Windows 8

Ah, that does narrow it down significantly. I suppose frequently used programs vs. search depends on how wide of a variety of programs you typically use. So if you tend to use 9 programs regularly, and rarely anything else, frequently-used programs is probably more useful. If you use a wide variety and none dominate, search is probably more useful. On my laptop in particular, the number of programs I use regularly is low enough that nearly everything fits into frequently used programs, but that's less true on my desktop and my work laptop especially.

I do agree that the delay time for tab previews is too long, which is part of the reason I've rarely used them even with 7.

I like Windows 8. I don't like the native apps, but I like the overall stability of the system. I can't recall a single time that I had a BSOD when using it. Games run very well with it, even old games.

Ah, that does narrow it down significantly. I suppose frequently used programs vs. search depends on how wide of a variety of programs you typically use. So if you tend to use 9 programs regularly, and rarely anything else, frequently-used programs is probably more useful. If you use a wide variety and none dominate, search is probably more useful. On my laptop in particular, the number of programs I use regularly is low enough that nearly everything fits into frequently used programs, but that's less true on my desktop and my work laptop especially.

I do agree that the delay time for tab previews is too long, which is part of the reason I've rarely used them even with 7.

Yeah, but even without automatic frequently used programs you could still pin the exact same ones into the start menu.

Shorten preview delay:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/40425-taskbar-thumbnail-previews-change-delay-time.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/40405-taskbar-thumbnail-live-preview-change-delay-time.html

I use Windows 8.1. Once I installed Stardock 8, it was basically Windows 7. I can't even access the Start menu unless I use Run or Ctrl Alt Delete.

Top Bottom