why NATO should leave the Turks out

Only through war could such an annexation be made. Therefore the Greeks would be accused of being intrinsically fascist for trying to drag the rest of NATO into a war against the Turks simply to fulfill their revanchist desires.

It is for this reason that Turkey will likely never leave NATO so long as Greece is a part of it as well. Also Turks do receive the better treatment from the rest of NATO due to owning the metallically rich Asia Minor, as well as strategically controlling the Bosporus. Most of NATO will not favor the Greeks jeopardizing these assets which we have so long as Turkey stays in. Therefore Greece will always be treated as the problematic runt going forward (not that Erdogan isn't problematic either, he just has better assets so he remains intrinsically more useful to the alliance as a whole).
You misread what I said; I am not arguing that Greece will start a war for Constantinople; in fact the opposite was meant ^^
Despite various other negatives, Greece currently is in no way a militaristic society.

You misread what I said; I am not arguing that Greece will start a war for Constantinople; in fact the opposite was meant ^^
Despite various other negatives, Greece currently is in no way a militaristic society.

Erdogan is mostly blustering, all talk and no action. He would have to be mind bogglingly stupid to start an inter-NATO war that would threaten his current more favorable position.

Right now I believe he's playing his cards smart, by contributing baraktar drones he's making up for previous accusations that Turkey was profiteering off of smuggled ISIS oil. Is Greece contributing anything to the Ukrainian war effort? The Biden Administration would be most grateful if it's ego could be stroked a little bit more.

I doubt this is the thread for it, but afaik Greece has given the 4rth most weapons to Ukraine (not that imo this is sane).
And if you read up on the situation, war between Greece-Turkey can be triggered in many ways. Which is why it's likely to happen sooner rather than later; probably with maritime borders expanded to 12 miles.
That said, I REALLY don't feel like turning this into a Greece-Turkey thread, so won't take part in more of this type of discussion :p

oh , a mood of let us stay informed on how useful NATO is . Like people not to be offended but like Ukraine needs 300 tanks and not 200 or 400 and while people are debating it with gusto elsewhere on the forum , a wikipedia check assures one that the Jordanians are supposedly dumping theirs and it will be familiar and whatnot after the door is opened with the "gift" of 14 . Like except just like ı myself will not be paying for Leopards to Ukraine , ı myself will not bloody pay for British tanks as well . Like , everybody hates when the Commies remind Lend Lease is to be paid back , right ?

Last edited:
I doubt this is the thread for it, but afaik Greece has given the 4rth most weapons to Ukraine (not that imo this is sane).
And if you read up on the situation, war between Greece-Turkey can be triggered in many ways. Which is why it's likely to happen sooner rather than later; probably with maritime borders expanded to 12 miles.
That said, I REALLY don't feel like turning this into a Greece-Turkey thread, so won't take part in more of this type of discussion :p

IDK man. Pray Athena give you wisdom, Aries give you strength, and Poseidon the right to extend one's maritime borders 12 miles into the Aegean. :please:

am the Starfleet ; in practical terms . Does one pray on behalf of America , too , now that everybody knows Uncle Sam will not be allowed to watch it from the sides ?

Top Bottom