1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WoC v1.00 Bug Thread - NOT Specific Modules

Discussion in 'Civ4 - World of Civilization' started by TAfirehawk, Jul 28, 2008.

1. rockinroger

rockinroger WoC Team Member

2. rockinroger

Hows this going for you? Ill have to update that Civ pack with Hiawatha, b4 i release it.

3. promomansr

promomansr Chieftain

@ rockingroger - The game is still going into an endless loop of waiting for other civs. I'm working on tracing where the problem is with VC debug tool but have not found anything that accounts for it.

I will send logs and open a bug report as soon as I sure it is the game and not something else with Vista or my setup that is causing it.

4. essormo

essormo Chieftain

I manage to change the city radius by changing CITY_PLOTS_RADIUS_EXTENDED and BASE_CITIZEN_RADIUS in the DCR_GlobalDefines file. But the corresponding file DCR_GlobalDefines which lets buildings influence the city radius does not seem to work (the iCitizenRadiusModifier). I tried different combinations of changes, but the buildings (granery and hospital) won't seem to affect the city radius.

Please only reply if you have testet this out and found a way for it to work.

5. rockinroger

How about i just get that game concept out tonite.

6. buck beach

buck beach Prince

Hi, I have no idea what I am doing yet but I have 1.0 installed along with both official and unofficial 3.17 updates along with Bug. When I open the mod I get:

Assert Failed

File: .\CvXMLLoadUtilitySet.cpp
    Line: 1545
    Expression: bSuccess
    I am able to ignore and get into a game start, but am lost from there (I see no difference between the mod and the BTS standard.

Can some one point me toward an "instructions for dummies location". I hope it is very basic I am not that savee (sic) but I was able to work in and around the VISA ini changes in Warlords.

7. rockinroger

Ru running BTS 3.17?

8. ahartnett

ahartnett Chieftain

I get the same error as buck beach and also have bug installed. Am running 3.17. If you click ignore, the rest loads fine. The opening screen looks like a normal BTS screen but other screens have woc in the corner so i know it's loaded. I've tried it with and without the modules loaded and have the same issue.

This may sound stupid, but I have no idea how to get another module to load, such as diversica. Is the front end loader what we're not seeing? Thanks for any help.

9. buck beach

buck beach Prince

Yes, I have the Standard BTS upgraded to 3.17. I went through a reinstall of everything (and I mean everything back to original Civ IV standard) and now purposely left out the unofficial 3.17 and BUG (except for standard BTS game). I still get the same error.

Edit: I forgot to include my system is Windows XP

I just started it up again and unlike AHARTNETT, I see nothing in the game that indicates it is running (except the openning screen).

10. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

I get the same error, both with and without BUG. Haven't tested any modules yet, but I'll be making some myself in the coming months.

11. mamba

mamba Deity

BUG might be the issue here as it and WoC change some Python files, so maybe the two are not compatible (not sure, I do not use BUG).

Have you tried loading without BUG (i.e. deleting/renaming CustomAssets) ?

You don't, at least not Diversica. While you could use it, it would require some manual work. If you install Diversica for WoC, it will install in its own directory and you can load that just like any other mod.

Merging Diversica with WoC or WoC modules with Diversica (both should work in theory) will require some manual editing however (with merging modules into Diversica being the easier approach as all you need to worry about is modules, not Assets/XML).

12. rockinroger

AH the WoC core does not include any modules you can find modules here, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=285008, post 3, look in the spoilers. Basically we released the core, which you could consider the framework of a house, the modules that you choose to add would be the furnishings. Sorry for bad carpentry metaphor, buts thats what i do. So yes main WoC will not aqppear too much different from BTS, as far as Units, Buildings, Resources, etc. It does however set everything up for the modules, that you the player can choose to add or not add.

13. ahartnett

ahartnett Chieftain

Thanks, Mamba. It all makes sense now. It didn't occur to me that Diversica would load WOC with it. Interestingly, I don't get the Assert Failed Error when WoC loads through Diversica but it didn't load the dark blue interface or the buttons on the left. Maybe the error has something to do with the interface. I am getting the opening WoC screen now whether loading WoC core or through Diversica. Don't know why I wasn't getting it before.

14. buck beach

buck beach Prince

So is there a check (special building, unit, civilopelia (sic) entry, etc) or something that indicates that when I ignore the startup error regarding the utility dll does not otherwise effect the mod :confused:.

15. Fierabras

Fierabras Emperor

Chances are likely that it's just a minor error. Ignoring this assert would probably not effect anything.

16. rockinroger

What is your start up error?

17. buck beach

buck beach Prince

If that was for me here it is:

Assert Failed

File: .\CvXMLLoadUtilitySet.cpp
    Line: 1545
    Expression: bSuccess
    This was indicated above along with other items possibly relevant.

18. rockinroger

Ah yes you should just be able to ignore that one and continue. Do you have your logs on?

19. mamba

mamba Deity

You are welcome, if you need help merging something with Diversica, let me know in the Diversica thread. Usually it should just be a matter of adjusting the MLF files.

20. Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin he bravely ran away

hey guys
    found a bug
    see the first line on screen shot
    city of maypan is in revolt ,this has appeared for at least the last 50 turns, does not seem to affect anything else ,but clearly is stuck in some kind of loop
    can attach a save if you need it

Attached Files: