1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What the Israelis really think of the UN

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bathsheba666, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow2k

shadow2k Emperor

It's funny how you say there isn't any "concrete" proof. In fact, there's NONE at all that it was even an Israeli shell at this point, let alone a deliberate act by them. If find your "facts" to be nothing more than skewed opinions at this point.

Of course the UN can't do anything to Israel. What is the UN going to do, slap down a resolution tomorrow morning without any proof because the leader made a ridiculous statement without ANY proof? I'm so glad that's not how things work in real life.

Right now, all Israel is doing is defending themselves...and as ironic as it seems, trying to enforce a UN resolution. Not agreeing with their actions is one thing...but what exactly are you going to try and sanction them for? Give me a break, that's ridiculous.

2. shadow2k

shadow2k Emperor

Sadly, it's like the fourth or fifth time I've posted it. I should just make a thread for it.

One of the other major misconceptions is that it's only over two kidnapped soldiers. Everyone tends to forget the 100 rockets fired into Israel that day, and the eight dead soldiers that can't be returned. And the winner of the dumbest question repeatedly asked by the media: "Is this just about the two kidnapped soldiers?" :rolleyes:

3. boarder

boarder King

I have read you say that on another thread I think it was, that they fired them at the same time as the kidnapping was taking place as a diversion.
    Yet you are the only one I have heard this from, could you give me a link to them doing that please as I cant seem to find any information about this, after I admit a quick 5 minute search.
    Not saying I don't believe you, just would like a link or source for it.

4. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Drive-by poster.

What gets me is so many talk about the resolution the US veto'd which nothing to do with Lebanon or Hezbollah and yet they forget 1559 which was passed that told Lebanon to disarm Hezbollah and get them out of Southern Lebanon, what like 6 years ago?:rolleyes:

5. sonorakitch

sonorakitch Overseas hunter

Now now Ramius. I do wish you would have the courage to convey where you live, but I know a lot of international people who like us.:) Especially Angelina Jolie and Natalie Portman...

~Chris

6. kalif

kalif am start

common, israeli troops invaded (or however you want to call it) lebanon on the 12th, directly after hizbollah announced they have kidnapped 2 soldiers. and yes, in relation to the kidnapping, hizbollah started combats and launched rockets at the border. so sure one can say its amongst others because of the kidnapping.

7. boarder

boarder King

No im pretty sure he said, at the same time as the kidnapping there was 100 missiles launched into Israel, which is what im trying to clarify as I have always been lead to believe that the rocket attacks from Hibollah didnt start until after Israel launched strikes and artillery.

8. Leatherneck

I know I heard a report on news radio (which I can't post) of something to that effect. I do not want to swear to it as I was working in a noisy place, if it's true there has to be a news story on it somewhere on the web.

9. kalif

kalif am start

10. shadow2k

shadow2k Emperor

The most interesting source comes from a first hand account. It's a very long thread, but you get first hand accounts from both a Jewish man who lives right on the border, and a Lebanese man who lives in Beirut. Again, very long thread...but a good read if you skim through all the outside posts and just read theirs.

If you search Hezbollah July 12, you'll get all sorts of links for it as well.

11. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

i was being a bit sarcastic, i would still put blame to the person who shot them, not the bystander...i doubt if it wsa intentional, what are the reasons to attack UN? sounds stupid, that wouldn't do much in favor of israel, but it does seem a bit awkward to attack that particular position

on a side note, i think this war with lebannon is a "bad thing" for the united states, i think united states disagrees with it, if only because it distracts the un and the world from iran's nuclear weapon potential, and north korea and their missiles and the possibly of escalating things in an unstable region quickly, but in the end has to agree with it becaue the US was encouraging other countries to defend themselves against a "terrorist threat" and to tell israel to cease fire, would just be contradicting themselves... probably would have been better at a different time for the US

12. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

Well, that puts me in the same situation as kofi annan isnt it ?? Is there a way to find out ?? What if its really by an Israelis warplane ?? will u ready to defend the attack then ??

The UN has slapped Iran and North Korea with USA taking the lead with sanctions and resolutions becoz they did not violate any national law also with concrete proof. Thats how the things work out in real life ?

I see it as excessive force been use and escalation without any long term plan and no regard of human life. We will sanction them for killing 300++ Lebanese civilian ! Whats their worth to u ???

13. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

I live in Singapore actually, some of the posters will know me :D
    And im having hard time liking the USA ever since GWB gets voted into office. Maybe only 49% of the population i think. And im quite sure Angelina Jolie is one of them.

14. shadow2k

shadow2k Emperor

I believe both Iran and NK have not abided by resolutions passed by the UN. If you think it's just the US that is worried about these two nations, perhaps you should take a look around at the other nations and see what they're saying. The majority of nations are not very happy with these two. The US takes the lead, because we're always asked to...just like now.

And then when the US does something, people complain. We don't do something, people complain. The US is in a no win situation. I'm very used to people from other nations complaining about everything we do. It's pretty natural I guess. But the reasoning most of you put forth is often times not very logical, and not based on facts.

And if I could flame Kofi Annan for his statement, I would. Unfortunately, he doesn't post here.

15. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

although they may be unahppy with the two nations, those other countries may not necessarily agree with the manner in which its done, and in this situation those countries have said they dont want anything done that the US is pushing foward.

simliar situation: people who are associated with gangs have weapons that can be dangerous, although different non gang memeber people agree they shouldnt have weapons, and now this other non gang member(chosen to stop this threat) begins to threaten the family of gang member people and kills a few, in order to get the gang members weapons or to stop the gang memeebr threat...

those other poeple dont agree the way the situation was handled or the method it was done in but however did agree inthe beginning that it was not best of the gang memeber had weapons or were a threat...

i think this a "logical" response...:D i disagree with what you say concerning this

16. Leatherneck

You are singing my song Shadow, how many foriegn flags have you seen burnt in the US? I'm sure there has been a couple somewhere but I haven't seen it. You see the US flag being burnt every day around the world, but since we are capitalist thats good that mean flag sales and exports go up ... burning pictures of Bush and all that CRAP .... yep pretty much makes me want run over there and give them a hug and say oh I understand.
    If we do something, we trying to run the world ...
    If we don't we don't care ...
    If we use force it's to much force and we're pickin on small weaker countries and trust me we have far more than we use regardless of what the lefties wackos say.
    What ever we do its wrong ... yeah boo flippin hoo and whooptie-do. We're use to it, just get sick of hearing the same crap over and over. Go worry about Korea and Iran, someone else can handle it, we'll stay here and watch it on news and say ... did you see that Iran bombed who .. where oh well not my problem.

17. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

And the really funny thing is, Both Iran and North Korea developing of nuclear weapons is more politics than actually using it to kill ppl. Unlike what Israel is doing now with 300++ more blood on their hands.

It not about doing things or not doing things, its doing the RIGHT thing that matters. China has been a strong country now and before in the past. It has a very isolated foreign policy. Using more soft power than hard military. And only veto 4 times in the UN wile abstain from most of it.

My complain is simple. Why was Israel not condemn for killing so many civilians ? And still allow to kill more ? With the cease fire prolong 1 more day, more ppl will die in the process. Whats justice for them ?

18. amadeus

amadeus Bring back the Civ2 theme!

You've got to stop drinking that imported Malaysian water, I think it's giving you the crazies. :crazyeye:

We won't know what Iran or North Korea's objectives are until they're fully able to successfully deploy a nuclear weapon.

19. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

although i think north korea may be looking for a fight, but i heard somewhere the best defense is to possess nuclear weapons...scare off everybody, in that case a country doesnt even have to use them:)

20. McManus

McManus Thinkers friend

I think our foreign minister put it quite well... "it seems that Israels precision strikes are hitting everything else except Hizbollah targets.."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.