Which major empire was your current area once a part of?

Which empire?

• Total voters
No one here is from the former USSR? I guess that surprises me a little. (I assume "Russian" in the poll is meant to cover any and all eras of Russian history.)

I voted both Spanish and French for Oklahoma. Though technically Napoleon wasn't emperor until 1804, this region was part of the Louisiana Purchase, so he ruled it from 1800 to 1803. (and, of course, the French ruled it until they gave it to Spain in the 1760s.

Not counting Carolus Magnus, Catalonia was formally annexed to France in 1812 in a last ditch effort to gain the loyalty of someone this side of the Pyrenees.

As a compromise, I've added Habsburg/HRE as a poll option, but I've also enabled changing your vote, so that you can now vote for one of the German-speaking empires if you wish.

I was doing biggest by land area and wanted a certain percentage of people to have to pick none of the above. But whatever.

Seem very bad that a moderator changes a users poll like this against his wishes

Austin, Texas, was once located within the boundaries of the Viceroyalty of New Spain. French Louisiana included bits of the state but I didn't check that.

How do you make a poll like that and not include the Roman Empire or even a Other option ?
Anyway: Rome and HRE.

Why isn't the Roman Empire a choice? And why do you only have two choices?

Seems to have messed up the poll after the fact; I selected "none of the above" before the change, now it says I selected Habsburg/HRE.
yea same

you can change your vote, but I imagine most of those that have voted aren't keen on coming back to make sure their votes are in order

I'm part of the American Empire as I type this, so I voted None of the Above.

Why so little choice in the OP?
My home town, count multiple empires: Roman, Bizantine, French, German (HRE), Habsburg, Austro-Hungarian, Italian.
not an empire but I would like to add The Most Serene Republic of Venice.

Why so little choice in the OP?
My home town, count multiple empires: Roman, Bizantine, French, German (HRE), Habsburg, Austro-Hungarian, Italian.
not an empire but I would like to add The Most Serene Republic of Venice.
"Oslo, Norway"?
:crazyeye:

Location=/=Birthplace. Is it Milan or something of the sort?

By the same artist as Sarah's Scribbles, I see.

Top Bottom