• With roommates (random people)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • With roommates (friends)

• Nuclear family (I'm the kid)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Nuclear family (I'm the parent), married or unmarried

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • With one parent (parents divorced/separate)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • With one child (I'm a single parent)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc)

• Cohousing collective

• College dorm

• Other (in van by river, nomad, squatter, under my desk @ work, etc)

• With spouse/long-term partner

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

Narz

keeping it real
Just curious what everyone's living situation is here. And while you're here what would your ideal living setup be (can include location, style of home/room & cohabitants)?

Damn how do I edit poll (kinda childcentric want to add Spouse (or former spouse, spouselike person : no kids)

Last edited:
I'm not sure I fit exactly into any poll option - I live with someone who is legally my spouse but at this point just a friend and roommate, and we intend to sell the place and split apart in the next year or so.

Ideal living setup? Poly sapphic BDSM harem in a large home on 10+ acres of land.

Sounds fun. Does harem imply a boss (like your harem) or would it be more of an egalitarian harem?

10 acres sounds good too. I wouldn't mind a few fewer acres if I could have a gate around it and a moat around the home itself. Maybe a vertical garden tower too.

Sounds fun. Does harem imply a boss (like your harem) or would it be more of an egalitarian harem?

10 acres sounds good too. I wouldn't mind a few fewer acres if I could have a gate around it and a moat around the home itself. Maybe a vertical garden tower too.

My harem, yes. Strange women in ponds distributing swords type boss. You want egalitarian, there's an autonomous fem collective down the road a bit. I think they call it Castle Anthrax or something like that.

With my 82 year old mum. My kids have flown the nest, I'm long divorced Shes a widow. Its convenient for both of us.
I wouldn't want to put my mum in a home so the ideal would be to have enough money to buy a bigger house and have live-in care for my mum.

Props to you. More people should take care of their folks altho society is set up to make it hard (and elder care is a huge industry). My mum is also 82

I put other because I didn’t see “living with long-term partner.” I guess that falls under nuclear family? But we don’t have kids and aren’t married :dunno:

Ideal living setup? Poly sapphic BDSM harem in a large home on 10+ acres of land.

lmao you’re such a doll.

Last edited:
Props to you. More people should take care of their folks altho society is set up to make it hard (and elder care is a huge industry). My mum is also 82

I'm lucky. I can afford not to work now. I still work part-time for the fun and don't have to worry that despite qualifications I could earn more working in a supermarket than I do as a teaching assistant.

Yeah I will edit poll when I can, will change that to living w significant other +/- kids

Currently living alone in an apartment. Ideal living situation - realistic: With a partner. Having someone around would be nice, but I don't know if I'd like living with a roommate anymore. Ideal living situation - fantasy: The above-mentioned egalitarian poly-harem does hold some appeal. :think:

Just curious what everyone's living situation is here. And while you're here what would your ideal living setup be (can include location, style of home/room & cohabitants)?

Damn how do I edit poll (kinda childcentric want to add Spouse (or former spouse, spouselike person : no kids)
I can't answer the poll because it lacks the choice for living with pets.

I don't live with any other humans, but I do live with my cat. She's mentioned on my lease every year because if you want a pet in your suite, you need to have permission and have paid a deposit ($250/cat; I originally paid $500 because I had 2 cats, which means 2 is the maximum I'm allowed regardless of which specific cat and that fee is not refunded if the cat is rehomed or dies). Thankfully the deposit is a one-time thing.

Therefore, I don't live with any other humans, but I don't live alone.

@Narz: You can ask a moderator to change the poll. I'm not sure if the "Thread tools" link you should find (it's only visible to staff and the OP of the specific thread they started) allows editing a poll.

My ideal living situation? My most ideal situation would require ideal health, because it would not be a level place. Years ago, some of the people in the local SCA Shire got together and gave me a surprise party for my 30th birthday. We had a nice meal (cooked by the hostess), played Eurorails (board game), had cake, and the conversation meandered into what sort of ideal building would the Shire like if anyone could ever afford to build one.

Naturally we wanted a castle. :p We sat around that night over the game board (I won :smug:) and everyone chipped in ideas about what this castle needed to have, and what we'd do with it.

Of course it never happened, as none of us won the lottery. But if I ever did win the lottery enough to make it possible to design and build my ideal living space, I'd have my castle (modified for disabled access, of course). As for where it would be... I have no family here who matter anymore, so I'd want to live somewhere in or near the Rockies. Those mountains and the forests and lakes are what are great for my mental health and spiritual well-being.

Living with my wife. Does not seem to be a poll option though.

How quaint! :crazyeye:

Oh, and a cat here, too.
We are old fashioned, but for over 50 years it has worked out pretty well. We do have 3 cats atm.

I live with a leprechaun in my head, he tells me to burn things.

Top Bottom