Which language would you like to learn?

What language would you most like to learn?

• Spanish

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • French

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Italian

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • German

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Dutch

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Polish

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Russian

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Greek

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Latin

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • a Scandinavian language

• A Celtic language(in this case, traditional scottish, irish etc.)

• Mandarin

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Japanese

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Korean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shanghainese

• Cantonese

• Vietnamese

• Arabic

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Farsi/Persian

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Hindu

• Hebrew

• Other Americas Dialect

• Other European Dialect

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Other African Dialect

• Other Asian dialect

• Total voters
Woo! Shanghainese is in this poll :)

Uh, I guess Japanese, since if I go into business it'll be along the Pacific Rim.

For work: Romanian or Arabic would be useful.
Romanian is probably a bit more realistic as I already speak French and some Italian. I can understand Spanish sort of ( I have Spanish housemates).

Two things I have to do today are review expense claims with receipts in Arabic and do up an invoice in English and Arabic.

Socially: Polish so I could chat to the blonde girls here in Galway.

I'd like to learn Swedish, seeing as my girlfriend is Swedish. Next to that, I've put some effort into (Brazilian) Portuguese but truly - my Dutch tongue and throat do not seem to love that language very much :p

Aside from the languages I'm already learning, I would like to learn Pali to give me access to Theravada Buddhist literature in its original form.

Also, then I can be like my idol Queen Victoria who also learned an Indian language. I really like India too.

I'd like to learn how to speak an Eastern European language like Polish.

You forgot sign language; I would prefer to learn it.

It would be useful in loud places and so on...

i'd love to speak or at least be able to read all of them...
but since that's not possible: spanish and russian because that covers a good part of world literature...

Actually now that you mention it, sign language would be very useful.

For work: Romanian or Arabic would be useful.
Romanian is probably a bit more realistic as I already speak French and some Italian. I can understand Spanish sort of ( I have Spanish housemates).

Two things I have to do today are review expense claims with receipts in Arabic and do up an invoice in English and Arabic.

Socially: Polish so I could chat to the blonde girls here in Galway.

you live in Galway and youre targeting Poles? what about the brazilians man????

I can speak English, Chinese and Bahasa Indonesia. I'm learning French and Spanish now. I want to learn Japanese if I can spare the time, partly because knowledge of Chinese should make it easier. I'm interested in German, but I think I won't be able to learn it anytime soon. I like speaking many languages :)

They're in Gort about an hour away - though you have a point - A romance language would be easier.

Why is that Gort is so popular with Brazilian immigrants? Seems kind of random that they'd go to Gort in such disproportionate numbers.

I said Arabic, purely because I don't want to.

Voted for Spanish, though I've already learnt some of it on my own. I already speak Finnish, English, Swedish and German.

I want to learn Japanese if I can spare the time, partly because knowledge of Chinese should make it easier.

It should help your reading but they are actually remarkably different considering the shared history. I've always heard that Chinese = easier to comprehend, harder to say and Japanese = easier to say, harder to comprehend; at least for English/Dutch speakers from a syntactical standpoint. Regardless, Japanese is a remarkably easy language, in my opinion, and that coupled with 120 million native speakers makes it worth learning.

I voted Japanese because i always wanted to go there but i would like to learn Irish and Cherokee for cultural reasons:cool:

Top Bottom