What Video Games Have You Been Playing #15: Computer not on fire yet? Better add more mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ! Thanks for the review @Moff Jerjerrod ! I've been eyeing new MoO for some time now and I think I'll give it a go , so thanks ! :)

It won't be as good as Battle at Antares. :)

Haha! Yes I see what you mean. I will change this in my original post. ;)

I have not been able to stop myself from playing even when nature calls and I just can't hold it anymore. No game since Civ5 has done that for me in a long time.

I gave you a 'Like' just for this comment. :lol:

Anybody finish A Firelit Room? I was really into the game, then did a bit of googling and it seems like the game is much bigger than I expected. It was a turn off for some reason as I don't want to make a huge commitment just to finish a casual game. It's fun and intriguing but not 40 hours of fun and intriguing.

Still playing League of Legends a lot. Trying to make friends and reach platinium rank.

I LOVE VIDEO GAMES!!!!

Anybody finish A Firelit Room? I was really into the game, then did a bit of googling and it seems like the game is much bigger than I expected. It was a turn off for some reason as I don't want to make a huge commitment just to finish a casual game. It's fun and intriguing but not 40 hours of fun and intriguing.

I finished the original browser version of A Dark Room in a couple of days when leaving a tab open at work, but I couldn't finish the Google Store version on my phone (presumably due to a bug). I haven't tried the fancy Apple Store version with colours and all.

It won't be as good as Battle at Antares. :)

So far I've been enjoying it ! Moff was right , it has that special "one more turn" feeling ! :) The battle is simplified and lacks that tactical depth - perhaps later in game when fleets are gonna be bigger I'll have some more options, so far I've only fought small pirate frigates. The overall strategy screen is somewhat lacking - I miss some kind of "civilopedia" The ship design is allright but it lacks weapon modifiers description. Despise this issues I have, I really enjoy it. :)

Last edited:
I finished the original browser version of A Dark Room in a couple of days when leaving a tab open at work, but I couldn't finish the Google Store version on my phone (presumably due to a bug). I haven't tried the fancy Apple Store version with colours and all.
Ok I'll give it another go. I spent a few hours saving up resources so I'm set to go off and explore. It's just that the exploring can be quite tedious and the map is huge and I believe randomized so guides aren't super useful. I have the sit saved in my bookmark bar and the bookmark is subtitled 'a firelit room' so I always think that's the name. My bad.

The biggest thing you need to watch out for is having sufficient weapons and supplies with you. If you carry multiple weapons, you get multiple attacks. Another thing is that if you travel on the roads, you don't get encounters.

The biggest thing you need to watch out for is having sufficient weapons and supplies with you. If you carry multiple weapons, you get multiple attacks. Another thing is that if you travel on the roads, you don't get encounters.
I knew about the roads and the importance of carrying gear. I did not realize though that additional weapoons give you additional attacks. Does each attack have a separate cooldown?

Yes, but if you carry a spear, a sword, a katana and a rifle, you can essentially loop through them all nearly as fast as you can prod the screen. I think that even the iron and steel swords are considered separate attacks.

A random thought I had while playing some New Vegas: It would be much more realistic if the damage a particular weapon does was determined by the ammunition it fired rather than the weapon itself.

Or, even more realistically, have base damage be determined by the ammunition being fired with modifiers determined by the type of gun that's firing it. Maybe even have a mechanic where you can rechamber a gun to fire different types of ammunition. For example: in real life, an AR-15 can be chambered to fire anything from .22s to 7.62s and beyond. Obviously an AR that fires 9mm is going to perform much differently than one that fires 6.5mm.

I just think it'd be cool, especially in a post-apocalyptic setting, for that kind of stuff to be represented in games somehow.

So I'm a little confused.

Spoiler Fallout 3 spoilers and questions :
So I had to go to Vault 87. The front door was inaccessible if you manage to get past the radiation long enough, so the only way is through Little Lamplight. So I went to Paradise Falls and saved all the kids and slaves in the pen (except the old deaf guy). Then I killed all the slavers.

So I go back to Little Lamplight and fix the computer to go into Vault 87. And I get Fawkes to get me the G.E.C.K.

Then....Colonel Autumn shows up. Except I saw him die at the water purifier. And how did he even get past all the radiation at the front door and get the INACCESSIBLE door open? After convincing President Eden to blow up the base and getting Fawkes as a follower, I went back to Little Lamplight and there weren't any dead kids.

Honestly, in the web-version I just punched everything and carried 3-4 bolas to tangle an enemy if they were being too fast. It meant I could carry more food and bring back more goodies. The weapons had a fixed damage anyways and if you level up punching enough it gets very strong.

So I'm a little confused.

The "Biggest" question for Little Lamplight is .... Where do those kids come from ? If there are no adults how do they manage to keep their population ? They accept orphans ? They lived for 200+ years due to a strange mutation ? They spawn in a pond ? questions , questions ?, questions ! :D

A random thought I had while playing some New Vegas: It would be much more realistic if the damage a particular weapon does was determined by the ammunition it fired rather than the weapon itself.

Or, even more realistically, have base damage be determined by the ammunition being fired with modifiers determined by the type of gun that's firing it. Maybe even have a mechanic where you can rechamber a gun to fire different types of ammunition. For example: in real life, an AR-15 can be chambered to fire anything from .22s to 7.62s and beyond. Obviously an AR that fires 9mm is going to perform much differently than one that fires 6.5mm.

I just think it'd be cool, especially in a post-apocalyptic setting, for that kind of stuff to be represented in games somehow.
This is how Fallout 4 works more or less. You can rechamber different guns for different ammunition. This modifies damage, which itself also changes with the gun.

The "Biggest" question for Little Lamplight is .... Where do those kids come from ? If there are no adults how do they manage to keep their population ? They accept orphans ? They lived for 200+ years due to a strange mutation ? They spawn in a pond ? questions , questions ?, questions ! :D

I just assumed that Big Town sent their kids there. :dunno:

I'm really liking my Metamorph character. He is a dual ax wielding juggernaut, with 6 endurance charges, 4 frenzy charges using frost blades. I have been using Ancestral protector to beef up single targets, but I discovered that if I added a vaal ancestral warchief, I could drop both totems at the same time. So now I use both, with culling strike and the multiple totem support, doubling each. Plop plop fizz fizz and four totems are in action. So far I can facetank every metamorph and drop them in about 15 seconds and pretty much ignore anything else in the room/area. It has been great fun in spite of not knowing exactly how the atlas is best exploited. I'm only into yellow maps atm.

I just assumed that Big Town sent their kids there. :dunno:

Oh I get it :) So it's basicawwy just a big kindergarten where kids go to pway with their waser wifles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom