having no repercussion for owning and developing nuke. And both are now enjoying USA aids atm.

What i like to point out here thou is why 2 countries was condemn and Israel not ?? Is israel such an angel that it can do no wrong ?

William GBTW said:
nonconformist:
"Or those stupid US servicemen who get blown up by IEDs in a warzone, then insist on complaining to us." I don't hear us complaning to you; the servicemen are given orders, they must obey, that is thier job; I also see UK troops there. Also don't call us Americans ******ed; WE ARE NOT ******ED! Many are just brainwashed by the Israelis. Even Persian Boy, an Iranian, a citizen of a state that American is not too nice too isn't as anti-America as you, a British Citizen, a Citizen of a close ally are. Listen I happen to have known many of those 'stupid US servicemen' and many people of my local town are in the military; don't call them stupid; I guess if you have that logic you think that UK should have surrendered to Hitler? Listen here:
I don't take lightly to unfounded name calling of peoples, I don't do that; I don't say "******ed Israelis"; listen here the American people ARE NOT ******ED! Just because many are brainwashed with BUSH propaganda doesnt make us ******ed. Actually if Israel didn't spit on the Arabs Hezbollah wouldn't exist. Even His Excellency Prime Minister Ehud Barach said "We [Israel] made Hezbollah". Americans aren't ******ed, although yankees come pretty nigh close IMO.

propaganda has such a huge effect in america, many seem as if brainwashed, so i guess ******ed can be a term used:rolleyes: P.s> i dont like name calling either;)

by the way i am from chicago:D

war is still war/ conflict is still conflict....

ever heard the saying all is fair in love and war:mischief:

why shouldnt a weaker country resort to those "attacks on civilians"?

who places the standards on what is "okay" killing in war...

but thats another thread

Spartan117 said:
who places the standards on what is "okay" killing in war...

The Geneva Convention?

Spartan117 said:
propaganda has such a huge effect in america, many seem as if brainwashed, so i guess ******ed can be a term used:rolleyes: P.s> i dont like name calling either;)

by the way i am from chicago:D

Thats a ridculous statement, propaganda has a huge effect in any part of the world. If your community is only exposed to one form of propaganda then that community is more likely to be "brainwashed".
I've read your posts and to me you seem "brainwashed", do I regard you as ******ed? not exactly, ******ed is a clinical term last I checked.

I know more died in WWII; many due to Jap, Soviet, German & other Axis atrocites; other due to bombing raids; that was before precision guided weapons and later we showed kindness of Germans & Japs. Israel is still killing too many civilians; they aren't dumb (I know its hard to believe); they know when they kill civilians. I indict Omhert with Crimes Against Humanity (his ordering of the bombing of Hospitals, Air Ports [blocking international aid]), Ethnic Cleansing (ordering Lebanese to flee S. Lebanon or die, mass bombing of Beriut) & War Crimes. Its not bad has Russian astrocites in Checynea but its close. Also can we use the consalidated thread?
Spartan is right, Shadow dude is spewing forth propoganda.

Leatherneck said:

so why is Israel fell into their trap ?? Will escalating the attacking like this solve any problem ?? i think its making it very much worse than b4.

now the chinese are also pissed too...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/221288/1/.html

BEIJING : China strongly condemned Wednesday an Israeli air strike in Lebanon that killed a Chinese United Nations observer and summoned Israel's ambassador in Beijing to demand an apology.

If adding extra shrapnel to maim people is strategic, I guess I can live with that. But even so, why does nobody seem to upset about it? Everyone is always on Israel's back. I think I've seen one person even mention it, and everyone ignored it completely. I guess like was just stated, it's only ok for the weaker nation to kill civilians. Why not both? Not getting the double standard.

700,000 Palestinians displaced? Alright, should I talk about the estimated 1mil Israeli children living in bomb shelters? Nobody ever wants to talk about that either. Funny how that works.

How about that cease fire everyone wants? Hezbollah had the chance. They were offered an immediate cease fire by Israel for the first week or so. All they had to do was return the two captured soldiers. Now my memory isn't what it used to be, and it's been a long week...but I'm pretty sure that Hezbollah refused to return the captured soldiers. But instead, people blame Israel and the US. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom