Who is working on HOF attempts w/o threads?

Originally posted by wohmongarinf00l
well...i haven't gone back to that deity game at all and instead i'm playing where i'm most comfortable: emperor. i went thru one "test drive" with the ottomans using sirpleb's strategy and wound up with 36k but i dont think i will submit it cos i messed up with the milking
36000 and you're not going to submit it?!!!:eek: :confused: Dude, if it's a legal game and you got that score, send it in!

@Zerksees: Please keep in mind you need 8 AI rivals in your game to be eligible for the HoF... (IIRC you said you had 7 in your test run)...

Originally posted by Darkness
@Zerksees: Please keep in mind you need 8 AI rivals in your game to be eligible for the HoF... (IIRC you said you had 7 in your test run)...

I do have only 7. I should have checked the rules. It's too late now to add one! Thanks for the warning. I guess after this post no further HOF discussion about this game.

Currently it is 1370 AD and the Iriquois are the current target of the "rogue state" strategy, and they are falling fast. The war has yielded more luxuries, and I just built universal suffrage. I am prebuilding a palace to get theory of evolution.

Knowing it's not going to qualify for the HOF, I will probably end the game shortly after the milking phase starts. Then I will decide if I want to try it again.

Originally posted by zerksees
I do have only 7. I should have checked the rules. It's too late now to add one! Thanks for the warning.
I feel your pain. I cracked 10000 on Chieftain once, but I only had 6 or 7 AI, so no claim to fame there...

I would not really say that I am trying to deliberately make the HOF, But I am trying to play my very 1st ever "milked" game. Just seeing how many points I can score on Chieftan level.(yes I know it's easy, but I am having fun and that is all that matters) after reading articles and checking out some HOF games, I am ready for a go, I am currently playing as the ottomans, Warm wet Huge and I thought it was Pangea but there are 2 civs on another land mass somewhere, I believe I had 10 rivals.

At this point I don't think my 1st try at a milked game got off to a good start, but I must finish. About a month and a half to 2 months ago, I started to see how fast I could win on a tiny map on chieftan and I did have a score that would have made it back then, but I did not have the 4000 BC save, but it would be long off the list now.

anyway, wish me luck!

Originally posted by OneFastWarrior
Just seeing how many points I can score on Chieftan level. (yes I know it's easy,
Setting a high score is never easy, regardless of level.

(yes I know it's easy, but I am having fun and that is all that matters)
Damn straight!

anyway, wish me luck!
What if I don't want to?....J/K, Good Luck!:p

I have finished my first ever milking attempt on Monarch (Ottomans)! Final score 30607, victory by Domination. Domination limit was 3685 tiles (didn't bother much with different starts). Finished conquest between 500AD and 1000AD and then until 1400AD was the building phase (Republic except the beginning). Used FPJ and jumped Palace 3 times.

Here's the score development:
1000 BC 312
500 AD 1602
1000 AD 4731
1505 AD 13615

I got soon bored with directing workers, so I automated many of them already in Middle Ages. That was soon frustrating as I had disconnected iron & saltpeter. But it was a pleasure to disband those workers who got on those sources. ;) I also used governors for mood management and production after the conquest phase. End game was mostly pressing enter every 3 minutes, so I achieved several domination wins before I managed to locate & destroy unnecessary libraries. 100k & 20k culture victories were also near and I had to abandon some wonder cities.

Anyway, this was a very helpful experience, I have learned much about milking and can better appreciate the effort top scorers have put into their games. I'm not eagerly trying this again, as huge map definitely is huge for me and my computer, and most of the work is boring. Civ needs a scripting language. :) Perhaps I should play it over a longer time, I did this in little over a week and playtime was about 54h (last over 200 turns for 3 minutes each just pressing space).

Originally posted by Drazek
I have finished my first ever milking attempt on Monarch (Ottomans)! Final score 30607,
This is just swell. You knocked my Monarch score down to #3 before it even got posted on the list...:( :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

No seriously, I congratulate you sir! :goodjob: :band:

Four weeks ago I started my first serious deity HoF attempt with palace jump. I decided to choose the Chinese instead of the Ottomans because they get a 3-move unit pretty earlier. The other game settings were:
Huge, Pangaea, 60% water, Wet, Warm, 5 Billion years, 8 random rivals.
I got one early Settler from a hut and have a domination limit of 3897.
With the first city to jump the palace to I decided to create a Super-Science City with Copernicus Observatory and Newton University. But I was very disappointed, that both affects were NOT cumulative. For example 6 basic beakers for science + library + university = 12 beakers. With both wonders I should get 12*2*2 = 48, but I only get 12*2=24.
Nevertheless here my score development:

4000BC 0
3000BC 134
1990BC 224
1000BC 550
10BC 1728
500AD 4160

Going through all the cities each turn is a little bit boring in the meantime, but I think it is necessary to obtain a good score.

Ossi, the Chinese are a good choice depending on playstyle. The Rider carried me to my Chieftain and Monarch positions...

HOF test drive update:

In 1625 America was second in score after me. They declared war on me and were wiped out in 7 turns. I took 15 cities in the first turn.

I had peace for one or two turns and then declared war on the two remaining civs – France and China. They were both so polite until America was wiped out. After that they were annoyed or furious. Then they started trying to build more towns in America’s old space (most of which was too close to the palace), and this annoyed me.

They are falling fast. It is now 1670 AD. I have triple digit stacks of tanks, MI and artillery (over 600 units total). France has infantry and cavalry, China seems to have only cavalry and riflemen. I hope to make milking phase in 2 or 3 turns. I have a lot of armies in use and a leader in inventory for the final palace jump to the only island off the main continent. The score is over 5000, though I don’t recall exactly (and the game is at home – I am at work now), I am gaining 50+ points per turn and I have about 300 tiles left to the 3680 tile limit. I have over 200 workers most of which are asleep right now so I can finish the conquest phase without controlling them.

This is a lot of work! Turns are taking over two hours. I have created a staging area and the first thing I do each turn is move all the units there and sort them out, so I know what I have and then fortify all of them (this way I avoid the irritating jumps to parts of the screen away from my current battle). I then put the wounded in cities to heal and start my attacks with the new and healthy units. Every so many turns I move it closer to the new front lines. I also decide what each city is going to build when new units are produced.

I run on a P3 500 MHZ so it is a little slow at the end of the turn resolving all the AI moves (though it has been getting shorter lately because the AI is getting low on units – heh heh).

I am not sure if I am going to try the huge map again. With the new slots in the HOF for other sizes, I may work the deity tiny map or some standard maps. I need to think about it – since I think this game may have been faster if I had gotten control earlier before the AI could build all these units.

Been around the boards for a while...but was too lazy to change my email to get the confirmation again since I accidently deleted that a while ago, lol. Thought about starting an attempt up to see if I can hack it, l ol

holy moly this is an insane starting area

eck...messed that att up, lol

A lot of us go through a lot of maps before finding one we go all the way with, but let me wish you good luck Zer0xChan!

Have a rather absurb number of cattle and wheat around my start location...playing on monarch and I should have probably tried diety since I'm sitting with like 40 cities and the AI have like 8 each

edit: playing on monarch diff.

Attachments

• madstart.jpg
    madstart.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 211
This will not be a stellar HOF entry, but I wanted to share this screenshot from my first
C3C game - played at monarch level. It's pretty fair to say I have control of the game now.

I love the craters - makes it so I can put the remaining AI player somewhere besides the tundra.

Attachments

• maoscrater.jpg
    maoscrater.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 234
Originally posted by zerksees
I love the craters - makes it so I can put the remaining AI player somewhere besides the tundra.

Great idea!:thumbsup:

Yes Slugger :) I am at it, and not having a thread on this one.
It goes REMARKABLY well in my view. I had an incredible start playing the Mayas, Archipelago, 60 % water... Large MAP (cant take the waiting)

On the first turn, I got a settler joining me.
On the first tech-research, I got a sci-leader.
I made it to Philosophy and got Polyteism and made the Temple of Artemis.
I conquered Zimbabwe for the Pyramids.
I Also started on the largest island on the map.. and IT WAS LARGE.
I now own the whole island for myself, just wondering what to do next.

A few questions for you, master-milker....
Do I build my cities DENSELY or save space for larger populations later?
Size 30 cities ?
I get points for shallow water tiles ?
Do they count as Territory held ?

Here is my map :

The year is 920 AD, I have 1885 points... do you think I have a chance ? how would you proceed ?

Anyone may answer to these questions, not only the SLUGGER :worship:

Top Bottom