Who is more pushy with their POV atheists/agnostics or the religious.

Who is more pushy?

• Total voters
atheists, always want to challange you, heck had some outside of our church gathering protesting the community event. No kidding here either, we did a community gathering in a poorer section of town, provided free lunch, and games for the kids. All the while a bunch of athesists stood outside calling was the rudest things ever, and we even invited them to come eat and i personally took them water bottles so they could keep cooled off while they protested us.

Ive also seen similar things when we go into the homeless shelter to take some food to the homeless, one shelter even kicked us out because we brought our bibles with us to hand out food to the homeless. This was a few years back though, but it tends to be athesists, and they attack our outreaches to the poor.

I don't believe a word you post.

If it was me, I would have boiled the water before taking it to them.

i wouldn't nor could i, where out to prove that we as christians place the welfare of our neighbors above ourselves and our community is important, to long has the church taken a blind eye to the poor in America, missionaries go to other nations but you don't see them often in your own backyard. We are missionaries to Americans.

I don't believe a word you post.

you don't have to belive anything I say, never once did i require you to agree with what i say. I am telling the truth with god as my witness though, athiests are very aggressive around here, mainly because this is the bible belt, and the few ones around are very outspoken about it because they think its there job to save everyone from there faith

ok guys its been fun, but ive grown rather bored here, and my wife is home from work, and where going out to party tonight. I just got back from Iraq Actully and this morning signed my discharge paperwork, I was supposed to get out in march but was in country so my time got extended. So now me and the wife along with my daughter and mother are gonna go out and celebrate. ITs been very fun, though a few of you gotta work on your gullibility.
but that was after a string of ridiculous posts, so I'm skeptical of your stories of atheists protesting these events.

On the other hand it could make sense given that Dachs doesn't get accosted by religious people because religion is so prevalent in his part of Virginia, and whereas I see angry zealots espousing hatred of mankind under the guise of Christianity outside campus once and a while, I suppose there's always a "vocal minority" factor.

you don't have to belive anything I say, never once did i require you to agree with what i say. I am telling the truth with god as my witness though, athiests are very aggressive around here, mainly because this is the bible belt, and the few ones around are very outspoken about it because they think its there job to save everyone from there faith

Candle, when you pull crap like you did in the Texas thread it simply devalues your credibility to the point where its worthless. If God is indeed your witness, maybe, just maybe, you should have given more thought to the example you were giving in the Texas thread prior to coming off as the religious type.

Just sayin.

and i clearly pointed out im a returning vet from Iraq and was having a little fun, i spent a year and half with the same 20 people pretty much

and i clearly pointed out im a returning vet from Iraq and was having a little fun, i spent a year and half with the same 20 people pretty much

Yeah, and it didnt do much for your credibility. Dont expect people to take you for your word if in your big debut you make up a bunch of crap for laughs and poke fun at the rest of us as 'gullible'. It doesnt really set well with the community here. You can either appreciate that...or not.

First impressions last, and trust is very hard to regain after it is lost.

Please consider:

At least for the christians, if a christian does indeed believe in the instructions of Jesus to spread the Gospel, then being 'pushy' is simply part of the job.

Secondly, as a christian, If I really, and I mean really, believe that a person will indeed to go hell unless I am a little pushy, then arent I under a moral obligation to be a little pushy?

After considering this, I will simply admit that religious folk are indeed more pushy....but the vast majority of them do it out of the goodness of their heart and their caring.....not in some effort to simply be a pain in the ass. In consideration of that, yeah, I admit they are pushy...but I think its forgiveable.

Wow how fair of you. :goodjob:. I can certainly admit that the atheists at CFC are condescending and ridiculing of religious beliefs. But then again it is the nature of the place to be condescending and ridiculing of most views you disagree with. It's not like I'm going to start ridiculing the intellect of a missionary that comes to my door, or the majority of my family members for that matter.

So you don't feel that atheists are effectively pushing their agenda in the US?

Wow how fair of you. :goodjob:. I can certainly admit that the atheists at CFC are condescending and ridiculing of religious beliefs. But then again it is the nature of the place to be condescending and ridiculing of most views you disagree with. It's not like I'm going to start ridiculing the intellect of a missionary that comes to my door, or the majority of my family members for that matter.

they are indeed, changing the pledge and the money. The phrase in god we trust is part of our national anthem even

http://www.usa-flag-site.org/song-lyrics/star-spangled-banner.shtml

the full 4 verses, they are pushing the identy of the nation out the window for there own agenda and gains, they dont belive so they think it should be illegal. Ive heard talk of them protesting christian schools and even a few whispers of getting petions to force parents to take there children to public school and require the parents not to take there children to church because this is forceing a belife.

the full 4 verses, they are pushing the identy of the nation out the window for there own agenda and gains, they dont belive so they think it should be illegal. Ive heard talk of them protesting christian schools and even a few whispers of getting petions to force parents to take there children to public school and require the parents not to take there children to church because this is forceing a belife.

I suppose it is pointless but might I ask for some links as evidence of this atheist conspiracy to make belief itself illegal. Where exactly do you get these assertions?

First, it's couldn't care less. Pushy grammar nazii ftw.

But yes, I do realize that we in the anti-cyborg group can come off as incredibly aggressive with our views. The simple thing is that we feel it's necessary to make the point known, as every day we edge ever closer to the precipice. It would be best to work to avert any need for the prophesized Jihad but we know we're prepared for the endgame if it comes, God help us all.

Obviously the person pushing an alternate point of view is going to appear more offensive, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I vote atheists...

...but I think what is more important is how the message is delivered. Most religious people I have spoken with about religion have a sense of humility, which makes for a much more pleasant conversation. On the other hand, I have never spoken with an atheist about religion who wasn't pushy. The atheist in a religion conversation isn't interested in speaking with a religious person, but in speaking over them.

Obviously the person pushing an alternate point of view is going to appear more offensive, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I vote atheists...

...but I think what is more important is how the message is delivered. Most religious people I have spoken with about religion have a sense of humility, which makes for a much more pleasant conversation. On the other hand, I have never spoken with an atheist about religion who wasn't pushy. The atheist in a religion conversation isn't interested in speaking with a religious person, but in speaking over them.

agreed they belive since there belife is in nothing they rule over us

After considering this, I will simply admit that religious folk are indeed more pushy....but the vast majority of them do it out of the goodness of their heart and their caring.....not in some effort to simply be a pain in the ass. In consideration of that, yeah, I admit they are pushy...but I think its forgiveable.

Forgivable is not the word. I understand where you're coming from, as it's part of the job. But know that to me, and certainly to others who believe similarly, your sky god and his silly rules are anathema to us, just as the rejection of your God is to you. Outside your Christian community your requirement to spread the faith holds no currency, so do us all a favour and keep it to yourself.

Only to a minor extent. I think they are mostly just extremely rude because of their self-imposed self-claimed superiority. ;)

Forgivable is not the word. I understand where you're coming from, as it's part of the job. But know that to me, and certainly to others who believe similarly, your sky god and his silly rules are anathema to us, just as the rejection of your God is to you. Outside your Christian community your requirement to spread the faith holds no currency, so do us all a favour and keep it to yourself.

Thanks for proving my point exactly!! :lol:

Here I post a very nice post, and I take the time to really think it through and appeal to peoples understanding. And thats how you reply!

A little less hostility, and a little more understanding would garner you a bit more respect from the religous majority. But if you continue to call the basis of our faith the 'sky god with silly rules', well......I guess I will just have to put on that grin and continue to be pushy...

Well, I'd have to say that's because it's a really common misconception that "atheists" actually have an agenda. There's nothing uniting atheists as a group, they are simply people who don't lay claim to belonging with a religion, and in fact our recent thread demonstrated people don't even agree on what the term means. I'd even go so far to say that most religious groups don't really even have a political agenda per se either, but this is certainly true of atheists. One person who is an atheist can pretty much vehemently oppose the agenda of another person, this is even quite common. The only possible "agenda" that could be ascribed to atheists, promoting a secular state of government, is not exclusive to them either as many religious people also support the same.

Generally idiots (especially self righteous ignorant ones who can't come up with their own arguments for believing and instead recycle really old ones if they make a case at all) are the most pushy with their beliefs. I suspect these are about equally common among the religious and atheists (at least percentage wise).

As for door to door evangelism, I really think there needs to be a Luke 10:7 welcome mat.
Luke10:7 said:
And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for(J) the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house.

Top Bottom