When is first patch for Civ VI coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Spies - boring, useless and a micromanagement hell.
2. Trade routes - somewhat interesting with the roads, but also a micromanagement hell. Just get me a "repeat this action" button...
3. Religion - what's the point really? Is it in the game because it is fun or because Firaxis had to check that feature off? I don't see the fun...
4. AI - I dont mind a stupid AI because we have never had a good AI in a strategy game... still this AI went full ******...
5. UI - fighting the userinterface is the real battle...
6. Exploits - buy armies and sell them for more... infinite gold... really good in multiplayer :)

1. Really? How many spies do you have? MM-hell looks different to me!
2. Repeat action button is fine! I'm with you on this - But again: MM-hell? :hmm: Nope... Especially not if your Repeat button is used and when the UI-problems are solved (sort routes by yields, destination, duration etc.) - this needs to get adressed! Preferably in a patch but surely with a mod... - maybe together with an option to change starting cities and start of route in one turn (income starts one turn later than action)
3. Again: Really? To me it's no question it's an important part of Civilization in RL AND helps you shape your civ gamewise....
4. yep! ;)
5. sorting of tables would be awesome - shortkey to Cityscreen etc. - agreed. But those are minor annoyances, not a big problem. To me I get along quite well although there's much space for improvement (You're exaggerating):)
6. to me that's a bug and will be fixed in the first patch! (Bad exploit - don't use it!)

Trade routes should:
1. Keep going indefinitely, until manually stopped or until broken by an opponent in some way (ie. city taken over).
2. Automatically update changes to the route (additional districts constructed, civics, etc.). I don't know if it does this already, but it seemed that it does not.
3. On the topic of manually stopping a route, a player should be able to disconnect a route and reassign whenever desired. Or at the very least, any time after a turn or two of use.

1. No, please, just no!! Takes away meaning and impact of decision which TR to establish. And you'd forget about them or have to MM every few turns... If Trade-screens and UI gets improved we're good!
2. It does.
3. see number 1!

I have no clue if they read or not but reading and acting on what you read are different, anyway firaxis is one of the worst EVER companies as to how they manage their product, they still make stupid betas in 2016, all is secret, no plans, no communication, all this is so obsolete it laughable.
I think Firaxis is quite good at long term support for their product. Patching and ironing stuff for a long while after release. Am I wrong? Maybe it's because I mix up official and mod-support - I'm not that deep into it. My last experiences with Firaxis are XCOM II, CiV and now CiVI and I'm confident... OTOH I'm not as active in any other gaming community and might simply just not see efforts of other players in the market... :)

I'm not playing til I get a patch. In my first game that I spent 20 hours on, I now can't capture any city. I don't have time to spend 20 hours finding out if I can finish the game. It's basically a saved game corruption, which are the very worst kind of bugs.

Nowhere have I said they align with my opinion.
Nor did Haggbart, to whom you initially replied, state that he dismissed the relevance of user meteoritic scores simply because they differed from his opinion. Your reply reduced his statement to that.

It is just the average people's opinion and a rating based on 600+ review is relevant, even if you don't like it.
....Like so.

Last edited:
Bigger map, more opponents, longer time for AI to setup? Enough said... ;)
But BF1 seems to be good though. So maybe it's winwin...
Yeah, I don't get concluding that a game is busted because you loaded a tiny map and beat nearby opponents with an early rush. High difficulty doesn't really preclude that.

I think Firaxis is quite good at long term support for their product. Patching and ironing stuff for a long while after release. Am I wrong? Maybe it's because I mix up official and mod-support - I'm not that deep into it. My last experiences with Firaxis are XCOM II, CiV and now CiVI and I'm confident... OTOH I'm not as active in any other gaming community and might simply just not see efforts of other players in the market... :)

So I will give you the example of Paradox (kind of similar games, played for years). Every week (or almost) there is so call Dev Diary. They discuss gameplay, what is working as desired, what needs to be addressed and imporved. Every week, even years after the release.

XCOM2 is great game, love it, but very different to CIV realese. First of all it was finished. There was no need to change gameplay, complete redisign, write AI behaviour (as far as I remeber just to improve performance on some machines). DLCs of XCOM do what they should do - expand gameplay (new class, new weapons), but do not make game playable, it was since start. Game is demanding (and was since realese) even on lower levels (2nd). If you havent played XCOM before, no way you can finish it just like that. Wining on highest level require tons of thinking, experince... and at least some luck (love it). What could be imporved in XCOM1 is improved, CIV does not do that (we were sold game with worse AI is comparing to 5). Thus making comparisons between those 2 is not relevant and I do not know why. XCOM was finished and good, while CIV is not. And really I do not have idea why there are different aproaches of the same studio to their games.

So I will give you the example of Paradox (kind of similar games, played for years). Every week (or almost) there is so call Dev Diary. They discuss gameplay, what is working as desired, what needs to be addressed and imporved. Every week, even years after the release.

XCOM2 is great game, love it, but very different to CIV realese. First of all it was finished. There was no need to change gameplay, complete redisign, write AI behaviour (as far as I remeber just to improve performance on some machines). DLCs of XCOM do what they should do - expand gameplay (new class, new weapons), but do not make game playable, it was since start. Game is demanding (and was since realese) even on lower levels (2nd). If you havent played XCOM before, no way you can finish it just like that. Wining on highest level require tons of thinking, experince... and at least some luck (love it). What could be imporved in XCOM1 is improved, CIV does not do that (we were sold game with worse AI is comparing to 5). Thus making comparisons between those 2 is not relevant and I do not know why. XCOM was finished and good, while CIV is not. And really I do not have idea why there are different aproaches of the same studio to their games.

Exactly this, xcom was perfectly playable at release and it was a overall good game as it was.
Now I do understand the a complex strategy cant really be that ready day 1, I get it... then you MUST do a good public beta, even if closed or whatever, and you MUST communicate what is going on, there is absolutely no reason not to.

Also to mention its not lijke they dont talk but work hard, the civ5 post launch was super bad, the patch never came and were very very thin compared to what was needed, not talking about an intire aspect of thej game missing (multi) and later we got to know that firaxis didnt even give a penny to develop multi lol.

Now we are in the same boat again, sure civ 6 is much much better than 5 at release but there is A LOT needed and most of it could have been avoided with a serious beta.
Not talking about the BIG LIE about multiplayer that is exactly the same crap it was in civ5 apparently and no real plan about it.

So end of the story is that they dont talk cause they cant say anything good, they just want to monetize as much as they can not caring to deliver the best game possible, so they do the minimum to make the game viable.

So end of the story is that they dont talk cause they cant say anything good, they just want to monetize as much as they can not caring to deliver the best game possible, so they do the minimum to make the game viable.

I think the same, they have got nothing good to say. I believe that 1st patch will solve exploits, improve UI, maybe balance some mechanics, but to improve the AI, which is the far biggets issue, there are thousands of hours to work left.

Last edited:
1. No, please, just no!! Takes away meaning and impact of decision which TR to establish. And you'd forget about them or have to MM every few turns... If Trade-screens and UI gets improved we're good!
2. It does.
3. see number 1!

I can tell that you don't play multiplayer, or with timers at all, because my suggestions only matters if time is restricted. I'm fine with microing everything, but if things aren't streamlined it makes the time taken into a chaotic mess. This is especially true late in the game when you start exceeding 20 trade routes.

Last edited:
Let's just patch up the franchise and go back to playing CIV, it limited expansion-mongers (like myself), but otherwise was simply a Great Game (to play).

I think they need to add a unit list. It is very hard to find one of my unit where your empire is sprawling accros entire map.

I think they need to add a unit list. It is very hard to find one of my unit where your empire is sprawling accros entire map.
There is (sort of hidden) unit list - click on the name of any unit in the little unit pop out menu (I mean the box at the bottom when a unit is selected), and it brings up a scroll list of all you units. It definitely could have a lot more though.

Getting some sort of a 2.1gb patch right now...no idea what it is and no news or notes so far.

They added an AMD splashscreen to sit through and a new DX12 launch option for Windows 10 users, which requires a Maxwell or newer GPU.

I am running a Titan Black which is not compatible with the DX12 mode (as the game warned). Display driver crashed as soon as the game loaded, but interestingly Civ gave a popup about it and closed out of the game. +1 To Firaxis for gracefully handling driver issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom