Which major empire was your current area once a part of?

Which empire?

• Total voters
The Swedish empire. Before that The Great Nordic Union for a while, though that was a personal union under one monarch.:)

My current place: Roman Empire, Holy Roman Empire, Spanish Empire, French Empire, the Third Reich
My birthplace: Ancient Egypt, Assyria, Persia, Seleucid Empire, Roman Empire, Abbasids, Ottoman Empire, British Empire

if stfoskey wants, I can add Habsburg, Holy Roman and even Byzantine/Ottoman to the list of choices.

There are so many empires, adding all of them in a poll would be excessive. I wanted to just do the largest ones and limit the amount of overlap.

Fair enough, but given that you left out all of the Central European empires, anyone living between Brussels and Kiev has to click none of the above.

(And even if you leave out the HRE for not really being an empire, the Habsburg dominions were definitely a major empire and one that outlived all your options except for the British Empire.)

(And even if you leave out the HRE for not really being an empire, the Habsburg dominions were definitely a major empire and one that outlived all your options except for the British Empire.)
add "german" to the poll options

Spoiler :

I'm a short walk from where Gen. Washington assumed command of the Continental Army, 242 years ago this weekend.

As a compromise, I've added Habsburg/HRE as a poll option, but I've also enabled changing your vote, so that you can now vote for one of the German-speaking empires if you wish.

I'm close to Detroit (pronounce it the French way, do it) so probably French and British and does Iroquis count?

what was so narrow in détroit ?

I don't speak any French or whatever but it is my understanding that Detroit means "strait" and straits are usually narrow I guess

I took a look at the map
yeah you are right
narrow enough between those two lakes to be called a strait

Top Bottom