Which Civ's First Look Video Will We Get next? (Week of July 25)

Which Civ's First Look Video Will We Get Week next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe the Rome leak wasn't intentional - it was dark screen after all and editors could easily miss that. Just like the leader board bingo, or the zoom-able Aztec city name.
It's very probable that they misunderstood the power of CSI-like intelligence here.
So far I think the deliberate teaser is only France's chateau.. so I'm guessing France
I want to see French players' reaction too when/if de'Medici is officially confirmed :mischief:

The idea that the Rome leak was an accident would suggest that Firaxis really did not know what they were doing. They were pointing a camera right at the screen after all; surely they could not have unintentionally put that screen there:D!

On the subject of religious civs; the Aztecs could fit the bill I think.

Edit: Just to clarify something; I noticed that this poll says it is for the week of the 25th,which is not what I intended this poll to be for. I originally meant this poll to be what will the next Civ to be revealed, whether that is next week or the week after, not what video will be released next week. If anyone has ticked 'other' because they don't think a Civ will be revealed next week, that is not what I meant the 'other' box for. Had this been a poll for next week's video, I should have included options such as religion and espionage alongside Civ choices. In fact I likely wouldn't have individually listed civilizations, because, from the sounds of things, it is unlikely a Civ will be revealed anyway.

If they don't start to 'distill' the rarest civs , they will run out of 'classic' to show and we'll be left with each week one of the new guy which would be a bit strange.

I go with one of the 'new' guy , let's say scythian (pure random)

For today's video (in approx. 7 hours) I don't expect anything new.

It'll probably be about agendas...

For today's video (in approx. 7 hours) I don't expect anything new.

It'll probably be about agendas...
I feel like it's gonna be music or city states envoys. Could still be surprised.

People are like assuming it's going to be another Art thingy but it's not, the Art thing was teased at the end of the Meet the Deam, there was NOTHING teased at the end of Art thing.

I also think they will revert back to the 1 civ and 1 mechanic pattern they had before Japan's sudden appearance.

At this stage we no longer have any Civ other than tiny snippets that would probably be fitting with a full mechanic first look.

People are like assuming it's going to be another Art thingy but it's not, the Art thing was teased at the end of the Meet the Deam, there was NOTHING teased at the end of Art thing.

I also think they will revert back to the 1 civ and 1 mechanic pattern they had before Japan's sudden appearance.

At this stage we no longer have any Civ other than tiny snippets that would probably be fitting with a full mechanic first look.

I agree with every part of this. Getting 2 civs in one week has only happened once and doesn't constitute a trend.

Wel I wouldn't mind if they give us something else than a Civ, as long as it's not again 90% recycling of what we already know, showing china gameplay.

Wel I wouldn't mind if they give us something else than a Civ, as long as it's not again 90% recycling of what we already know, showing china gameplay.

This. As much as I would love a new civ first look, any new info at all on the numerous game mechanics we still know nothing about is welcome.

I'm more and more skeptical regarding those types of threads... There are no patterns in Firaxis annoucements of civs :p

I'm more and more skeptical regarding those types of threads... There are no patterns in Firaxis annoucements of civs :p

The prevalent pattern thus far is that they appear on Tuesday and Thursday except when Monday is a holiday in the US.

Otherwise anything goes.

I guess in a way I was right also, when I guessed next announced civ would be Aztecs. :mischief: Well, for next week, then it seems Rome is a good guess. We've had two Asian civs and two American civs now, but only one European and African. Given the teaser of Rome in that video, it seems like a good guess. Alternatively Germany.

Top Bottom