1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

what total convertion do you want the mod community to work on first?

Discussion in 'CivBE - Requests and Ideas' started by Fabio1701, Aug 13, 2014.

preffered first complete mod you want to see of cbe:

1. Dune

24 vote(s)
  2. SMAC

27 vote(s)
  3. Warhammer 40k

12 vote(s)
  4. Star Trek

2 vote(s)
  5. star wars

9 vote(s)
  6. Battlestar Galactica

0 vote(s)
  7. Marvel Cosmic Universe

4 vote(s)
  8. none if these because I have a better sci-fi idea, namely.....

8 vote(s)
  9. none of these because I hate total mods and/or sci-fi

3 vote(s)
  10. omg they are all so cool I can't decide!

2 vote(s)
  1. T Glenhaber

T Glenhaber Chieftain

Nov 11, 2014
    Dune definitley. Siege worms roam the planet, and you can have a melange mecanic which would help health, as long as you do not lose it.

That aside, I feel like you could make planet of the apes easily by changing the aliens slighty + using a
    Spoiler :
  2. Rayki

Rayki Chieftain

Nov 19, 2014
    I voted Dune mainly because I'm one of the biggest fans I know, having all currently released books by Frank Herbert as well as his son Brian Herbert and his co-author Kevin J. Anderson. I've got every PC game ever released, every movie and series ever produced and I always wish that more people caught on to this amazing piece of advanced sci-fi. The social concepts and theoretical science is amazing to say the least, far beyond anything even considered possible when Frank Herbert first set pen to paper, now we've proven a large amount of the technology is possible, it may even be easier to "fold space" than to break the speed of light, if only we had the energy sources required. ;)

On another note though I can already see how a 40K mod could be very easily done, well easily done for someone who doesn't want to over-complicate it and have the Tyranids behave like creatures from 4 other games (Yes StarCraft was great but seriously people get over the Zerg, it was the faction of the weak minded, spam spam spam that's all I ever saw from Zerg, tehehehe), or changing the game mechanics for one particular sponsor to the next. You'd have to find a perfect balance of flavour and function to pull it off, especially for critical 40K players like myself. ;)
  3. V3N0M

V3N0M Chieftain

Sep 5, 2007
    Something like the final frontier mod for civ 4. I always wanted advance wars style combat with spaceships.
  4. Migrant

Migrant Chieftain

Jan 13, 2010
    Yes! This guy's got it!
    Would work well with this: Dead Planet: Total Terraforming

(Shameless self-promotion ;) )