what total convertion do you want the mod community to work on first?

preffered first complete mod you want to see of cbe:

• Dune

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • SMAC

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Warhammer 40k

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • star wars

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Battlestar Galactica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marvel Cosmic Universe

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • none if these because I have a better sci-fi idea, namely.....

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • none of these because I hate total mods and/or sci-fi

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • omg they are all so cool I can't decide!

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
Dune definitley. Siege worms roam the planet, and you can have a melange mecanic which would help health, as long as you do not lose it.

That aside, I feel like you could make planet of the apes easily by changing the aliens slighty + using a
Spoiler :
earth
map.

I voted Dune mainly because I'm one of the biggest fans I know, having all currently released books by Frank Herbert as well as his son Brian Herbert and his co-author Kevin J. Anderson. I've got every PC game ever released, every movie and series ever produced and I always wish that more people caught on to this amazing piece of advanced sci-fi. The social concepts and theoretical science is amazing to say the least, far beyond anything even considered possible when Frank Herbert first set pen to paper, now we've proven a large amount of the technology is possible, it may even be easier to "fold space" than to break the speed of light, if only we had the energy sources required. ;)

On another note though I can already see how a 40K mod could be very easily done, well easily done for someone who doesn't want to over-complicate it and have the Tyranids behave like creatures from 4 other games (Yes StarCraft was great but seriously people get over the Zerg, it was the faction of the weak minded, spam spam spam that's all I ever saw from Zerg, tehehehe), or changing the game mechanics for one particular sponsor to the next. You'd have to find a perfect balance of flavour and function to pull it off, especially for critical 40K players like myself. ;)

Top Bottom