Will there be a second expansion?

Will there be a second full expansion?

• Yes

Votes: 485 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 143 22.8%

• Total voters
Zulu ( would probably play as a generic warmonger civ like huns/mongolia, unless they can come up with a good unique stuff, which I hope they could)
There wasn't a Zulu Empire,their kingdom was smaller than Belgium and they have very little achievements.
If they would add another 9 civilizations, this would be my choices:

Tibet (religious, cultural civ with an advantage in mountainous and hilly terrain)

Indonesia (good civ for building large,maritime empires)

The Khmer (cultural civ that is specialized in quickly building large cities)

The Sioux (nomadic civ that has an advantage in plains)

Portugal (gold-focused civ that can quickly discover the world and build colonial empires)

The Afghans (military civ that is specialized in defending and conquering)

Kongo (civ that has a huge advantage in jungles)

Georgia (religious civ that is specialized in faith)

Poland (civ that has always happy cities)

Things i wanna see in a possible second expansion: regenerate map function, random events, SDI defense, more tweaking possibilities with difficulty settings so that you for example can get the difficulty to be in between existing levels, more than one leader for every civ (i want Stalin for Russia, for example), much greater diplo penalty for using and even having nukes, more social policies, pollution (factories etc actually affects the environment in case you didnt know), some sort of immigration/emigration since our world and our civilizations has always depended much on that, war weariness, etc. And in multiplayer i want TURNBASED option, for Jebus sake! :thumbsup: So, get to work civ-game-making dudes, and i will give you more of my delicious monies!

I am not convinced about another expansion because honestly I can't think of a lot of civs to fill it. While new features are always fun, it is new civs that sells expansions.

I think thinking of Civs won't be hard, I just think they'll be saved for DLC

Europe (I don't want them to emphasize Europe, but I'll list them): Portugal, Poland
Africa: Kongo, Zulu, Moors
Asia: Indonesia, Sumer, Hatti, Assyria, Israel
Americas: Pueblos, Mississippians, Brazil, Cherokee, Sioux, Haida

Of these, I can certainly think of unique gameplay for Zulu, Kongo, Moors, and Israel. Probably quite a few others as well, I just don't know enough about them.

I do think the Hittites and Portuguese will suffer from too much sameness. Possibly the same with Sumeria.

Along the adding disease note, I think it would be funny if you could "found" a disease, sort of like a religion. Except disease would only create negative effects, so you would have to judge which traits would hurt the least. Once your disease is fully evolved, prepare to release it on your enemies!! Would add 3 new people:
Rotting Corpses (like missionaries)
Doctor (like inquisitor)
Pile of Rotting Corpses (like great prophet)

Also would create interesting situations with city-states and other Civs. "Moraco wants Malaria to be the major disease in their city." "Herpes has spread to Edinburgh!"

Such things should only be available after genetics, and there should be a UN resolution to outlaw such bioterrorism. Rudimentary versions of it, however, should be available early, but you shouldn't be able to decide what each disease does.

I would like to see a Space Age expansion. You could add additional leaders for some existing civs, and revamp the science victory to involve something more meaningful then the current build spaceship parts and ship to capital mechanic. Perhaps there could be a scenario where several projects (Sputnik, Gemini, Apollo (luna), Voyager, Mir, ISS, Space Elevator, Manned Mars mission, etc.) eventually culminate in an Alpha Centauri colony.

As long as we're thinking CiV in the sky, I would be intrigued by a system that reset some combination of your CiVs UA/UB/UU based on how you'd played.

So get to the space age, reach space with settlers, but some elements of your Civ now reflect your playstlye.

***On second read your still earth based. I was thinking your were looking at it as a continuation of the space victory.

I'd love for a second 'Expand & Grow' expansion to focus on capturing the significance and feel of the colonization period right after the focus on religion (think mostly initial benefits but then it becoming increasingly hard to prevent colonies from successfully declaring Independence). Might also be cool if the new world is inhabited by technologically backward civs for you to conquer and convert:D. And how cool would it be if it's normal for new civs like the United States and Canada to come into existence in the middle of the game due to colonies declaring Independence.

Then in the modern age solid corporation mechanics can give new life to the endgame by it being an important factor to having the economy to win whatever victory you're aiming for:D.

The start of the game and the colonization period would be times of expansion, where as religion and corporations boost growth.

Further improved AI and diplomacy would be awesome too of course! What do you guys think?

I'd love for a second 'Expand & Grow' expansion to focus on capturing the significance and feel of the colonization period right after the focus on religion (think mostly initial benefits but then it becoming increasingly hard to prevent colonies from successfully declaring Independence). Might also be cool if the new world is inhabited by technologically backward civs for you to conquer and convert:D. And how cool would it be if it's normal for new civs like the United States and Canada to come into existence in the middle of the game due to colonies declaring Independence.

Then in the modern age solid corporation mechanics can give new life to the endgame by it being an important factor to having the economy to win whatever victory you're aiming for:D.

The start of the game and the colonization period would be times of expansion, where as religion and corporations boost growth.

Further improved AI and diplomacy would be awesome too of course! What do you guys think?

Yes to colonies and revolutions.

Corporations I'm happy enough with how they're represented in the game today. Stock markets, markets, banks, all of these mean more money for my empire.

I'm pretty confident that there will come a second expansion. The game seriously lacks late-game content, so there's a huge gap there to be filled. I hope for corporations to reappear but fleshed out similar to how religion has been compared to the CIV version. I would also love to have a complete rework of the espionage system, but I have less hopes for that, so unless someone creates an extensive mod on that area, I think that'll just be a miss for me in this game chapter.

There will be another expansion because, as this thread has illustrated, many people would be interested in such a thing. The is a gaming company. They want to make money and sell us stuff.

This reminds me an awful lot of the threads in vanilla where so many people insisted adamantly that there would be no expansions because everything was DLC from now on.

If there's not another expansion than it means either they don't believe many people will buy it (doubtful) or they think they'd be better served making Civilization 6 sooner rather than later (slightly less doubtful).

There wasn't a Zulu Empire,their kingdom was smaller than Belgium and they have very little achievements.
If they would add another 9 civilizations, this would be my choices:

The Sioux (nomadic civ that has an advantage in plains)

You say no to the Zulu and yes to the Sioux?

Their significance was largely the same in history. Both were small (dare i say tribal?) societies that proved to be a thorn in the side of major western powers.

There are far more state or empire like native american civs out there that are far more deserving of a place than the Sioux (if we operate on the supposition the zulu are also undeserving of a place).

On another note, i've heard a lot of people saying there won't be another expansion because they'll be saving stuff for civ 6.

I think civ 6 is exactly the reason there should be another expansion. They've already achieved a brilliantly popular game in Civ 5, so they could use a second expansion to trial new kinda off the wall stuff they're toying with introducing in civ 6 with a lesser extent of damage to their sales. A sort of extended market research project.

If firaxis/2k can bring back all the features in "Civ 4 Beyond the Sword" to the 2nd Civ 5 expansion pack, that will be nice, at least all the civilizations, cooperations, wonders, buildings and resources, perhaps expand the future era (there are already lots of excellent Civ 4 custom modpacks with creative ideas for enhancements).

I hope they choose this title - "Beyond the Future".

I do miss the rice and corn farms as well as the pig pastures.

I am not convinced about another expansion because honestly I can't think of a lot of civs to fill it. While new features are always fun, it is new civs that sells expansions. So speaking of, what new civs would people want in an expansion?

I think thinking of Civs won't be hard, I just think they'll be saved for DLC

Europe (I don't want them to emphasize Europe, but I'll list them): Portugal, Poland
Africa: Kongo, Zulu, Moors
Asia: Indonesia, Sumer, Hatti, Assyria, Israel
Americas: Pueblos, Mississippians, Brazil, Cherokee, Sioux, Haida

Of these, I can certainly think of unique gameplay for Zulu, Kongo, Moors, and Israel. Probably quite a few others as well, I just don't know enough about them.

I do think the Hittites and Portuguese will suffer from too much sameness. Possibly the same with Sumeria.

Here is a poll of the new civs: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=460009&page=4

The most popular choices (ordered by category):
Europe: Portugal, Poland, Hungary
Africa: Zulu, Kongo, Morocco (Moors, Almohads, Almoravids), Zimbabwe, Mali, Nubia, Swahili
Middle-East: Sumer, Hittite, Assyria, Phoenicia, Hebrews/Israel, Armenia
Asia: Indonesia (Majapahit, Srivijaya), Tibet, Khmer, Vietnam, Khazars
America: Brazil, Sioux, Apache, Cherokee, Mississippians

Things i wanna see in a possible second expansion: regenerate map function, random events, SDI defense, more tweaking possibilities with difficulty settings so that you for example can get the difficulty to be in between existing levels, more than one leader for every civ (i want Stalin for Russia, for example), much greater diplo penalty for using and even having nukes, more social policies, pollution (factories etc actually affects the environment in case you didnt know), some sort of immigration/emigration since our world and our civilizations has always depended much on that, war weariness, etc. And in multiplayer i want TURNBASED option, for Jebus sake! :thumbsup: So, get to work civ-game-making dudes, and i will give you more of my delicious monies!
I like the sound of a lot of these.

For me - new Civs are not such a great attraction - though some more of those would no doubt help the xpac sell even more.

Biological Warfare is definitely something I want to see

Biowarfare.....

Fun and anonymous (mostly). Could definitely be cool - a doulbe edged sword, perhaps combined with spies?

If we're going for wish list of stuff that'll never happen, how about some kind of mid-game Republic/Civ spawn. Barb camp spawns early game are cool in that you can be defending against 2 civs or going to conquer another and now you have barbs on another front that you have to divert forces for. You have to change up strategy.

What if, say beginning at Ren era, after the barb camps have become a non-factor some of the CS cultures begin working together without your knowledge. If you have 2-3 CS's together, behind the scenes another Civ leader spawns and the cities begin coordinating behind the scenes, plotting, building units, leveraging resource strengths, then an announcement is made, animation screen pops up announcing the City states of Singapore, Rio De Janiero, and Edinburgh have formed a republic. Next turn the leader animation pops up and you learn who'll be the head of the new Civ. The early game CS biases would carry over. If all CS's were cool with you, Friendly. If you stole workers from all of them early game, Hostile. I don't know how it would play out Dom VC, I would think that their capital wouldn't count towards VC?

If firaxis/2k can bring back all the features in "Civ 4 Beyond the Sword" to the 2nd Civ 5 expansion pack, that will be nice, at least all the civilizations, cooperations, wonders, buildings and resources, perhaps expand the future era (there are already lots of excellent Civ 4 custom modpacks with creative ideas for enhancements).

I hope they choose this title - "Beyond the Future".

I do miss the rice and corn farms as well as the pig pastures.

Therein lies the problem as said features should have already been in this game in the first place.

Top Bottom