Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Late Galactic Civil War

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Jedi Civil War Era

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • I'd rather not do a scenerio

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
The reason I'm deciding between C++ or Python is because both of those languages are used to code (and therefore mod) Civ 4. It's pretty much the only reason i have at this point to learn how to code.

In other news, you sound like a coder. any interest in star wars?

Hmm... perhaps, I'll speak with you towards the end of the week, when work becomes less "all employees die now"

Soo... is anyone going to answer my question? I wanted to restart the naboo scenario from scratch.

sounds good popcornlord, i'll be able to help and participate once uni semester exams are over midway through next week =)

one problem you'll have, which none have mentioned in this thread/poll is, what civ expansion this will be for. my money is on bts.

The Naboo scenario was for BTS, and I always thought we would do that. It's really a choice of wider audience or more features. I say BTS.

so do I. I don't think the audience issue will be much of an issue, as bts was such a good expansion i think most people would have got it

the one problem with trying to do the space battles is that FF is a universal scale not a galactic

ps wasn't KoTOR based on the jedi civil war

maybe i wasn't clear enough ff was on a universal scale (you have multiple galaxies) but star wars focused on a massive but single galaxy.

Wikipedia-A galaxy is a massive, gravitationally bound system consisting of stars, an interstellar medium of gas and dust, and dark matter.
based on this description i would be able to prove which one of us is right but mmy bts isn't working for me to tell

FF is a few star systems. Not even remotely approaching galactic scale.

For the eventual non-scenario gameplay it will be best to adapt similar abstracted view where only the most important planets are represented. Even then it's hard to make interstellar and ground combat coexist.

So we have something to talk about, I don't think we ever decided on how we're going to do space and land. I personally like the 2 different maps idea, one for land and one for the galaxy, if it's codable. Any opinions?

As I said before, we're probably going to do this if it's codable. If it's not, I still don't like using FF because of a lack of ground battles (And everyone wants sith vs. jedi battles).
I always saw FF as an abstract version of space. there are only a few/a dozen systems laid out randomly in a world where X and Y wrap. You could make it more realistic with map scripts, but there are still some more abstract things (Admittedly most space 4X games do it, but still...)
And to answer BB's earlier question, yes KOTOR was based on the jedi civil war. Actually it's the reason I included it while forgetting about other important wars.

yeah it was the aftermath of that war

P.S. :why not have jar jar as,if nothing else, "bantha poodoo" (bantha fodder) or a punching bag so you have an enemy to beat the pure crap out of. better yet maybe like a tutorial enemy (provided this is different enough from the rest of civ IV or for noobs who come across this mod)

So anyways, who's doing what now. I've started on remaking the mod, but I'm wondering what everyone else is doing/is about to do.

Top Bottom