Why do some people completely ignore others they know?

Because "going out" in the UK is defined as going to a tacky bar and getting wasted. It's in the dictionaries and everything.

Looking at the stars, playing clock golf, or having a picnic, are defined as mental illnesses. This is well known.

Something about mad dogs and Englishmen?

Well, I don't know anything about the noon day sun, of course.

But getting wasted with a potential bed-fellow is probably your one shot at success in that department, in the UK. Otherwise it's simply never going to happen.

It's a tricky business, even so: too little getting wasted and it's not happening; too much and it really can't.

Oh. I just got hitched for that sort of thing. Been working out pretty well. I understand it doesn't always, but I'm not exactly sure how being wasted is supposed to make that better. Tried it, didn't really enhance the situation.

It doesn't really apply to you at all. What with you being an American and a farmer.

I know, just expressing bemused confusion, not hostility.

Though the thing being described doesn't seem all that unusual here either. Though I suppose the cultural stereotype for that behavior would probably translate to a domestic batterer. Gotta love them popular portrayals.

There were damn good sensible reasons for the revolution, now there's one more.

I did say something like going 'outside the door', not 'going out'. In the US going out is usually for a short time, and with a mission, such as going out for milk, bread, or beer (to bring home), or for the idiots among us, cigarettes. (I used to be an idiot btw) One never goes out and climbs Mount Rainier, its just unheard of, even if one picks up some milk and bread to take with. I'm going to climb Mount freakin Rainier, that's what I'm about. Even going stargazing usually does not qualify as going out, there's pride in doing something that doesn't involve milk or bread, beer or cigs, oh no. One proudly proclaims, 'I'm going out stargazing.' There's something spiritual going on here, maybe scientific, definitely non Bwittish. Its the stars, the galaxy, oh yes, the whole vast incredible vista of the Milky Way is not covered under 'going out'.

What about a j o b? That's where most of us start. Or better yet, a job in the a r m y. They teach one to get out of bed, I do assure you. After the army I could get out of bed and go to any job. Just a simple matter of teaching one's gf to blow revile.

So, what about 'going out of the door'?

She's ignoring you because you aren't saying hi and you're making it awkward.

You are possibly mistaken. She's English, that means she can take it. Besides, encouraging words are hardly awkward, particularly when mixed with a bit of humor. I hope my words are inspiring her to the possibilities available in this wonderful world.

So what's the real problem Hygro? Smoker? :D

"Blow revile"?!

What kind of vile sexual perversion is this? And why should it get you out of bed?

Ahh bhavv, I see from the illness you mentioned in another thread that your options are limited. I hope someday you will see good health. May God bless you.

Its not a curable thing though!

Once the inner ears die, you're a stumbling unbalanced drunk for the rest of your life.

Well actually, it is curable, but with 100% hearing loss. They can nuke the inner ears dead so the balance is no longer ruined, but then completely deaf. This is usually only an option in unilateral cases.

Well, I have diabetes and hope one day for a cure. Some part of me gave up the ghost and who knows? I'd accept a stem cell cure as long as they come from my own body, got reworked into the bits I need, and stuck back in.

"You never know what events will transpire to get you home."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n5FGffGUyI

Hope, right? Pray about it.

Top Bottom