1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which civs would you like to see in the possible next expansion?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by altayrneto, Oct 31, 2018.

1. c4c6

c4c6 Prince

Babylonia even today usurps the Right of the first Night, uhhmm, I mean, the Right of the first Civic ...

2. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

I'm well aware... :)

Greywulf likes this.
  3. Vahnstad

Vahnstad King

It seems unlikely we will get a third expansion, and there are still people asking for Canada... We don't even have Maya's and Inca?

CPWimmer, Guandao and Greywulf like this.
  4. jddods

jddods Prince

I'm not a big fan of modern nations as civilisations, including USA. I always leave them to last. Although I can understand why one might like their own country represented. Give me Babylon, Parthians and Maori, leave out the Canada, Cuba and New Zealand.

5. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

I think (or perhaps just hope) that there are going to be three expansions total. With that in mind, I also think we're going to get a balance of classic civs and surprises, with the remaining so-called classic civs introduced in the third and final expansion. Assuming 8 new civs like in Rises & Fall:
    1. Maori/Polynesia (based off leaked photos)
    2. The Ottomans OR the Byzantines*
    3. The Inca OR the Maya*
    4. Mali OR Ethiopia*
    5. Italy (or a specific Italian city state)
    6. Babylon
    7. Carthage OR Morocco*
    8. Nepal/Mughals/Vietnam (something new to represent Asia)
    *The exclusion saved for the next expansion.

If this were the case, I'd expect the third expansion to have the four excluded civs, plus Portugal, another North American native tribe, and a couple of wild cards.

Guandao and WillowBrook like this.
  6. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

Assuming 8 new civilizations and 1 alternate leader:

1. Tonga OR Maori (based on the leak)
    2. Carthage OR Berber (based on the ship)
    3. Inca (give Mapuche someone to fight against)
    4. Maya (give Aztec someone to play with) OR Iroquois
    5. Turks (please don't call it Ottoman, dear FXS. You did well with St. Basil Cathedral, don't ruin it.)
    6. Babylon OR Hatussa (lest Babylon might looks too similar to Gilgabro)
    7. Portugal OR Genoa (Portugal is a great exploration civilization, but there's Brazil and Congo (Angola) to represent the Lusophone already)
    8. Vietnam

Tbh I'd rather hope we won't see FXS' version of Iceland, Ethiopia or the likes so there will be more variety. Directly competing your modder, especially one that create 3D animated leader, is not a good idea.

7. Haig

Haig Deity

I think last two poster's (ferretbacon and BenZL43) lists are pretty close what we are getting, they are divided between continents, have old + new civs and support having female leaders as well.

WillowBrook likes this.
  8. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I won't predict which will be the 8 Civs in this expansion, I'll just state which Civs I would like to see.

The Civs I would like to see the most in this expansion:
    Babylon
    Byzantines
    Carthage
    Ethiopia (deserves an official Civ, regardless of Sukritact's mod)
    Inca
    Mali
    Maya
    Ottomans
    Polynesia/Maori
    Portugal

Civs that I wouldn't mind seeing:
    Afghanistan, Ashanti, Assyria, Benin, Bulgaria, Dahomey, Gaul, Hittites, Hungary, Ireland, Iroquois/or Powhatan, Italy, Madagascar, Morocco, Muisca, Muscogee/or Choctaw, Romania, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Vietnam

The rest of the Civs on my wishlist seem unlikely.

Ryansinbela and Xandinho like this.
  9. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I don't think that is necessarily a good idea to go off of. If Firaxis ends up making new gameplay mechanics that would definitely fit an Ethiopia Civ, I would much rather see an official one, no matter how good the mod might be right now.

Xandinho likes this.
  10. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe Chieftain

From Americas: (Pre-Colombus)
    • Guarani (but with the unique units of Paraguay of the Paraguayan war of 1864-1870)
    • Zapotec, Toltecs, and Olmecs (Yes, we need more Mesoamerican civilizations)
    • Inca and Mayas (They I believe is coming soon)
    • Chan Chan, Nazca, and Chavin (Some civilizations pre-incaica are also important because America's history don't begun when Colombus arrive in the Caribe)
    • Iroquois (Actually they are rly important to human history because the concept of the federation was inspired after them)
    • Apaches or Navajos, and Sioux (They are the best representants of the wild west, actually I don't like that the much Shoshone civilization)
    • Tupinambas (If the game put a lot of USA Native Americans, they also can put the most important Native American from Brazil :D)
    From Americas: (After Colombus)
    • Gran-Colombia (The Libertador Simon Bolivar conquer more land than Napoleon at the same moment of history, he deserve to be a civ)
    • Argentina (San Martin is also a huge Libertador who comes from the south, maybe he can be added after an amazing Scenario of the war of Latin American independence)
    • Haiti (Not just an amazing history of independence, but also be the only representation of the Black American civilization)
    • Cuba (They had a big participation in human history after the revolution and I believe Fidel Castro can be an amazing civ)
    From Africa:
    • Ethiopia, Carthage, and Marrocco (I believe they come soon)
    • Mali (For me he is more interesting than Songhai and can't have both because they share the same cities)
    • Dahomey (We need to put at least some slavery kingdom, anyone has a history more linked with slavery as Dahomey and also they had the Ahosi warriors "Amazons of Dahomey" who will be amazing in the game)
    • Ashante and Oyo (They also was slavery kingdoms but have more in their history than that and can come in the same expansion of Dahomey to make less awkward to put a slavery kingdom with slavery bonus)
    • Mwenemutapa (Anyone knows who build the Great Zimbabwe, but when the first european arrive in the area that is the kingdom who controls the area. If put some civ to be the Zimbabwe leader better they then a generic Great Zimbabwe Kingdom with Robert Mugabe as the leader :lol:)
    • Swahili (They never was united as an Empire but have many city-states with a common language who still spoken in Tanzania and Kenya and some African city-states of Civilization series are from this people as Sofala and Zanzibar)
    • Chad (The lake empire, maybe don't have a huge appeal as a civilization, but as Aztec don't have more bonus to settle cities next lake, maybe Chad can replace that)
    • Uganda (Actually I want to see at least ONE modern African state in this game, c'mon, after Australia that can be possible! And anyone has more charisma {in my opinion} than Idi Amin to become a Civ)
    From Asia:
    • Israel (That the only civ can easily have unique units from ancient era and atomic era! I don't understand why they aren't in the game already)
    • Timurid Empire (Founded by Timur, a guy who says is a descendant of Genghis Khan AND Mohammed at the same time, he is just a BADASS of his time)
    • Mughal and Maratha (India history is so cool to just have a civilization called India, that are the last two empires before the British Raj, they are good to start to put more diversity civs in the subcontinent of India)
    • Ottoman (That I believe is coming soon)
    • Vietnam (They have a special history enough to be a civ)
    • Assyria and Hittite (Actually I like bronze age civilizations, but I don't want Babylon in a game who has Sumeria, in my mind is one or another)
    From Europe:
    • Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Portugal, Celts, Veneze (That's civilization who was in the Civ 5)
    • Yugoslavia (Actually I want to play with General Tito :mischief:)
    • Vatican (In the middle of middle ages the Papal States was huge and strong, that will amazing to play as a Pope)
    • Wallachia/Romania (Just to be able to play with de DRACULA as civ! Wallachia and Romania is the same, but in the Dracula's time Wallachia was the name of the kingdom)
    • Bulgaria (They also have a kingdom who gives many headaches to the Byzantine empire)
    • Al-Andalus (Muslim Spain was ruled by Umayyad caliphate when the Islamic world was ruled by the Abbasids, so that make them so special at the time)
    • Visigoths, Ostrogoths or Vandals (Will be rly fun if is possible to play with at least one of the barbarian Germanic people who destroy Roma)
    • Ps. I'm against Byzantine in this game, for me, they are the same of Roman Empire.
    From Oceania:
    • Hawaii (Was cool in civ5 play with Polynesia and all civs in one but will also be cool be able to play with each one separately)
    • Tonga (I discover they in Civ5 Polynesia Scenario and I'm sure they deserve to become a civ)
    • Fiji (As Tonga they also have a kingdom and this kind of stuff)
    • Maori (Of course because of the Hakka stuff)
    • Rapa Nui (That is the one who will build the Moais)
    • Australian Aboriginal (I don't know enough to speak any civ from there, but I believe need to have at least one to be a real fair game)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Xandinho likes this.
  11. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Chan Chan? do you mean Chimu? The Nazca and Chavin are impossible to add, because we have no clue about their leaders or languages.
    Chad is a lake empire? Do you mean Kanem-Bornu?
    Babylon isn't the same as Sumeria :rolleyes:, Civ6's Sumeria is a horrible representation of a Mesopotamian Civ, more like an Epic of Gilgamesh Civ. The only real Sumerian elements are the war-cart and ziggurat. You can say that Assyria is the same as Sumeria, going by your logic.
    Byzantines are different from the Roman Empire! They were the Eastern Half who survived and became Hellenized. I know people are proposing them being folded into Rome, but I would like for them to be separate.

I'm not going to take someone who wants Idi Amin as a Civ leader seriously.......

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Alexander's Hetaroi and j51 like this.
  12. Michaelf7777777

Michaelf7777777 Chieftain

Assuming that there are 8 new civilizations and 1 alternate leader, these are the civilizations and leaders that I would want in the expansion:

New Civilizations

Byzantines - Anna Dalassene
    Ethiopia - Taytu Betul
    Hittites - Puduhepa
    Maori - Hongi Hika
    Maya - Wak Chanil Ajaw
    Ottomans - Selim I
    Portugal - John II
    Vietnam - Trung Trac and Trung Nhi

Alternate Leader

England - AEthelflaed

13. Vahnstad

Vahnstad King

Possibly for a third expansion if the leaked list is true (Canada, Sweden, Hungary, Phoenicia, Inca, Ottomans, Maori, Mali and Eleanor)

Byzantium
    Portugal
    Maya
    Muisca
    Ethiopia
    Navajo or Apache
    Babylon
    Vietnam
    alt. Old Egyptian leader

altayrneto likes this.
  14. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

I doubt they will do a third expansion given Ed's talk (earlier, pre-Rise and Fall) of a 3-year support timeline for Civ VI.

If the rumors about Canada, Hungary and Sweden are true (let alone Eleanor), then the second expansion was even more Europe/West-centric than expected. Ah well. At least we will get the Inca, Maori, and Mali.

15. nunor

nunor King

I see most people here are just ignoring the leaked list of leaders when stating their choice for "guaranteed" civs. Is it because you think the list is fake, or because you think it is horrible and you'd rather not even entertain the idea that it is true?

(God, I hope it is not true)

16. Vahnstad

Vahnstad King

Most have posted their preferences before the leaks.

I doubt it as well, and given the content of CIV VI we had, it increases the likelihood that the second expansion is the latest one.

altayrneto and TahamiTsunami like this.
  17. Ornen

Ornen Warlord

I'm a little disappointed by the new civs – still going for C-grade Eastern Euro civs over bigtime picks like Austria and Venice, and adding ANOTHER Anglo country, when regions like Western Africa are still seriously underrepresented. And still no Portugal

SelmanV and nunor like this.
  18. nunor

nunor King

Oh, that's right. I arrived late to the party so I wasn't aware of the timeline.

So, what is the general opinion on the leaked list? I now see there was a poll for that but it was locked.

19. chazzycat

chazzycat Deity

I don't see any reason not to believe that leak. I mean the guys username was a play on words for the expansion title, he made MULTIPLE 100% correct predictions, and was banned today...all signs point to a legit leaker

20. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Yeah. I don't know the story behind that poster, but it's all very convincing. Guess we'll see within the first couple of first looks how accurate he was.